Old 2004-12-30, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
starbum
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Im at a loss for words
Old 2004-12-30, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
2Seksy4MyModem
Corporal

Damn.... This is the only site I got to for PS. And the closest thing to a community I feel like I'm part of online (even if you all don't know me =b). Don't make me go to the OF! They scare me!
::runs and hides::
Old 2004-12-30, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
OfaLoaf
Colonel

To any and all Bohica who may give a shit and read:

Look, I'm sorry I posted this in Bohica. Some of you guys hate it, alright, I understand now. PMS and caps lock is not required anymore. I thought ahead, I thought some of you would care over there. I was mistaken. Go and delete it if you must.

To any and all PSU members thinking of mischeif against Bohica:
Stop it. It won't do any good, and they'll hate the name of PSU even more. It helps nothing.
Old 2004-12-30, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
DaShiznit
Major

I'll miss you guys.
Old 2004-12-30, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Dos-vi-danya

Good luck to you all, and may we see each other on the battlefield on the next big MMOFPS that comes out and grabs our attentions spans and discretionary income. My sub ends in Feb for Planetside, but I haven't been playing due to EQII. After that, it will be a month to month thing. Friend of mine is going to get WoW for me, I'll try it out and see how I like it.
Old 2004-12-30, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ViperGTS
Banned

God. Well...I respect hamma decsion and have to say good luck to him and jenny. Cya its been good. I still talk to many of you outdside via aim or other things. Hope that contonies made some great freidns here(doop) and some not so great ones(dhark). If it wernt for psu I would have never met a certin person whos names starts with a m and ends with a t who I love(sorry). Good luck guys....LUV YA!
Old 2004-12-30, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

sob

my forums are open to any and all PSU refugees, i don't want to lose touch with you guys

http://er7600.com/ctaf

time to figure out how to relocate my blog. hmm
Old 2004-12-30, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

I also have something to say, if anyone would like to keep in contact through IRC, we have setup something through gamesurge nad the channel is ps-universe. i would hate to lose contact with mnost of you guys, so if you interested, please join this channel now, or post shutdown
Old 2004-12-30, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Triggar
Contributor

Wow, I feel like my puppy died. The fact that I don't have a puppy is irrelevant. PSU is my puppy.

Hamma, I respect your decision, not to mention the incredible amount of time, money and sweet sweet lovin' that you gave to the site. The time, money and sweet sweet lovin' that built up this hell of a community. You should be incredibly proud of the brotherhood that you've built with your own hands - the relationships developed on PSU have proven to be the sort that translates into real life bonds.

As far as PSU:MB is concerned, I wouldn't dream of dissolving the legacy of PSU, so it shall go on (if Hamma says it's okay - it is, afterall, done in honor of both he and his hard work). Martyr and I will work to build forums dedicated to updates, a website devoted to information, and a registration page.

Due to the fact that PSU is closing, I'll go out on a huge limb and make two statements about the Mobilization:

1) It will no longer be called "Planetside Universe: Mobilization". I personally don't think the game Planetside will be around for as long as I plan on doing the annual Mobilizations, so I'm taking suggestions for the new name. I'd like to honor the original site that we all met on, as well as the incredible bonds that we all have with eachother. I'm going to ditch the "Alpha", "Bravo" etc. naming system because what do we name this next year's? We can't very well call it "Alpha", so I'm going to just be Leet and call it "Mobilization 2005" or "Mobilization 2k5". Please send me a PM or an email at [email protected] if you have any suggestions for the new name, or if you would like to be put on a "mailing list" for Mobilization updates.

2) I'm going to put my own butt on the line here and say that Martyr and I will have a registration page built on Martyr's site, www.er7600.com, by March 1st. At this time, I have no final itinerary or cost breakdown. The only information that Martyr and I have set for the Mobilization is that it will be between July 15th and 18th of 2005, the name of the hotel, and the fact that we'll be having dinner at Hard Rock that Sunday night. Forgive me for not having more - a lot of things I need to work out won't reserve space or set menu's or any of that good stuff until closer to the date.

So, Hamma, well done with everything. I think I speak for a lot of people around here when I say that we appreciate every second that you have given to the site and that the impact of your decision to open this site in the first place will live on through us all and we hope that you will headline our Mobilizations for years to come!
Old 2004-12-30, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Everay
Major General

Originally Posted by OfaLoaf
Look, I'm sorry I posted this in Bohica. Some of you guys hate it, alright, I understand now. PMS and caps lock is not required anymore. I thought ahead, I thought some of you would care over there. I was mistaken. Go and delete it if you must.

To any and all PSU members thinking of mischeif against Bohica:
Stop it. It won't do any good, and they'll hate the name of PSU even more. It helps nothing.

you dont get bohica at all man.

well hamma, it was a good run. you have gone where few dare to dream.
Old 2004-12-30, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Smaug
Lieutenant Colonel

I can't say I blame you. The petty fights and flames have gotten out of hand, and it was time for it to end. Thanks for a place to just hang out over the past year or so.
Old 2004-12-30, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

You had a good run, PSU, it's unfortunate that you had to leave under such terms.

Old 2004-12-30, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
OneManArmy
Contributor
Lieutenant General

'tis a sad day indeed. many a good friend have been met through this site. many a good time have been had through this site. This place will be missed very much and I applaud hamma for all his hard work over the years.

much for hamma, jenny, martyr, triggar, all the mods, everyone who contributed in some way, all the people who worked behind the scenes...

Old 2004-12-30, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I'm realy sorry to see you go, PS(U) was my introduction to the whole of the internet, my first comunity, and i've made a alot of friends.

I just hope that I can find a replacment for PSU someday but it's going to be hard.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-12-30, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zodiac
Colonel

Originally Posted by Everay
you dont get bohica at all man.
He dosn't have a clue does he?

-------------
Well, the community had a good run and I was sad to see it go down hill and I am even sadder to see it close. I owe both Hamma and PSU alot for many good times and good laughs and for bringing me together with many of my friends here and at BOHICA.

Hamma, I wish you (and Jennyboo) all the best in whatever awaits you. Thanks for all your hard work over the years.

- zod
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge