Implant ideas for the dev team. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PlanetSide cheats found in the Downloads section, go now.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-23, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sifer2
Major

Re: Implant ideas for the dev team.

I agree with you on that Sturmhardt. Of course they already went down that path. Between camo's that cover up most of your team color. Vehicle gunner turrets that can counter completely different things. And stuff like Shotguns being available to every class. You never really know what your up against in this game half the time. You just mash Q to confirm it's an enemy then shoot an hope for the best. It used to be that shooters were designed for you to be able to clearly see things, and know what to counter with. But I guess the modern shooter design is more like Call of Duty where anything goes, and people can use all kind of crazy **** they unlocked. Part of the reason I quit playing TF2.
Old 2013-05-23, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Coldnl
Private

Originally Posted by Sturmhardt View Post
I think implants are really bad for a pvp game. I see a shooter like a game of chess I play with many different people but instead of moving a figure on a board, I move my playermodel in a virtual environment. It is important to know the exact rules of each situation to really be able to outsmart your opponent on even grounds. For example if I see a guy behind a wall I know he can only approach me from the ends of said wall - if I notice that he is a light assault trooper I know he can jump over the wall any time. Based on my observation I can use a strategy to outsmart him.
That makes games fun for me, trying to predict the other guy's behavior and being smarter by trying to do something he does not predict.

Now with implants that even ground is somehow destroyed because suddenly things get unpredictable in the simplest encounters, for example if a guy is firing at me from medium distance and I close in on him, I can estimate when his clip is probably empty and he has to reload. I will rush him as soon as I hear/feel that he is out of ammo. If everything goes right I can shoot him with his pants down and he won't have a chance because he is reloading while I can easily kill him. A kill through skill because I know how to time my attack, feels good. Now let's imagine the guy has the "awesome reload implant III" (which you can buy for only 200 SC per day, yay!) which makes him reload 3 times faster than usually - he will just reload in a splitsecond and kill me. But there is no way for me to predict that he is using such an implant. I will get killed even though I used the superior tactic and there is no way to know which implant a guy has - so it's basically luck if you kill some guy or bad luck if he has the right implant for a random situation and he kills you.

In computer games it is important to have a known set of rules for everybody so you can play with your skill and experience and not just rely on your luck. Implants make the lucky component of encounters stronger.
I agree with this guy. Also with new players it would be even more unfair.
Old 2013-06-09, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Just hope that implants will be BR based. Maybe 1 implant every BR30 so those that are battle rank 100 can automatically pick 3. Further implants can be obtain at BR 120,150,180 etc. However a limit should be placed so that you can only load 2 or 3 at a time. Implants are power changers. They shouldn't be easy to obtain heck maybe even every BR 40. You should earn them by in game play.

Last edited by capiqu; 2013-06-09 at 09:22 PM.
Old 2013-06-09, 11:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Galron
Staff Sergeant

Voting no to darklight. I have 70 hours as an infiltrator and we are too easily seen anyway.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Variable zoom scope.

I want a 1x4 scope.
Old 2013-06-10, 12:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Variable zoom scope.

I want a 1x4 scope.
Suit-based optics in general. Save variable-zoom scope for empire-specific scopes.
Old 2013-06-10, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hyglak
Private

Hardend dust of Indar - Resistance to Shotgunpellets

6-Million-$-Man - increased jump

Guns of Navarone - increased zoom/sights when using stationary guns

Gunmonkey - decrease reloadtime for handguns
Old 2013-06-10, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
Just hope that implants will be BR based. Maybe 1 implant every BR30 so those that are battle rank 100 can automatically pick 3. Further implants can be obtain at BR 120,150,180 etc. However a limit should be placed so that you can only load 2 or 3 at a time. Implants are power changers. They shouldn't be easy to obtain heck maybe even every BR 40. You should earn them by in game play.
They were back in beta and Tech Test. In PS1, you could only acquire an Implant, once you reached BRs 6, 12 and 18.
Old 2013-06-10, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

I want an implant that automatically taunts my opponents when I kill them.

*edit* Or apologize for that matter, I think I like this one even better, hah.

*headshot* "Oops! My fault!"

Last edited by KesTro; 2013-06-10 at 08:25 AM.
Old 2013-06-10, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
so basically like Deus Ex?

"My vision is augmented."
That would be awesome. I remember playing the first Deus Ex and having the targeting implant where you could upgrade it to see targeting info and then night vision and then see through walls.

Upgrades on implants and different implant slots. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Oh. And a regen implant.

And no implants on improving weapons (except perhaps a strength implant to improve knife damage. But that's all). It should ONLY effect the players themselves.

Also, does infrared detect cloakers? 'Cus if not, it really should. And we can have Night and Infa as head implants, which leaves us the option of either having it on a weapon or not.

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-06-10 at 08:43 AM.
Old 2013-06-10, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
Suit-based optics in general. Save variable-zoom scope for empire-specific scopes.
It was an implant in PS1.

I really dont care where it domes from - I just want it.
Old 2013-06-10, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Darklight
Adv Targeting
Regen

I like the idea I read prior of making implants that stack or work together somehow. The way Implants worked in PS1 would be fine, but I'd be open to seeing them change it (for-the-better) somewhat.

They could look into adding Implants that accentuate certain cert Trees.
EXAMPLE; Your Flashes Radar radius would increase 100% .... while you were on your Flash with your Implant (radar) active ..... stuff like that would be cool, but not really OP.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-06-11 at 10:10 AM.
Old 2013-06-10, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
icon
Private

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
Darklight
Adv Targeting
Regen

I like the idea I read prior of making implants that stack or work together somehow. The way Implants worked in PS1 would be fine, but I'd be open to seeing them change it (for-the-better) somewhat.

The could look into adding Implants that accentuate certain cert Trees.
EXAMPLE; Your Flashes Radar radius would increase 100% .... while you were on your Flash with your Implant (radar) active ..... stuff like that would be cool, but not really OP.
because someone would just create a second account and dual box a guy sitting on a radar flash while biofarmimg, effectively turning it (or any base) into an interlink farm until the shields get taken down and the flash gets destroyed.
(edit) yes it's already a bit of a farm, but expanding the range of radar flash that far would be OP imo, for a F2P game.

That being said, I would be ok with the implants as they were in PS1.
The only implant I want back from PS1, however, was the "original" silent run implant, before it was changed and called "sensor shield".

Last edited by icon; 2013-06-10 at 03:12 PM.
Old 2013-06-11, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I know, an implant that helps me see the VS at night.

Old 2013-06-11, 10:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
It was an implant in PS1.

I really dont care where it domes from - I just want it.
You are right, it was an implant in PS1. I would agree for a variable-suit based optics, ranging from 2x, 4x, to 6x, as it was in PS1 [iirc] with the implant. That'd be neat.

But firing using this optics with any accuracy but hip-fire is a no-no... but that's just me. I like the idea of implant optics using variable zoom, but not necessarily a scope. Then again, why not a scope? Having 6x zoom with no scope sway would be fukkin baller.

On that note,

Additional implant suggestions:

NO STAT MODIFIERS...

Optics Retention Sensor: This implant will give the user an audible warning whenever an enemy is looking at them. The more enemies looking at you, the louder the warning.

Audio Amp 2.0: This implant gives the user an optional suit tool that detects nearby enemy activity and sends the signal to a signal pulse readout, a la Aliens vs. Predator, creepy audio pulse included.
[wouldn't that be fun? bottom left corner:
Enhanced Vision Mode: This implant will read the ground telemetry in front of the soldier using ultra-high frequency sound and electromagnetic waves and then transform the landscape into a wireframe, allowing the soldier to see enemy targets more clearly and through objects that would normally obstruct vision.
[MechWarrior 2; 45 seconds in]
Enhanced Vision Mode will highlight the weakspots of turrets, tanks, and infantry units. Ideally it wouldn't have a range limit since cloakers would still be invisible.

Nanomech Arms: Removes scope-sway [or makes it a linear up-down pattern].

Magnetic Fingers: Allows the soldier to throw two grenades at once.

Static Response Drive: This implant returns damage to soldiers who inflict melee damage to you.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-06-11 at 10:19 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion