What to play with 56k? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where no fan has gone before
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-10, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sputty
Banned

A good game to paly with 56K is Diablo 2.
Old 2003-12-10, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

you wanna know what you can play?

minesweeper.

get DSL.

who uses 56k nowadays?!
Old 2003-12-10, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
scanda
Private

2 years ago I played WW2 online ok with a 56k connecion, try that.

www.wwiionline.com
Old 2003-12-10, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Red October
Second Lieutenant

who uses 56k nowadays?!

Anyone who lives in a rural area and the !@#$'n Phone Company has not installed it yet!

Anyone who lives in a rural area and the !@#$'n Cable company does not have Broadband installed to that area (and probally won't...Chapter 11).

And of course the !@#$'n Sattlite companies think you are willing to pay $100 bucks a month for the service
Old 2003-12-10, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Blacktea
Private

reminds me of my situation
Old 2003-12-11, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

i repeat. get DSL. it runs through your phone line, and uses slitters. you can still recive phone calls. i called bell south, they hooked be up.
Old 2003-12-11, 09:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Ed, DSL isn't available everywhere. As a matter of fact, where I live I was able to get cable but DSL wasn't an option. Believe it or not, there are plenty of places where neither is an option and satellite isn't an option for gaming because there is a delay. Works great for calling up web pages, it's suicide trying to play a game that way.
Old 2003-12-11, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Jagd
Major

I thought DSL only works if you are withing 2 miles of a central switching station, ergo city folk can get it, country folk cannot.
Old 2003-12-11, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Jagd
I thought DSL only works if you are withing 2 miles of a central switching station, ergo city folk can get it, country folk cannot.
Yep, and I'm even in a suburb of a large city and don't have the option. High speed is less available than a lot of people think.
Old 2003-12-11, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Blacktea
Private

hey madcow, if you play madcowsniper, ur actually awersome sniper and have slow connection i have seen u a few times with my ladymercedes
with connection, i live 500 metres outside adsl reach
Old 2003-12-11, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Madcowsniper is not me, sorry. Haven't even seem them, actually. My Madcow character would be Madcow-J now although I haven't logged him on since the patch.
Old 2003-12-11, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Arthell
Master Sergeant

I had the same problems Vimp described, and im also on cable. One of the reasons i cancelled, couldnt stand it turning into a slideshow whenever i got near a large battle.

And i was a Gal pilot, so that didnt work out too well.
Old 2003-12-11, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

As I been playin since the beginning with 56k and still am, heres what I got to say.

Snipe.

Stay far away on any hill with a vehicle near by-better if its a lightning, mosquito, or reaver. I sugjest to use agile armor instead of reinforced and just keep spare ammo in the trunk of your vehicle. If they see you and engage you, just get into your vehicle and run. If you got what i listed above, fight back.

Cloaker

Go before the action, have combat engineering and adv hacking. Sabotage anything and everything. If they have modules in their base, leave them untill you have backup. Keep them buisy untill lag starts to grow. If you have spare ACEs, mine the outside. If lag hits your hard, walk it off.

Scout.

Simple, walk the outside shoot at anything, go on a deathmatch. Kill people with modules, annoy convoys. Do what a mosquito would do (I dont nessesarly mean shoot them).

Grunt

AV or AA MAX outside, all the time-if you can stand some lag.

If your in a small squad away from zergs and just going to places where the battles are small. You could/should just get MAXs. Anti Infantry and hog the CC. If your TR, then this will be hella fun.

If your squad wants bep pranto, stay within the SOI and do nothing, or say fuck you and leave them.

Sadly, this game sux on 56k. And i cant get anything but satilite which cost too much on this mountain.

And it takes from 20 minutes, to an hour, to a nite for a patch to load. Really sux. And it'll take too long for the test server to d/l.

But I got aol and 56k....so dont start crying that your net is slow.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion