What do 'you' play? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Rank doesn't matter!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-05-07, 07:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: What do 'you' play?

Mostly medic, but I play anything and I love my Vanguard. I'm just as good flying my reaver as I was in PS1.

Old 2013-05-07, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

I don't think I have one Particular play style, I tend to hop between classes depending on what is needed/best suited for the situation I'm in at the time.

That said I'm most often going towards the following
-Engineeer/LA for CQC. This is my more common loadout, using shotguns and explosives. I use this usually when I am in lead, so I have the enhanced mobility to place beacons
-HA/Medic with accuracy loadout (Foregrip/compensator/laser) for base assault/defense. I rarely use Rocket Launchers anymore, I more use the HA for it's weapons, and mostly for when I am part of a group rushing a base, so I have the HP, the shield, and the longer range weapon to get where I need to go. Or pull a medic if it is a proper meatgrinder so I can keep people up. Not to mention that using the medic you get those awesome medic guns.
-Max Dual Burster/1 Mutilator+1 Mercy. The mutilator/mercy combo I use for supression and base defense 9/10, same with Dual bursters.
-Infiltrator for base assault. Usually I use the sniper rifle and sit up on a hill behind enemy lines picking off anyone silly enough to stand still long enough for me to get the shot. I don't use it often, but sometimes I also get in close with the SMG, using cloak to get in near someone to assassinate them.

In terms of Vehicles:

1.) Air: ESFs most of the time outfitted Just for AG. I don't waste time on Dog fighting, and usually just use my ESF for supression.

2.) Ground: MBT. I love my prowler, and typically run it when we have an armor column going.

3.) Transport: Harasser. Holy crap I love this vehicle. I enjoy gunning and driving in it. Really just try to find excuses to pull it.
Old 2013-05-07, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
snafus
Sergeant Major

Have to say I really never want to do anything but play my ESF. Hell I don't think you will catch me on the ground much unless I'm repairing or feel like pulling a jihadi run on a sundy.

Old 2013-05-08, 12:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by snafus View Post
Have to say I really never want to do anything but play my ESF. Hell I don't think you will catch me on the ground much unless I'm repairing or feel like pulling a jihadi run on a sundy.
This much I am well aware of Snafu, couple of guys in my outfit like to hunt you down if they can. Not many pilots will put up a good fight when you catch them slipping, looks like you're one of those pilots though. :P
Old 2013-05-08, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

In terms of infantry:

1.) Support - A: Medic (NS11A - 44 mag)
In terms of Vehicles:

1.) Air- ESF (Vortek Rotary - AB fuel tanks)

Wile I know medic is more of a support roll, I tend to play "kill all the things" as a medic... you just have to aim for the head when fighting HAs and their shields wile using your self heal ability (f) to act as a shield of your own.

I don't know why I do not see more medics using F the same way HA's use their over shield, it lets me end an engaugment one of to ways, Dead or Full HP (no shield).
Old 2013-05-08, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by SolLeks View Post
I don't know why I do not see more medics using F the same way HA's use their over shield, it lets me end an engaugment one of to ways, Dead or Full HP (no shield).
I've gotten so used to it that I will often press F as i enter combat... even as Engineer or LA!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)