Spawn Camping problem, Spawn room cams idea - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't Lash me, Bro.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-22, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
ZaBa
Corporal

Re: Spawn Camping problem, Spawn room cams idea

yell/Spawn tubes are camped!

how easy was that
Old 2012-07-22, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Kriegson
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
But if we really want to eliminate the possibility of spawn camping no matter how ineffective a tactic it may be, why mess around with turrets and pain fields and weak shit like that? Only freshly spawned troops are meant to be in the spawn room, so why not have any enemies just be insta-killed when the room flips? Think of it like a pain field turned up to 11.
I don't think we should replace instant death upon spawn due to campers with instant death upon flip due to capture.

Pain field should be enough imo.

In my experience, people saying things like "I like spawn camping!" are usually selfish or ignorant in that they enjoy the idea of doing it to others, but never consider what it's like to be on the reciving end. Or they simply blow it off with "Eh it doesn't bother me" until it actually happens. At which point they will likely be at the very least "agitated". More likely pissed off.

Fact is (outside of masochists) no one likes to die neigh instantly with no way to defend themselves. It's just not fun.
Old 2012-07-22, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm not to worried about spawn camping. You should already know that if you are going to spawn up front right next to where the fight is going on you run the risk of this happening. Pay attention to the map and always plan on coming into a hot SA even if there isn't one. Worst case scenario you have to run over to the terminal and change load outs.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2012-07-22 at 02:40 PM.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

Camping spawns is a valid tactic for shutting down an enemy in a base and making it an easier capture. It shouldn't necessarily be so easy its always the first objective in a base assault but it definitely should be an option for those that are more organized and coordinated as you need to play "dirty" like that when your a limited number of people trying to fight a whole empire.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Phisionary
Corporal

Camping a spawn room might be acceptable to some degree, but there should be very little opportunity to actually put bullets into the spawn area itself. There are very few things I find as frustrating as dying within 5 seconds of spawning and not being able to do anything about it. Special circumstances like base capture aside, you should have a safe zone around the spawn point itself at the very least. However, being besieged inside that zone isn't necessarily bad unless it stays that way for too long. That can be an occasionally frustrating but still enjoyable part of games, the TF map dustbowl for instance.

I think it would still be good addition to have some form of an indicator if a spawn room had hosties in it. Maybe not cams, but motion detectors or something. Also consider that if an enemy force has captured a spawn area in a base you own (I think this is possible?), you may be trying to camp that spawn to keep them from flooding in and overwhelming the base. Too protected a spawn point might make that kind of an attack easier.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion