GU06 - more reason to capture continents! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dam It feels good to be a gangsta
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-04-02, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Timealude
Captain

Re: GU06 - more reason to capture continents!

This stuff can also help with the whole 'grinding' feeling that most people complain about in this game...just saying...
Old 2013-04-02, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Kiten
Private

Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
Also keep in mind that everyone participating in the alert will get an additional +20% XP bonus, too.
Which is pretty much the real bonus you get from an Alert, I would say.

Looking very much forward to the Alert system!

PS: will there anybody still claiming the game isn't allowing for fast racking up of CERTs after GU06? Even now with the vehicle CERT piñatas, the Threat system, and continental XP bonuses (especially when mounting up a nice defense ^^) I feel I'm unlocking things at a pretty nice pace; when this update hits, well, it's going to be good!

Last edited by Kiten; 2013-04-02 at 01:36 AM.
Old 2013-04-02, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
DeltaGun
Sergeant

I've always thought that every 1000 kills you should get another Auraxium medal.
Old 2013-04-02, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
elementHTTP
Sergeant

I dont know to me it feels like this

we will see when rush lanes,cont lock and player mission system comes out
Old 2013-04-02, 02:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

In the above example the reward is 3000xp, if the TR were able to rally and capture 100% of Indar before the time the Alert ends (good luck, guys!) each TR player on the server would receive 3000xp. However, if the territory control stays where it's at, VS players would get the victory and 1260xp, NC and TR players would get a consolation reward of 1050xp and 630xp respectively. Additionally, all players fighting on Indar during the course of the event will be getting a 20% xp bonus.
Here:
Originally Posted by Assist View Post
come on now, it has worked perfectly fine to even out the faction balance on continents! Everytime I see Amerish at 4% VS Pop I always want to rush right over and gain that extra 17 xp!
I mean 3000XP for Indar capture in UNDER 2 HOURS? Cmon.

I also love how there are no details on how the system works, only what it provides... Because as it stands right now I see the Alerts as just another broken tool that will, by the end of the day, cause continent ghosts.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-04-02 at 02:15 AM.
Old 2013-04-02, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Thought about it abit more and I can see this being potentially abused in a similar way that "alarm clock ops" are structured. Outfit faction co-operations empty the server en masse with "spotters" left in game, alerts are triggered and then there's an influx of numbers to the alert area; ghost cap and zerg walks over everything; boom thank you very much.

Unless of course the alerts are structured to turn off before the timer runs down based on server population? I think that the xp might have been set purposefully low with this potential situation in mind as the "is it worth it?" comes into play with so little xp.

Edit: I'm not saying that this will happen, nor are alarm clock ops an abuse in themselves but if a system has the potential for abuse then a few will.

Last edited by Carbon Copied; 2013-04-02 at 04:42 AM.
Old 2013-04-02, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rolfski
Major

This game was in dare need of secondary objectives, so this is a step in the right direction.

I'm still wary about the ribbon idea though. This idea was voted down on the road map because of the danger for promoting/rewarding the wrong kind of gameplay, like you see in CoD/BF3 were people don't play the objective but go after these rewards instead.
So I'm very curious how they will execute ribbon play in this game.
Old 2013-04-02, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ironside
Corporal

just gimmicks, had they taken time to get this game right before rushing to release we'd have 5-6 conts, cont locks, sancs and flowing battles then there would be no need for objectives and ribbons, planethigby isn't a good place to be
Fix the bugs that have been around for ever while your messing about with ribbons
Old 2013-04-02, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Qwan
Captain

I like it all, I cant wait till this update is added.
Old 2013-04-02, 06:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
psijaka
Contributor
Major

I can see the continental objective alert working well on Amerish and Esamir, but conquering all of Indar? Hmmm.

I do like the concept of adding dynamic objectives though; especially when other alert objectives are introduced. A good step forward.
Old 2013-04-02, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

3000 might be a great capture bonus for Amerish if its just a long ghost cap with minimal resistance. To cap Indar and the intense fighting involved there the cap bonus needs to go way up. Im thinking minimum 10,000 xp for a indar cap.
Edit*. I guess what Im proposing is a scalable xp bonus depending on population ballance.

Last edited by Sledgecrushr; 2013-04-02 at 06:29 AM.
Old 2013-04-02, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
PredatorFour
Major

Is this the fabled meta game solution that everyone got their knickers in a twist about ????

Any as cynical as i am of this, the only good thing to me is the 20 % xp bonus. If you couple that with a low vs pop on esamir/amerish it could potentially rise to 30%..possibly 40 % and beyond !
Old 2013-04-02, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Is this the fabled meta game solution that everyone got their knickers in a twist about ????

Any as cynical as i am of this, the only good thing to me is the 20 % xp bonus. If you couple that with a low vs pop on esamir/amerish it could potentially rise to 30%..possibly 40 % and beyond !
Lol youre right, this isnt meta game. To me this is just little fun sideshow action. Im pretty happy with the looks of it.
Old 2013-04-02, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Maidere
Sergeant

Sounds like a semi-decent band aid to me.
Old 2013-04-02, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zakuak
Private

Sounds cool but I'm a little put off by the fact the Alert system wont be used at peak times. It sounded to me like a cool incentive only to read on and see it will be used off peak times.

Overall, More stuff to sift through is cool IMO.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion