controllers for planetside 2 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because you can see the flames from orbit.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-06, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Gortha
First Sergeant

Re: controllers for planetside 2

Originally Posted by leecH View Post
thats what i am thinking too. the only real lack will be confort.

i feel like planetside2 is not comparable to quake, cs or similar oldschool esports titles. titles where everyone should agree that a mouse is the only way to play. PS2 will not be as unforgiving as those games. it wont come down to miliseconds or one single shot.

a very talented console player should have no problems playing this game on a very high level combat wise and with all due respect everyone who disagrees never played a shooter on a very high level
No.

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-08-06, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
leecH
Private

Originally Posted by Gortha View Post
No.
bananasex.. i guess this makes my argument invalid even though im right.
Old 2012-08-06, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gortha
First Sergeant

Doesn´t matter which Ego-Shooter. Tactical kind of, speedy kind of, mouse and Keayboard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> All.

Controllers most kids know from Consoles are good for Jump-And-Run´s and Sportgames etc. That´s it.

But i know there are really a bunch of peeps in the world who started ego-shooting on ps3 or xbox i.e. with "Call of Spraying".
As they met shooters first in their lifes on those kiddosoles and played them with a controller while PWNing other consoleheroes, they really think controllers rock in those kind of games. They also think they really, yesss, really really rock the shit.

Well, in times of Galileo Galilei peeps where thinking the sun circles around the earth and not otherwise. Untill they learned the truth...

http://z0r.de/1573
Old 2012-08-06, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
opticalshadow
First Sergeant

theres already a thread on this, but incase you missed it

it wasnt said specifically if it was in teh current build, but the use of joysticks and other analog controllers will be supported.

OpticalShadow - Terran Republic Stabasaurus-Rex
Old 2012-08-06, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by mr sandman View Post
Can you use gaming controllers for planetside 2?
This is a PC game you can use what ever you want. If you want to use a drawing pen like this one to control the game you can program the PC to do it.

Now I would never recommend anyone to use this for a FPS game.

However having a controller hocked up that you can quickly change between it and a keyboard + mouse can be a good idea though. The controller can be a better tool to use for air combat. But keyboard + mouse is superior in land combat.
Old 2012-08-06, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
kidwithstick
Corporal

Originally Posted by mr sandman View Post
Can you use gaming controllers for planetside 2?
Why would you want to?

go play xbox
Old 2012-08-06, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SkarBlade
Private

Originally Posted by kidwithstick View Post
Why would you want to?

go play xbox
It's called preference.
Old 2012-08-06, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
mr sandman
Private

well this thread flamed up fast. all i did was ask a question on weather or not i can (not should) use a gaming controller. why do you care what i use, everybody has there own opinion don't try and change others.
Old 2012-08-06, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Talented Maori
Corporal

Well said Hebrew!! I too have a couply bro's that have farked hands, to use K+M causes pain but they are true to the gaming culture so they have to use alternative controllers, why is it so hard to accept that not everyone can use K+M? You guys with capable hands on your K+M need to realise there are people out there that can't use these things because of physical restrictions!
Old 2012-08-07, 03:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
IAMDANIEL
Private

i have a freind that has 1 hand and plays fps on the pc with keyboard and mouse. he has one hand on the mouse and one foot on the keyboard. hes ripped all the buttons out of the keyboard he didnt need and custom bound everything to his likeing. its impressive and inspirational.
Old 2012-08-07, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
kuukl
Private

Console FPS games have aim assist whereas PC ones don't. Anyone trying to play infantry on a controller is going to have a bad time.
Old 2012-08-07, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
fb III IX ca IV
Corporal

Is it possible to keep a controller plugged in for the vehicles but still use a keyboard and mouse for infantry?
Old 2012-08-07, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Envenom
Sergeant Major

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...hlight=gamepad

Last edited by Envenom; 2012-08-07 at 10:45 AM.
Old 2012-08-07, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Tuoweit
Private

For those carpal tunnel sufferers... I used to get pains in my hands (sometimes my keyboard hand, sometimes my mouse hand) during/after gaming sessions, until I moved my keyboard and mouse down, a few years back. Now I keep my keyboard on my lap, and have my mouse at around elbow height on a small side table. No more pain, unless I play like 12 hours straight or something equally ridiculous I shouldn't be doing anyways
Old 2012-12-25, 02:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SnowieOwl
Private

One mention of the Nostromo or similar? I find it funny how it seems like it's M/K or gamepad are the only options in so many PC gamers' minds. Buy a mouse? Why don't they buy actual gaming equipment instead of the desktop tools they had lying around their computer? ;P The mouse is great for many things, including most gaming. The keyboard has a lot of keys but WASD is an awful kludge. Want to move to something somewhere between 0 and 45 degrees ahead of you? Compensate with the mouse until you are looking directly at it and then directly move forward. It's something you do without thinking about it but it's still limiting to have to use the mouse as a crutch to control aim AND movement.

It might not mean that big of a difference in a FPS but then again, neither do fancy graphics. It's simply more enjoyable. Eight-direction, one-speed-fits-all WASD is unacceptably jerky for any game made since DOOM. So far, the G13 is the only real alternative I've seen that offers analog movement and ample buttons. If I'm playing a game that does not require too many buttons, I'll use an XBox 360 controller in my left hand and a mouse (with a few extra buttons) in the other. With analog movement and mouse aim, I don't even (necessarily) need to switch between controllers when moving from FPS to flight and back. It's a shame all games don't support this because so many PC players don't realize what they're missing by never trying analog movement and mouse together.

Last edited by SnowieOwl; 2012-12-25 at 04:47 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion