TR and NC - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: For when the Morphine wears off
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-03, 01:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sunrock
Major

Re: TR and NC

Originally Posted by Sifer2 View Post
Just to make some corrections the Prowler is good at farming Infantry yes. But anything else, and it's far worse than the Vanguard or Magrider.
Jup the Prowler has a hard time against any other time and I think the main reason for this is because the Prowler accuracy sucks. Not to mention the bullet drop. Or should I say shell drop?
Old 2012-12-03, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Storn
Sergeant

Originally Posted by boogy View Post
I play TR and feel VS are 10x tougher to fight than NC. I actually think VS are the most powerful faction. All I do is die to magriders and their infantry weapons are no way inferior to TR's. When pops are even the VS have no problem steam rolling everyone. I think buffing the NC's heavy weapons will help balance things better.

Who do you NC feel are tougher to fight? The VS or TR?
I find there is nothing wrong with the NC weapon damage. The prob is people do too much spray and pray when they are meant to be burst fired (3-5 round burst at range). Then again it’s the same thing with the TR weapons up close I can just blaze but at medium to long I have to burst or most my rounds don’t land. The reason the VS feel so powerful is because they are middle of the road as far as balance. They have good fire rate and little to no drop off at range; all their bullets go extremely straight.

Last edited by Storn; 2012-12-03 at 08:29 AM.
Old 2012-12-03, 09:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Storn View Post
The prob is people do too much spray and pray when they are meant to be burst fired (3-5 round burst at range).
Actually the best thing to do at medium range with NC weapons is to just not bother, unless you've sidegraded to something with a bit more accuracy or just switched out entirely to something else (tip: if you're playing an NC heavy/engineer, the Warden is amazing). But burst fire doesn't cut it if your target doesn't have to burst fire.

I'm also on board with the people saying it's not so much the recoil that's the problem with NC weapons, it's the cone of fire.
Old 2012-12-08, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Beerbeer
Major

Both of my characters are about br23 now and the stats are almost identical, down to my damage done VS damage taken and K/D ratio. I mean, percentage-wise, they are extremely close.

However, the caveat is that I play HA as TR a lot, but I don't as NC because I don't like the saw in stock form, at all. So, I have to limit my play style as NC, while I can do everything, comfortably, as TR. In other words, I don't have to constantly try to flank as a TR grunt (although I still try) and I can simply run with the foot zerg and mow people down as an HA player. I don't feel comfortable doing this as an NC HA, at least not with stock guns, which is what I usually run with.

1. NC shotguns seem better, across the board, after playing them more. I guess this makes sense. I unlocked two TR shotguns, the nighthawk and barrage. The nighthawk is nice because it's auto; the barrage is nice because it's semi auto with lower pellet spread (i.e., it hits harder IMO). I still like the mauler better as it seems more consistent.

2. I like the mosquito more than the reaver now after playing in it for a long time. The base needler gun rocks, especially after you buff the crap out of it. I really don't like maximizing towards air or ground targets with this gun, as the needler works fairly well against everything and I don't feel exposed if I find myself in an engagement it wasn't designed for. It will take out infantry almost as quickly as rockets if you're close and can aim well. Same goes for armor, although the base NC gun seems to damage ground vehicles quicker, although I could just be imagining it. Anyways, the single point of fire has big advantages IMO, easier to hit and stay on target.

3. The 50 shot TR HA weapon (forgot the name) is actually damn nice and how NC HA guns should perform IMO. In fact, it's better at following the NC theme than any NC HA gun. It hits hard with a low rof, but doesn't have that outlandish horizontal and vertical recoil the saw and others are plagued with. I can use it just fine stock and can actually go full auto. Not as smooth or easy to keep on target as the carv, but that's expected.
Old 2012-12-08, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Im fairly sure all shotguns are the same.

That said I havent used TR shotguns since beta.

I bought the mauler in the starter pack the first or second day and its pretty much the only gun I use.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2012-12-08 at 02:22 PM.
Old 2012-12-08, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Beerbeer
Major

Well, that could be the case, and per pellet damage is probably the same, but I think some shotguns have different spreads at different ranges, which makes a big difference, but is hard to quantify.
Old 2012-12-08, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
HenchAnt
Corporal

Thanks to the OP, that's a well written post trying to be fair.

Actually, it feels like an uphill battle either way.
But I guess the VS feel tougher because of the vehicles.

What probably makes most of a difference is that VS on Miller seem to love their Scythes. I have no idea wether they are really that much better, or if it's just a fancy, but I see the sky more often dominated by VS planes than TR crafts. Besides the unique design, I would guess that it's the Scythes ability to quickly switch from hovering to evasion, which makes the farming of ground units quite newbie friendly. (And once enough EFTs are in the air, Liberators are having a field day.)

And the Magrider is probably the best anti-tank tank. It shoots really straight and is probably the easiest tank to hit with at a distance. And the low profile and the strafing ability make quite a bit harder to hit than a Prowler. But to be honest: I wouldn't want to trade my Vanguard with a Magrider.
Old 2012-12-08, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Beerbeer
Major

Just started playing my nc guy again and I never really noticed this before, but the reaver rocket pods have a slower rof than the mosquito. So use to playing the mosquito for the past week that the reaver feels awkward while podding. I'm sure I'll get use to it again soon enough.
Old 2012-12-08, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by HenchAnt View Post
Thanks to the OP, that's a well written post trying to be fair.

Actually, it feels like an uphill battle either way.
But I guess the VS feel tougher because of the vehicles.

What probably makes most of a difference is that VS on Miller seem to love their Scythes. I have no idea wether they are really that much better, or if it's just a fancy, but I see the sky more often dominated by VS planes than TR crafts. Besides the unique design, I would guess that it's the Scythes ability to quickly switch from hovering to evasion, which makes the farming of ground units quite newbie friendly. (And once enough EFTs are in the air, Liberators are having a field day.)
I think that air superiority is based on Pop.
TR usually have the highest pop on my server, so they can all pull mosquitoes, down other aircraft because they have a 3 to 1 advantage, and rocket pod the shit out of ground troops.
But rest assured...
Fucks will be given!
Old 2012-12-08, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Beerbeer
Major

The walker on my vanguard works better than before.

I miss the prowler's speed and I actually like the double barrel guns better than the vanguard's gun. One thing that bothers me between the two tanks is the gun drift. For some reason the barrel on the vanguard will drift while attempting to hold it stationary. I don't believe the prowler has as much of this effect than the vanguard. I seem to be able to hit targets, especially infantry, easier in the prowler than the vanguard. Vanguard is definitely tougher, though, just harder to shoot tiny infantry at distances compared to the prowler IMO.

This is with the HE gun on both, btw.

Last edited by Beerbeer; 2012-12-08 at 04:50 PM.
Old 2012-12-08, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Graywolves
General

The Guass Saw is actually very rewarding. Apparently it's just hard to use for most people.
Old 2012-12-08, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
The Guass Saw is actually very rewarding. Apparently it's just hard to use for most people.
But you can barely hit the broad side of a barn
Old 2012-12-08, 06:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Beerbeer
Major

Yeah, I admit, I'm not very good with a stock saw or the em6.

I can play just fine with the two stock TR guns, though.

I suggested this earlier: make the em1 the default NC HA gun and move the saw to an unlock. I bet a lot if the complaints would disappear.
Old 2012-12-08, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Yeah, the problem with the Gauss SAW isn't that it's a bad weapon as such (although it does seem to suffer from NC's cone of fire problems more than the rest), it's more that it's not a very newb-friendly weapon.

In the hands of a skilled FPS player it's probably really good, but for the rest of us it's a bit of a terrible introduction to the class.

The only upside is you can get away from it relatively cheaply (the GD-22S is only 100 certs).

Last edited by ShadetheDruid; 2012-12-08 at 07:26 PM.
Old 2012-12-08, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
james
Sergeant Major

I play TR and feel VS are 10x tougher to fight than NC. I actually think VS are the most powerful faction. All I do is die to magriders and their infantry weapons are no way inferior to TR's. When pops are even the VS have no problem steam rolling everyone. I think buffing the NC's heavy weapons will help balance things better.

TR by a country mile, the carv is just crazy good, and their esf is just smh. I feel with the the TR so many times i'm on target first the guy turns around and booms kills me in half a sec with his carv. There default weapons are just to good

Last edited by james; 2012-12-08 at 07:29 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion