News: Team Introduction and Screenshots - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma for Prez!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-09-14, 03:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Team Introduction and Screenshots

Nicely whritten, but the group photo reminds me of a "Supernatural" poster. I wonder why.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2011-09-14, 03:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Yuriusu
Private

I think their outfits have little color because they are low-level characters. Low level characters in PS1 are very bland also.
Old 2011-09-14, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
kklkit
Private

Forgelight doesn't look worse than Forstbite
Old 2011-09-14, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Graywolves
General

Nice, I'm excited and very pleased with the TR uniforms so far.
Old 2011-09-14, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Lets look at the screenys then:

Just look at the detail for the armor. Now look at the guys back of his knee. This isnt just some usual stuff here, this really is high quality work, because it actually looks like it would look like in RL, and not just the model smashed together whenever someone is kneeing.
This really is quality

The Shadows are also quite nice. The bushes cast shadows on the guy, he also has self shadowing. And also look at the grass. Gone are the days of giant grass bushes that makes it hard to see mines.

Everyone with a slight clue about modeling sees that those trees are low poly. But thats usual stuff for such objects, you cant just waste the count there. Yet, the textures look like high quality.
The rocks in the background are just fantastic, and if the game allows them to use them the way they look, such rock formations may provide useful cover for snipers. Just climb into one of those dark spots and be almost save.
If you look at the grass, you notice that the grass up front on the grass texture is green and alive, but the grass back on the sand is actually dead.

SOE guys: if you read this, Tell T-Ray and the art guys that they really did a fantastic job. I have seen lots of quality graphics in my live, but on those two screens you really feel the love those guys put into their work. <3
Old 2011-09-14, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
SpLiTNuTz
Corporal

I hope these characters they are using the model the game are the starting armor you get at BR1 and once you go up the BRs the more they will become a lot more red/blue/purple.

That being said the game looks beautiful!
Old 2011-09-14, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
cellinaire
Captain

When SOE said like "ForgeLight engine is capable of 2011, AAA-FPS quality" I took it with a grain of salt. But here finally, some high quality screenshots that can compete with even Cryengine3 and new Frostbite2, in this epic scale Yay ^_^

(yeah I've played Crysis with maximum setting many times and seen enough of Crysis2 max and Battlefield3 HD quality footages.)

Of course, games are not all about graphics but I really have to say Kudos to the art team and T-ray =)

Last edited by cellinaire; 2011-09-14 at 04:54 AM.
Old 2011-09-14, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Shogun
Contributor
General

do they really use these high quality stuff ingame? i mean are those really ingame graphics of an alpha scene? or are that rendered concept art shots?

if they use these extreme high quality models AND keep the game lagfree, i am very impressed!
Old 2011-09-14, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
CrystalViolet
First Lieutenant

stunning on all levels. Really impressed with how much more realistic and mature the uniform designs are this time around. The neon GIJoe look of PS1's characters was kind of cool at the time, but really doesn't hold up all that well.
Old 2011-09-14, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
do they really use these high quality stuff ingame? i mean are those really ingame graphics of an alpha scene? or are that rendered concept art shots?

if they use these extreme high quality models AND keep the game lagfree, i am very impressed!

Just look at those screenshots up close and compare it to the previous screenies and trailer. I think it's highly unlikely that those are pre-rendered concept shots =)

But we will see, though.
Old 2011-09-14, 06:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Frostedawg
Private

idk, i think i like the TR with less bright red OMG HERE I AM GIANT BRIGHT TARGET.... with the more "bland" look comes better terrain blending better stealth esp for night ops... which i hope kick ass. and why do the tr maxes look like giant red beetles with huge round eyes... epic fail nc and vs maxes look badass. cant wait to see more armor options and examples of huge ammounts of personalization...
Old 2011-09-14, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Heaven
Master Sergeant

I cant wait to see some in game screen shots of MAX units, I can't imagine what they will look like. Hopefully bad ass! And to the guy that said they dont like the look of TR MAX units I personally think they look the best.
Old 2011-09-14, 07:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Miir
Malvision

Everything is looking great. Can't wait to see it all in action.

Those tree's look dangerous.
Old 2011-09-14, 07:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

Very exciting stuff!!! Keep them coming!
Old 2011-09-14, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Brokinarrow
Corporal

Man, i'm drooling over these screen shots, gorgeous!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion