So - It's been a year this month - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Strippers wanted. Apply on the Hot Girls thread.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2004-05-02, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

This should have a poll.

PS is good.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-05-02, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Man it seems as iff barley any time has passed, i remember when i won PSU beta contest and was like OMFG HOLY SHIT I FUCKING WON. But i had 56k ad had the worst lag evar, but i still loved it

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-02, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
MadCat360
Corporal

I still remember my first kills...I had just certed in Mosquito (back in September 03) and headed to Ceryshen, Sedna. There were four TR trying to cap it and I was one of the three people there. I met three of them half-way from the tower by a log and a tree, two were in agile and one in an AA MAX...I killed them all with my suppressor! Alas I have since quit (As of last month due to the massive amounts of lag and Rexo buff, and I'm on High speed DSL!) I still feel that its a good game and the comunity is awsome! But, its just not to my taste (I'm more of a MiliSim guy). As for PSU, you guys are the bomb!
Old 2004-05-02, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
TheN00b
Colonel

O lord in heaven, what hath happened to the post bubbles?!

On topic, I love Planetside, now and forever, amen.
Old 2004-05-02, 11:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Tssha
Corporal

I started playing in open beta, and if I hadn't played in that I never would have gotten into Planetside in the first place. I debated with myself whether it was worth it to get this game, and thus started on the 29th instead of the 20th. Still, I'm glad I got it because now, 11 months later I'm still playing. The only game I played longer was Warcraft II, which I played as a kid. I played that game for a whole year. I tend to just drop a game and move on to another. I keep signing on to Planetside though. Not every day, but enough to justify the cost.

The day I found a good outfit ([shameless plug] The Vindicators [/shameless plug]) was the day I hit my stride. They were the best thing that happened to me and have really helped to take my game to the next level. If you're not in a good outfit, find one. They make this game better. If you often find yourself wondering whether it's a good idea to sign on, you probably should start looking around for something better. Find one with a good leadership structure, and a teamspeak server.

When I first started out I had no skills. I used a rocklet gun because it was easy to use. I stuck with it though, and now I'm an awesome player. Now I own instead of getting owned. My skills with the Pulsar are excellent, and I'm mean accurate with a Lancer. I'm not the best by any means, but I can still dish out the ownage.

I've never been a part of something from the beginning, but Planetside, is the sort of thing you can be proud to say "I was there from the start. I knew that game when it was just starting out." Planetside is something special, and it'll only get better with time. For all those who stopped playing, all I have to say is give Planetside another chance. It's much improved from the early days. I remember the crashes, and the bugs, and not wanting to play. Still, I stayed, and now that this game is awesome, I'm glad I'm still playing it. I can't wait to see what they have in store for year two.
Old 2004-05-02, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
buttfour9567
Private

dont do the tournament mode

i played diablo2 for about 6 months found out about ps then left d2 then found out that my comp wasnt fast enough for ps.i went back to d2 and found out that nothing had changed.....all u do in that game is trade trade trade trade trade to see who can get the best stuff to be better in game....now i feel that if ps get a tourney mode most outfits will kind of detour the original idea of ps and go straight to tourney mode....only to prove whos better.whats the point?this is PS not CS.

lemme noe what u guys think
Old 2004-05-02, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Kam
Major

I don't know. Planetside is a good game, there are just so many things wrong with it that my head hurts. I just wonder why the PS devs don't look to other dev companies like Blizzard, not for help from them, but to get examples on how to fix things. So many balance issues... sigh. PS has so much potential, alas I don't think sony will ever realize them. I will still play though, just because I want to max my exp out and start a character on TR.

P.S. Tssha, Ive been playing the Warcraft series for 5 years, that game never gets old. Also, overall I'd have to say WC is better than PS.

Last edited by Kam; 2004-05-02 at 11:47 PM.
Old 2004-05-02, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SquirrelMan
Staff Sergeant

I started on May 22, which is my birthday (I think that might have been release day, or atleast it was very close to it)... It's grown up so much! (for lack of a better term...)

*salutes*
Old 2004-05-03, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Squishling
Private

To be honest, if I don't restrain my self about cheering Planetside, I would write all day.

From the launch we've come far, and it is not just bugfixes. Its new different content, additions, changes, etc for the better.
Planetside grows and change every day. The PS "universe" is so big with variations that players can do, and does. This game is the best! What other game do you see only players and no AI(monsters, npc, etc) that provides you with most intense action and variation?
I played Funcoms Anarchy Online for more than a year. To tell you the truth... I said to my self... never never ever again a MMO... then I saw Planetside.
I liked it from the first day and it grew to love. Since I started playing PS, I've asked myself:"Why the hell did I even play a MMORPG?". MMOFPS rules and SOE have shown it and the way.
MMORPGs are rediculous compared to the Planetside concept(now alot of people gets offend, but I don't care). Sitting in caverns, camping monsters and awaiting for 4 hours for them to spawn(OR MORE!), just to see some uber level player pass you with the blink of an eye, kill it and loot everything you dreamed of.

PS is based on skills! Pure player skills. Your skills gets rewarded. From time to time you have to make tactical desicions, you don't get that much in a RPG.

Yeah, the launch of CC was a disaster. The "try to fix it" have been a disaster, untill the cavernlock benifits. Now it is ok, gives a point of getting "down under". But still needs fixing.
There is still some dissapointments with CC from my side:
Closed cavern cyclus, why the hell? Close Annwn cavern(the worst joke of stoned dev), open the others.
3 AT vehicles, to 3 vehicle certs. Why not 1 AT vehicle to every vehicle cert?
3 AT weapons to 3 weaponcerts. *sigh*
If they put more concept and additions into CC, they will come up with more playing and purchasing CC.

But all in all, PS gets my 10 out of 10 stars, its brand new, unique and great!
CC though gets my 6-7 out of 10, needs improvement.

And Planetside Universe gets my 9 out of 10. I love your dedication to PS and the playerbase. Dev talk, IGN, movies, forum, downloads and cool empire recruitment commercials that makes me laugh alot.(the TR Texans rules, "get'em Bubba")

Ok, done, I'm off to play... yes Planetside.

Yes I'm addicted.

Best outfit on Werner:
http://www.oldschools.net

Last edited by Squishling; 2004-05-03 at 03:49 AM.
Old 2004-05-03, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Bokuden
Contributor
Private

Well, I love the game. But I'm not sure that i still would be playing if did not join the DRUCKWELLE. (maby you heard about it - german speaking online Clan - nr. 1 on Werner)
It is just great to play a game with 40 or 60 firends in Platoons (ouwwiee if i remember when we had to organise our attacks without Platoons hahaha)

The games gets better, and the players and commanders get better too. atm PS has real good conndition I think - As long as Druckwelle will be in PS I'll be in PS.

And to PSU - I learned alot of things while reading all the information on your page, keept it going ;D thx 2 U
Old 2004-05-03, 05:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

PSU for teh win!!
Old 2004-05-03, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
NorrinRadd
Private

I have been playing for a year now. One of the best things about PS is the community and web sites like PSU. PSU has been very informative. I download all the "Ask the Devs" and listen to them during work (taking notes to pass on to my GameNight crew). Yeah, everyone at work thinks I am a major geek.

As far as PS goes, I agree with some of the previous posts. Sony has to get PS on the shelves and market this game. It is a great game and it can grow if people new about it. I have never played a game for a year straight, maybe a few months but never even close to year AND COUNTING.

My one problem with PS is the "addiction factor". I can't NOT play this game. I am here now on a forum about this game. When I lay down to sleep and close my eyes I see the game. I run scenearios through my head, what cert combos should I try next, how can I take over a facility with just 4 guys, what cert combos should they have, etc.

Thanks Sony for monopolizing all my free time.
Old 2004-05-03, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Planetside + PSU > Any other game or site I have been with.

Old 2004-05-03, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

yeah been playing about 14 months here...whenever it was 1 week until open beta started, like april 23 2003,

I think it has changed for both the better and worse

being a TR loyalist for most of those 14 months I think you can understand why I feel this way

I miss the pounder when 2 of them could single handedly hold a tower for 45 minutes

I miss seeing most of our infantry carry cyclers over MCGs

I miss my old striker

I do not miss feeling helpless against the NC indoors

I do not miss feeling sorry for the vanu

I do NOT miss the old surge ( devs)

I've had more fun with this game than almost any other I have played, I was more blown away by it my first day than any other game before or since, I've never hated any game as much as planetside, Ive never loved any game as much as planetside

1 year later the only thing I can really say is...why the fuck are people still hitting the deploy ams button instead of the equipment terminal
Old 2004-05-03, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sputty
Banned

PSU rox so much it beats pr0n
PS needs some work done, especially to balance some of the glaring problems
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion