Command chat, and why it really needs to be changed. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Rejected your quote.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-12, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Cyridius
Private

Re: Command chat, and why it really needs to be changed.

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Yeah actually, it would have. I didn't even realize it was BuzzcutPsycho until the recorder said who it was. That's kind of my point, it's irrelevant who it is. Just because he thinks he is some big shot doesn't matter. He's just another whiny scrub who should be treated like the child that he's acting like. Put the big baby in a virtual time-out. Should of been banned before for using the c4 crash exploit and admitting to it as well. Goes to show that SOE really doesn't have the nuts they say, explains why there are still hackers in the game today as well. SOE is just proving they don't have a backbone.

I think it's pathetic that people join an outfit that's lead by this guy. Anyone who gets this mad over the game like that can't be fun to play with.
Hahahaha get more mad please.
Old 2013-01-12, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Drakkonan
Corporal

Part of me thinks it's a joke, or he had too much to drink. I've heard he was an ass, but watched a few streams and didn't see it. It was just too over the top to be genuine.
Old 2013-01-12, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Oryon22
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cyridius View Post
Hahahaha it was brilliant listening to this in Buzz's squad.

2 platoons of us only head off the entire Vanu for hours so you guys couldn't cap uncontested territory.

I agree, command chat needs to be changed so incompetents don't have access to it. Then people who matter can actually do something.
Nutswinger

Old 2013-01-13, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
Buzz is not a super hero or super villain. He is just a stand up guy, who says
what is on his mind, then listens to the unfiltered mess that is on your mind.
*singsong voice* Bad bad bad. Baaaad. You guys are baaaaaad bad bad baaaaad BAAAAAD. You guys are so so baaaaaaad. Bad baaaaad baaaaaaaaad.

What a stand-up guy.
Old 2013-01-13, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Drakkonan
Corporal

Bad trolls and easy troll fodder. You should all be ashamed.
Old 2013-01-13, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

I think he was being serious in the beginning but then realized he was being an asshole so sort of tried to turn into a joke/troll attempt. I've watched Buzz's stream before and that was really out of character for him. Yeah, he screams a bunch and yells at people but people expect that. It's entertaining for his viewers and his outfit members like that kind of stuff. That's why they join, for a strict leader who will lead them into battle. But again, out of character for him to do that on command chat directed at people who are not in his outfit.

I really doubt he expected to get so much publicity out of this. A lot of people are trying to get him banned. Smedly already gave him a personal warning. Higby knows about it. Kind of sad really.

Last edited by CrazEpharmacist; 2013-01-13 at 02:15 AM.
Old 2013-01-13, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Put the big baby in a virtual time-out. Should of been banned before for using the c4 crash exploit and admitting to it as well.
When did he admit to using the c-4 crash exploit? Post a source or else it just isn't true.
Old 2013-01-13, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by CrazEpharmacist View Post
When did he admit to using the c-4 crash exploit? Post a source or else it just isn't true.
Some one got a bromans?
Old 2013-01-13, 04:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Towe
Private

I dont see the problem. Theres a mute option...

Originally Posted by Cyridius View Post
I agree, command chat needs to be changed so incompetents don't have access to it. Then people who matter can actually do something.
This statement seems stupid to me, sorry. But who is to judge who is competent and whos not?

Like I said above, just mute and get it over with.
Old 2013-01-13, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
gunshooter
Corporal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=untPEx9qin4

I think that says it all. Props to this guy for recording it and tossing it out there on youtube. There's people like this on every single server. I really hope they change how it works, not to mention start to take action against people like this.

It's funny too, if you watch his stream, he's easily the worst player I've seen streaming.
That's weird because he's one of the only remotely decent fps players that streams. Perhaps a most played: Engineer doesn't really have any clue of what good fps gameplay is.

Not that he isn't a horrible person but insulting his skill when he's one of the few "top" br players in this game that might actually be able to hold his own in a real fps game is a bit rich.

Last edited by gunshooter; 2013-01-13 at 04:51 AM.
Old 2013-01-13, 05:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ringring
Contributor
General

I very good reason why VIOP based command chat was and is a very bad idea.

Seriously, the old CR5 chat ha some drama and catfights going on at times but it was easy to ignore simply by looking away and the end result was that I never put anyone on ignore in all my 6 years as a cr5.

I'll never use VIOP command chat. quote, it's Baaaad, baaaaad, baaaadddd, it's all baaaaad. ;P
Old 2013-01-13, 05:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

reasons 1-8 that i think buzzcut should be fed through a saw mill feet first....is perfectly shown in that video.

we were taking the vanu archives slowly but steadily considering there were as many VS as TR and we were spawn camping them. the enclave just rolled in with extra help and get to claim they were the reason the facility was taken. anyone with 2 platoons can steamroll people. but when you actually use those smaller squads and single platoons to achieve success against larger numbrs is when you shine.
BTW AOD has nearly as many members as the enclave and work much more maturely. if you need a large more or less zerg outfit, you might as well join AOD.

complained about how my voice made me bad at leading, yet i lead tactically and he zergs place to place screaming like a child. in the time his outfit had trouble holding the VS in that warpgate which you can see the map briefly at 0:48, the VS took skydock mesa and a few of those other territories, and i led a 6 man group to try and retake the positions. we had the positions being capped until NC rolled in and forced us out. VS turtled on skydock and i watched them shoot down 10 gals flying in together. looked cool, but proved we werent getting Indar.

needless to say, buzzcut failed. he could not take the continent as he claimed the enclave could do on its own later in that rant. ended up going to another continent.

edit: for the most part, command chat isnt like that. Buzzcut usually isnt there, or chooses not to talk and the rest of the outfits actually work together. this friday and saturday being perfect examples.

Last edited by Duskguy; 2013-01-13 at 06:03 AM.
Old 2013-01-13, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

AFAIK there are no problems of such sort on the European servers...

I mean I'm pretty sure that there are "report", "mute" and "ignore" options in Europe, not sure if those are present in the American version of the game (oh, wait, we play the same version...).

The talkative person in the video has a point, actually, despite all the rudeness (and I'm not even sure he was meant to say it, but nevertheless...). What's the point of having a Squad Leader command chat when both 12-people squad and 2-people squad are still squads? Whilst the first one has no real impact on the battlefield as a standalone unit.

Solution - make Command Chat separate from squad leader chat.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-01-13 at 06:37 AM.
Old 2013-01-13, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Jader
Private

Buzz committed a much lesser harm than the people who blast electronic music over proximity chat. At least proximity chat can conceivably serve some use in the current state of the game.

If you watch the, uh, prelude (should be somewhere in the Reddit thread), you'll see that Buzzcutpsycho put in a great deal of good faith effort into coordinating with the other TR squad leaders. I think he slowly realized that these "squad leaders" can be pretty much anybody and the participating "squads," or even the outfits, can be as small as two people. Thus hardly making Command voicechat akin to PS1 CR5 chat.

The solution to whatever great harm y'all think has occurred here is not to ban or suspend Buzz, but to limit command chat to only platoon leaders with more than two full squads; or outfit leaders with more than twenty guys online.

There are funny jokes in this, particularly the giant pile of shit metaphor, but this was not a deliberate troll, a planned joke or an expression of rage, it was an impulsive--and deserving I think, mockery of the utter pretension and ridiculousness of the way the word "Command" is used in PS2.

Old 2013-01-13, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Duskguy
Staff Sergeant

@newsith, you realize a 5 man squad can do just as much as a 12 man squad in many situations right? especially when people are ignoring the side bases, as buzzcut did (the VS took side bases to avoid being warp gated).

i muted the guy. didnt even realize until watching this he had made fun of me. another reason to dislike the guy.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion