Trailer 1 of 3? More to follow? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Community even Lassie would join!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-28, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
RageMasterUK
Corporal

Re: Trailer 1 of 3? More to follow?

Geez nice find Chris. No longer speculation. Need to edit the title of the thread, take the question mark off of the end of it. =D

So since she's asking for ideas on the next cinematic, I thought I'd start laying them down right now.

I think they should continue the story of this battle and pick up where they left off from the last cinematic, with the VS attack wave starting.

Last one managed managed to get Light Assault and Gal transportation theme in one cinematic. Next one should be VS Infiltrators attacking the Heavy Assaults at the same base showing some squadbased communicative Infil strategies to show the communication and teamwork element of the game, perhaps featuring a little bit of Scythe on Reaver dogfighting action to get the air-combat represented.

Third trailer should have TR and feature Heavy-Assault MCG etc, Tank/Anti Tank action. Lay the MAX footage on thick here plz. This trailer should culminate in a clear depiction of the war as an equal struggle between all three empires.

The final cut of all trailers you do should be of the original NC trooper from the current trailer respawning, or clearly rejoining the fight. There is a high demand to see that in the first trailer, but I think thats largely down to people who think there will only be one trailer.

-RageMasterUK

Last edited by RageMasterUK; 2012-07-28 at 10:00 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Arcsilver
Private

Isnt there supposed to be 1 trailer for gamescom and 1 trailer for release? Or did gamescom already happen?

Wasn't the last one for Chinajoy?
Old 2012-07-29, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
Yeah. They aren't going to stop with just one trailer.
I'm willing to bet it'll just be a gameplay trailer -- not the uber CGI kind.
Old 2012-07-29, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Chrispin
Corporal

If they do another gameplay trailer I hope they use footage from an actual battle because people standing stationary or slowly advancing and shooting out in the open is not very interesting. It looks corny to newcomers for sure.
Old 2012-07-29, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
aleksandrgrc
Corporal

i would like a mid dog fight fly over down a long battle line somewhere. i agree with showcasing the mcg a little and i would also like to see the scythe on account of its unique handling , i figure that would draw crowds.
Old 2012-07-29, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by RageMasterUK View Post
I think they should continue the story of this battle and pick up where they left off from the last cinematic, with the VS attack wave starting.

Last one managed managed to get Light Assault and Gal transportation theme in one cinematic. Next one should be VS Infiltrators attacking the Heavy Assaults at the same base showing some squadbased communicative Infil strategies to show the communication and teamwork element of the game, perhaps featuring a little bit of Scythe on Reaver dogfighting action to get the air-combat represented.

Third trailer should have TR and feature Heavy-Assault MCG etc, Tank/Anti Tank action. Lay the MAX footage on thick here plz. This trailer should culminate in a clear depiction of the war as an equal struggle between all three empires.

The final cut of all trailers you do should be of the original NC trooper from the current trailer respawning, or clearly rejoining the fight. There is a high demand to see that in the first trailer, but I think thats largely down to people who think there will only be one trailer.

-RageMasterUK
I would feel magnitudes less disappointed in the trailer if this were to happen...
Old 2012-07-29, 01:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vanath
Corporal

If they are intending to have three CGI trailers then I would think they would need to have started on the next two before now. I've heard it said multiple times that the first one was a lot of work.

That tweet seems to imply they haven't which makes me doubt 2 more CGI trailers.

Last edited by Vanath; 2012-07-29 at 01:44 AM.
Old 2012-07-29, 02:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
The next trailer will show the VS invasion force coming in and kicking the NC drop podders asses, but have the TR come in at the end and make fools of us. Then the final trailer will be the TR decimating the VS forces, with the same NC guy from the first video respawning in and starting to own the TR all over again.

It's the ciiir-cle of liiiiiife...
This would be so cool.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-07-29, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Envenom
Sergeant Major

keep dreaming hotshot
Old 2012-07-29, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Kur
Corporal

I asked TRay on twitter before I knew about this thread and he said to me:

"when the game is extremely successful like I know it will be...I am sure we will make more trailers"
Old 2012-07-29, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
The next trailer will show the VS invasion force coming in and kicking the NC drop podders asses, but have the TR come in at the end and make fools of us. Then the final trailer will be the TR decimating the VS forces, with the same NC guy from the first video respawning in and starting to own the TR all over again.

It's the ciiir-cle of liiiiiife...
So true.

So, what should the VS trailer capitalize on? I think the VS trailer should show:

- A little more Infiltrator action.
- Magrider action.
- Engineer Action

I think the TR trailer should show:
- A MAX Crash
- A Medic
- A Liberator
Old 2012-07-29, 05:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
BlueSkies
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chrispin View Post
Has anyone seen this?

"Trying to decide content of next @planetside2 trailer for debut at Gamescom. Thoughts? Wants? Desires?"
~Laura Sturr, Head of marketing and sales for SOE

This was tweeted after the CGI trailer was released.

Source: https://twitter.com/navsturr/status/228690494799089665
Yeah I saw it. I also saw the word "trailer", not CGI cinematic.

Asking for content help means it isn't done. I imagine it would take Blur more than 2ish weeks to put together another cinematic.
Old 2012-07-29, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

Last trailer is when VS dominate and the other 2 factions focus on VS and bring them down.
Old 2012-07-29, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
bjorntju1
Captain

I am 1000% sure that there are going to be more trailers. Would be weird if this was the last trailer of the game . But more CGI trailers? No, those things are REALLY expensive to make. I think Tray or anonther dev on twitter said that they wanted to make the trailer longer, but when they saw the price it would cost, they just got the trailer we have now.
Old 2012-07-29, 07:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Gugabalog
Major

I'd go the Valve route and hype trailers coming out as much as possible, like the the "Meet The..." series.g
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion