Higby tweets incoming fixes! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not just a Power Supply Unit anymore!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-12, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Re: Higby tweets incoming fixes!

Nice, might finally be able to stick that Skyguard turret on my pimped out Lightning and cause some chaos.
Old 2013-01-12, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
ringring
Contributor
General

A couploe of comments from our forums.
In general buff to AA is good but:
1. Buff AA max flak before buffing render distances?
2. ESF composite armour reduced seems a little excessive
3. Libs untouched where libs are a problem, a slight nerf would have been welcome
Old 2013-01-12, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
"Direct hits with the MAX Burster can no longer damage the heavy armor of tanks, Sunderers and Phalanx Turrets"

WHAT?! No longer do damage to armor!? This must be one hell of a buff to flak for that to be done. The damage was already weak as hell and Iv only gotten 1 single assist from peppering armor with a burster.
Bursters are an AA weapon, not AV. They are not supposed to damage tanks and that's fine.

Hell Id rather use a burster on armor than try and use those god awful, cross-eyed, and slow as hell AV weapons NC MAXes have.
1. Again: Bursters are not supposed to hurt vehicles. The only thing you can do to a tank with them is to take their vision because the burster bullets really take a lot of the screen when fired at.

2. Dual falcons are actually pretty good if you can get close to a tank. 4 shots in the back kill an MBT (that is only once reloading because you have 2 guns). The only thing I don't like about them is the short range because they explode at a certain range in the air.
Old 2013-01-12, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Was it the skyguard that got the 20% damage buff? Because I think this would be kind of an interesting change. For me skyguards are pretty difficult to use.
Still pretty difficult to use. IMO mainly because of two things; first of all it have a bit too slow bullet speed so you need to lead infront of a ESF with allot and secondly the gun is placed next to you so you shoot from the right into the center witch if close does not always align with the crosshair.

But if you manage to hit something it does some more damage now... A ESF that hovers infront of a skygaurd now is quite dead.

Last edited by Sunrock; 2013-01-12 at 07:59 AM.
Old 2013-01-12, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

I went and took a look at the official forums (obviously I hate myself), and the ESF pilots are already flipping their shit over these changes.
Old 2013-01-12, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Beerbeer
Major

I talked about the inevitable balance see-saw back in beta: they won't get it right and it won't work.
Old 2013-01-12, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Legolas
Private

Originally Posted by Beerbeer View Post
I talked about the inevitable balance see-saw back in beta: they won't get it right and it won't work.
Yeah, you're never going to be able to balance things when fundamental concepts automatically screw it all up irregardless, like constant overaccess to vehicles, one-man MBTs, overabundance of spotting, too many hex territories and ridiculously overeffective ESFs.
Old 2013-01-12, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Beerbeer
Major

Agree.

They should have left everything as-is, overpowered vehicles and all, but just nerfed the crap out of vehicle access, which they will never do and so this game will flounder under the weight of nerfs/buffs or flounder if they don't change a thing.

They cannot win.
Old 2013-01-12, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

I think nerfing resources made more sense. Oh well. At least this is better than before.
Old 2013-01-12, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-12, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Strategy
Private

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Da big homie Higby is winning right now.

Fret not ESF pilots Higby left you yummy Lib targets in the sky for you to shoot down.. you get to actually be pilots now. For those who do not know how to be a pilot (likely there are lots of you.) Iron a pro ESF pilot has flight school tutorials on his channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LMSTVx
He has some good videos. The thing I dislike about flying is that there's so many different AA sources that it's just annoying to fly some days. It's all good though. I still enjoy finding ways to be a better pilot.
Old 2013-01-12, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
FreeSpeech
Corporal

Sooooooo there's nothing in there about actually making the Reaver competitive vs the other fighters, just a bug fix that didn't even affect everyone and yet flak damage is now buffed so that Reavers can die even easier.
Old 2013-01-12, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
igster
Sergeant

Overall balance feels better. Libs are still wtf bbq pwning ground targets and AA seems a threat to Aircraft rather than being ignored. Still lots of ESFs up which is very good. Just not dominating the ground like they were.
Old 2013-01-12, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

First thing I noticed was there was more ESF's and more AA around so obviously everyone involved was pretty keen to test stuff out.

Bit of bad luck if you happened to be an ESF pilot who entered into the airspace being protected by those rarely used Skyguards.
I know the group I was with was rolling lots of AA, a hell of a lot more than usual just to test it.

So I can understand those ESF tears but realise just how much more AA is out testing atm.
There were still plenty of good pilots who got away repeatedly but those who insisted on following the same path or just had to release that last pod often came off second best.

I felt the Skyguard was more usable than prior to the hot fix.
Not something I will run with each time I am on but in its current form I wont hesitate to spawn one if the need arises.
At least now I know it will be an effective deterrent with the possibility of a couple of kills on the unsuspecting.
Previously I would just grab a Burster MAX and the Skyguard just sat in the garage.

(be funny if Highy comes out and says it was a placebo patch)
Old 2013-01-12, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Eliphas
Private

Originally Posted by ShadetheDruid View Post
I went and took a look at the official forums (obviously I hate myself), and the ESF pilots are already flipping their shit over these changes.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion