Why are harassers in the game? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It makes one hell of a fondu!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-14, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Re: Why are harassers in the game?

Its not just lone tanks that fear harassers its entire platoons, they tear through people crushing them, blast tanks to tiny bits while easily evading the shots. They are the terror of all things in this game frankly. Nothing should have their amazing survivability raw damage and manoeuvrability. One of them needs to go
Old 2013-11-14, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I think the problem is that fully-gunned tanks also tend to fear them, and they probably shouldn't.
Old 2013-11-14, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
I think the problem is that fully-gunned tanks also tend to fear them, and they probably shouldn't.
IMO tanks are too weak but when they can spam spawn doors and control points it's hard to have sympathy. But what i'm say is that the harasser is not too strong.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-11-14, 09:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
MaxDamage
Sergeant Major

Why are Magriders in the game?
Old 2013-11-14, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by MaxDamage View Post
Why are Magriders in the game?
hehe... your in fine form today
Old 2013-11-14, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Dude why can the infantry dodge my shots? OP. No seriously though Harassers are going to get a nerf, a pretty significant one from what I can gather. Higgles mentioned that an AP tank (Maybe not the prowler?) should probablly be able to one shot a harasser or at least get it burning. Who knows if that will go live though. Then they're also going to reduce the repair speed from the back of the harasser as well as nerf all AV secondaries with a damage modifier by range. You want to farm kills? Fine, now you have to put yourself in some danger to do it.
Old 2013-11-15, 03:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Snoopy
Sergeant

imo they wouldn't be half the problem they are if it weren't possible to repair them from the rumble seat.
Old 2013-11-15, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
imo they wouldn't be half the problem they are if it weren't possible to repair them from the rumble seat.
I agree.. but Saron and Enforcer(?) aren't even in the same ballpark with the Vulcan, that needs to be balanced too.
Old 2013-11-15, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
synkrotron
First Sergeant

Misc Info

I don't see anything wrong with any piece of equipment in this game, whether it is faction specific or available to all. I've said this before in another thread... Real life isn't about balance and fairness. We should simply learn to deal with what our PS2 life throws at us. It is up to us, as individuals or teams to work out how we can flip the balance in our favour.

I've been sniped, missiled, mined, run over etc. etc. and one thing I don't say is, "that's unfair." I try to think what I can do to counter whatever is "owning" me. It never works but I always try.
Old 2013-11-15, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Real life isn't about balance and fairness.
You do realize that this game isn't simulating anything at all. Comparing this to real life is like watching something happen in Star Trek and yelling 'that's not realistic!'. Well duh...

This game is not a simulator. There's no reason whatsoever to have 1 side 'have all the goodies'. Imagine some shoebox shooter game like Bf4 or alike, having 1 side with all the tech in the world and another using sticks and stones. Would you say 'deal with it, real world isn't fair' in that case?
This game is about an imaginary fight between imaginary sides in imaginary world. There should be an imaginary balance too in order to make the game fair regardless the side. At it is, the gameplay is not fair for various reasons.
Old 2013-11-15, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Nevertheless, Bullets and explosions, in game or not, should still act as such. And no one side ever has "all the goodies" even in life. One side has better airplanes, the other better naval units (world war 2 anyone?). Etc.

Case in point, a bit of simulation is needed so the game doesn't end up being just plain silly like Saints Row. While I'm sure Saints row is a good game, I wouldn't play it for the fighting.

And I think Vulcan got nerfed awhile back. Speaking as someone that's used it both recently and awhile ago, it defiantly takes a bit longer to blow up vehicles. Now all we need is for engeis to stop repairing at the back seat while it's moving and maybe bring down the armor a bit so an AP round leaves it in the red.
Old 2013-11-15, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
I agree.. but Saron and Enforcer(?) aren't even in the same ballpark with the Vulcan, that needs to be balanced too.
The Sauron and the Enforcer will NEVER be in the same ballpark as the Vulcan. Those two weapons are relatively slow firing, high damage shots. Both are excellent to use from range, and if you miss one shot you need to wait a second before you can try again.
The Vulcan is a mid to close range weapon. Fast firing, low damage. If you miss your first shot, you can walk it in.

No amount of number changing is going to balance the ES harasser weapons as each represent different ways of driving and gunning a Harasser

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-11-15, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Vulcan-H and Saron-H are pretty close as per last balance pass. NC are the only ones with a solid weapons complaint where harassers are concerned. This has been a public service announcement.
Old 2013-11-15, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Wahooo
Captain

I think the weaponry on the harasser, especially the AV types are a bit of a separate issue, thought they are more powerful than I would have expected from the design, but this dev team from the start has not understood that dedicated driver and gunner IS more powerful than a combo driver-gunner role.

The thing with the harasser is that it has great power, speed and maneuverability, good. We need a ground vehicle like this. BUT it has amazing survivability on top of the speed and maneuverability. With maxxed composite armor and the engie jumping into the rumble seat the ability to stay alive and quickly get back into the fight is just too much.

I'm not against the tools it has, but being able to have all of them at once without sacrificing something is too much. There should have been all along more give with the take on many fronts with vehicle certs and maybe weapon certs as well. The way the certs were explained way back pre-tech test was that we would be improving aspects but sacrificing in other areas... well the only sacrifice is that we aren't able to have both of something. I really believe the improvement of one aspect needs a SLIGHT nerf to something else.

With the harasser, maxing out the composite armor should slow it down. Not a ton, but at least a bit.
Old 2013-11-15, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
Both are excellent to use from range
Key thing right there. Range plays no factor whatsoever in this game since everything even with maxed settings will stop rendering in few hundred meters... 12x scope for sniper is a great example for this; ya, targets head is bigger on your screen but you'll hit it just as easy (if not easier) with 6x scope within rendering range... but meh, have fun with the Vulcan.. i can live with it, along with other OP stuff in the game.. for the record, i agree the Zoemax needs to be adjusted, just for example. Not as harshly as some have said but still.

Last edited by Plaqueis; 2013-11-15 at 01:57 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion