MAXs are the DEVIL - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Free? Sweet Deal.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-10, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Heckler01
Private

Originally Posted by dscytherulez
everyone and their dead grandmother has a deci on them >_<
Now with Uni-Max it seems everyone and their "dead grandmother" has a MAX I can't carry enough Decimators on my loadouts...
Old 2003-12-10, 06:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Jagd
Major

You can never have enough decimators in your kit. Even with Rexo you can still only carry 5.
Old 2003-12-10, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Jagd thats just sick, *hides his MAXs from you* Ive been a MAX for 3 months and what your experienceing is common in planetside and its called sometimes your just plain unlucky and get "fucked over"

P.S: Jagd press 4 next time :P
Old 2003-12-10, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jagd
Major

LOL! I wish... But yeah, I don't use Rexo anymore cause I need to be able to hop into an aircraft without having to plan my loadout ahead of time, so now all I have are 2 decimators in the backpack, and an MCG in slot 2. Basically if I run into your MAX, you need to kill me before I can do a 180 and surge back around the corner. Once I pop out again, you'll be swallowing a mouthful of shattered teeth and decimator shrapnel.

Old 2003-12-10, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Old 2003-12-11, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

awwwwwwww, does the "l337 massa" have trouble with his artillery? well, sounds to me like you need to 86 your bavado and learn to run the feck away. this ain't quake3 arena.
Old 2003-12-11, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Ed the MAD
awwwwwwww, does the "l337 massa" have trouble with his artillery? well, sounds to me like you need to 86 your bavado and learn to run the feck away. this ain't quake3 arena.
wtf?
Old 2003-12-11, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ed the MAD
Sergeant

what can i say? i feel like being a dick right now.
Old 2003-12-11, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Jagd
Major

Yeah, but who are you being a dick to? I think that's why he was confused...
Old 2003-12-11, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
l337master
Private

Originally Posted by Ed the MAD
this ain't quake3 arena.
Tell me about it. There everyone starts on a level playing feild.
Old 2003-12-11, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Try geting in a squad with a couple other MAXes, and don't choose the MAX to kill what just killed you, unless they are camping.
Old 2003-12-12, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Fenrys
Major

When you are both supprised to see eachother, I've found that a Rocklet works better against MAX's than a slow firing Deci - and its decent against infantry as well. I cary one as #2 and a Deci as #4 - if the 6 RPG's don't kill it, instead of reloading I just pull out the biggun to finish the job.

Its all about splash damage - if you don't hit 'em dead on with your first Deci shot, most of the time you're toast (with minimal damage done to the MAX). With the multiple explosions of a Rocklet, at least you've hurt them so the rest of your team has an easier time of it.
Old 2003-12-12, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Decis dont have to hit anywhere near a MAX do do almost full damage tho. That is why MAXs are so easily owned. In my experience the VS MAXs are the only MAXs worth playing right now and that is because they can jumpjet long enough to either escape or fire from the air killing the Deci user before they come back to the ground. They are the only ones that can mitigate some of the overpowered nature of the Deci against MAXs. NC and TR MAXs just get owned like an infiltrator that forgets to cloak. It really isnt even funny.
Old 2003-12-12, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I've been playing the VS MAXs pretty heavily lately and I love them. Tried the TR MAXs last night and man did I miss my jump jets. It's very hard to play aggressively with the TR and NC MAXs with everyone packing Decis or AV weaponry. Like Queensidecastle said, at least the VS have a chance of jumping out of the way. Out in the open TR and NC just can't get away from Reavers and Tanks fast enough. I'd actually be willing to allow the TR and NC to get a slight armor boost to their MAXs over my lovely VS. I don't think it would really help much, but it might be worth a try on the test server to see what happens.

Even if TR and NC had slightly more armor I'd still think the VS MAX have the advantage. I've found the VS MAXs greater maneuverability easily allow it to come out on top in most 1v1 MAX duels. You can autorun or jump jet right up next to a guys flank or rear and circle strafe him to death while he tries in vain to turn with you.

Over all I think the VS MAXs are very well balanced and worth every cert point. The NC and TR could use a slight tweaking. My recommendations are:

TR

Pounder and Burster - up the armor slightly, weapons are great as is.
Dual Cycler- up the armor, weapon should do slightly more damage against vehicles, it's fine as is against infantry.

NC
All NC MAXs should get a slight armor boost and their shield should like wise get cranked up a notch. In my opinion their weaponry is fine as is.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion