TK'ing behavior - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WHO'S YOUR DADDY! Oh, uhh...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-09, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by -Desperado-
I'm sure Firefly doesn't speak for Black Widow Company as a whole, just let them grief out man, what's the point? I get enough grief from retards running down the middle of the bridge as is, I sure as hell don't need another couple hundred just to TK some random 7-day trial newbie.
I'm sure you might be wrong. My fellow players, somewhat to a whole, feel the same way I do. We will never be the first to TK. I said I surround myself with like-minded players.

There's a difference in accidents and deliberate TK. I might question whether or not someone running me over on a bridge was deliberate, but I was stupid enough to be in the middle of the bridge, my fault. That is why I never run from place to place but when I do? I stay on the railing.

Now if I am sitting in the hall and some asshole shoots me, that's deliberate. If a base is under attack and there are a thousand enemies around me, then yeah I might die. That's friendly fire and it wasn't from a Lasher. I can accept that. Melee combat with firearms is not pretty.

I also don't shoot someone if they apologize. That's common courtesy and I respect someone with the honor to stop and say "Damn man I am so sorry!". I do it myself if I ever accidentally TK a member.

I'm not talking about hunting down anyone who red-on-red's a troop of mine. I mean those ADHD motherfuckers who incessantly grief their buddies and then kill others in the process. You're free to go around having intra-outfit knife fights in Akna courtyard, but you better not stab one of mine.
Old 2004-03-09, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Holy fuck it's a game. Why do people get so pissed about tk'ing?

I kill someone if they shoot me on purpose.
If I'm in the mood, I'll kill someone for doing something stupid or being a pussy.
And if I'm in that same damn mood, which I am alot of times, I'll kill someone just for being there.

Ya, I play the game normally sometimes, but othertimes I like fuckin around? So what do I do? TK. Sue me.

It's a game, a teammate kills you. Boo-fuckin-hoo, kill him. If you don't like tk'ing play a different game.
Old 2004-03-09, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Subterfuge
Corporal

Originally Posted by Angel_of_Death
Holy fuck it's a game. Why do people get so pissed about tk'ing?

I kill someone if they shoot me on purpose.
If I'm in the mood, I'll kill someone for doing something stupid or being a pussy.
And if I'm in that same damn mood, which I am alot of times, I'll kill someone just for being there.

Ya, I play the game normally sometimes, but othertimes I like fuckin around? So what do I do? TK. Sue me.

It's a game, a teammate kills you. Boo-fuckin-hoo, kill him. If you don't like tk'ing play a different game.

Yeah seriously, Black Widows tone down.

Anyways, Some ass in a reaver was spamming rockets at my lightning, His intention was to not actually hit me but otherwise I got a little pissed because of some previous stuff that happened. So I tap fire and hit him with a measly mg round. About 1 hour later he comes into the vech term where im waiting and blasts me away. So for about the next 2 hours it was a TK war, from reavers to supressors to knife fights we had it all .It was pretty fun actually, he was in my squad btw so no grief here.
Old 2004-03-09, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Subterfuge
Yeah seriously, Black Widows tone down.
This completely contradicts what I said.

Originally Posted by Angel_of_Death
So what do I do? TK. Sue me.

It's a game, a teammate kills you. Boo-fuckin-hoo, kill him.
That's my entire point. We don't run around teamkilling people, but if you want to bring a fight, bring it and we'll respond in kind.

So yeah- Subterfuge, I agree with what he said about boofuckinghoo. My entire point is that I won't hesitate to unload on a fucking dipshit. So if you're done trying to be a smartass, get off my nuts.
Old 2004-03-09, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Ya, Subterfuge, I wasn't attacking Black Widows or Firefly....where do you get "Black Widows, tone down" from what either I or Firefly have said?

Tking is a part of the game, and pretty fun at some times. There will always be TKing, and nothing you can do but kill those who TK you, and then if you so desire, hunt them down for life. Though, I have usually outlasted the hunter...
Old 2004-03-09, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
JakeLogan
Major

My outfit had this one guy that was a complete ass. Constantly Tking. mainly just pissing us off. he was kicked in a Week. one week later I saw him in Enclave His name was MrSnapple (one week later he was begging the outfit leader to let him back in he got screenshots posted them on the outfit forums and we still laugh about it from time to time.) From time to time he used Tk one of us. so we in turn just Tk'ed back. well all said and done we pretty much ignore him now and if he shoots us we will fire back. but only if it's intentional.

Last edited by JakeLogan; 2004-03-09 at 04:59 PM.
Old 2004-03-09, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I ask them why they did it; this resolves about half the TKs I'm in. But if they say I killed them I apologize for it. If they something like you were in my way, when we were in a courtyard, I will simply stop talking to them. If they insist on saying vulgar words and meaningless jumble I'll just ignore them.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-03-09, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

heh 321 is still sore we kicked him out for being imature...
Old 2004-03-09, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SlyMarbo
heh 321 is still sore we kicked him out for being imature...
Dude...unless 321 now plays markov...

321 has always been a TR on Emerald as far as i'm converned so how could he of gotten kicked from your outfit?

Old 2004-03-09, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by Firefly
If you fire in my direction, you better be shooting the enemy behind me. Or else I'm going to stuff my knife so far up your ass you'll be spitting chain links for a week.

evilman agrees

so does the nice guy
Old 2004-03-09, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SilverLord
Dude...unless 321 now plays markov...

321 has always been a TR on Emerald as far as i'm converned so how could he of gotten kicked from your outfit?
That's not the PSU 321, that's a different one.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-10, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
SlyMarbo
Sergeant

might be same one.. I play TR emerald as well.. Catachan01 through 05
Old 2004-03-10, 01:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Brigadier General

Misc Info

It was ThreeTwoOne which was me. I was not kicked out from BH because I was immature, I left. The BH would rather have it that I was kicked because I was immature though. With bio osing a friendly coutyard to try to kill me but missing me and getting everyone else then talking on cr4 command chat about tking me on sight which resulted in cr4s coming to protect me.
Old 2004-03-10, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
shaizan
Contributor
Corporal

TKing is a really sad practice. I think that goes without saying. I've never understood why folks instigate such things. Then again I do not understand why people knife the wall of the CC for ten minutes with there backs to the door. They are leaving themselves open to assault this way. I see TKing and attempted TKing in the same light. By doing stuff like that you're not helping at the least of circumstances and really harming in the worst of circumstances, either way the team's effort is hampered. In a team game like PS that can really be disruptive.
Old 2004-03-10, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
xxhereticxx
Private

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who busts a cap in an idiot out there who shoots for no reason.

Edit: Also, why am I not being updated at PlanetSideStats?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion