Jammer Missiles - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Were Hamma sees all...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-10, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

if by jam u ment make vehicles and turrets and door locks and generators (ok im pushin it) unoperatable for a certain period of time then hell yea i'd spend that cert... but if it could reak that much havock id say up the price... could u imagine a fleet of reavers droppin those things all over a cont.
Old 2003-12-10, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

I just want patriot missles in planetside , player controlled of course

As for the jamming idea yea it would be great, and also make it to where they couldnt eject but at the same time AA Maxs couldnt get a lock in it. Just to make it balanced
Old 2003-12-10, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
TeraHertz
Major

I like the idea of a jammer rocket, but I disagree with the flare idea for reavers and mosquitos. If you're getting owned by 5 AA maxs, then the games working properly. They are DESIGNED to take you out.
Liberators, and possibly Lobsters, could use it though.

How would the emp rocket work? Would it be a seperate weapon, or an ammo type for AV? If its to be an ammo type, where does that leave the lancer...
Old 2003-12-11, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Vanu = ion charges?

Jammers do work on tanks, it seems - my Vanguard got jammered yesterday, rendering the gun useless. I think the EMP blast works on aircraft, as well.
Old 2003-12-11, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Chaaos
Master Sergeant

It would be cool if a Jammer acted the same way as a small EMP... if it went off near an air type vehicle and it goes crashing to the ground because its instruments go all wonky.

Air to air type lock on missiles i wouldnt agree with though.. it would take all the full out of dog fights. You would just lock on and boom they are dead. Unlike now its a dance of death to see who can out maneuver each other with guns or who lands a good shot with missiles to see who wins.

Misquotes would be at a huge disadvantage VS reavers. Reaver would come up and lock on then boom no more misquotes instead of the manuverability advantage that the mosquotes possess.

BTW. if this makes no sense.. its because ive been drinking.
Old 2003-12-11, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by JetRaiden
I remember a jammer could originally make a aircraft (like a reaver or mosquito) go out of control if hit proberly. but that was back in beta. I liked it though, gave more use for them, I always have a couple of them in my inventory since jackhammer ammo and engi/medic gear dont fit so well together,
Shit, I did that a few months back. Happened just once. Was the funniest shit I ever saw. I can see the headline, "Jammer Grenade takes out Reaver." News at 11.
Old 2003-12-11, 06:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Vis Armata
Vanu = ion charges?

Jammers do work on tanks, it seems - my Vanguard got jammered yesterday, rendering the gun useless. I think the EMP blast works on aircraft, as well.

Yes, they do. I've only ever hit two aircraft with jammer grenades. All they did was kind of spin round for a bit. It was pretty disapointing considering I was hoping they'd crash.
Old 2003-12-11, 07:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Why not go one step more, allow Liberators to load up on EMP and Jammer bombs.
Old 2003-12-11, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Duritz
Staff Sergeant

I think the revamping of jammer grenades is probably the best idea. I mean, right now they only have 2 good uses: clearing minefields and team-killing with boomers. If they were were able to say lock up the firing mechanisms or make the driver lose control of either where he/she is aiming or driving for a few seconds.

The only problem i see with disabling vehicles is that EVERYONE would carry a jammer grenade or two. Just so that they can freeze up a vehicle for a while. I guess if it had a random effect on the vehicle, it would probably be more interesting.

The flares are a good idea too, they would just have to make missles lose their lock if they're in the flares' range.

Last edited by Duritz; 2003-12-11 at 10:10 AM.
Old 2003-12-11, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Duritz
I think the revamping of jammer grenades is probably the best idea. I mean, right now they only have 2 good uses: clearing minefields and team-killing with boomers. If they were were able to say lock up the firing mechanisms or make the driver lose control of either where he/she is aiming or driving for a few seconds.
I don't know if you're not realizing that other people have already talked about this, but that's not the only use. It has been revamped and does temporarily knock out weapon's systems on vehicles now.

Now it drives me even more crazy to get shelled while I'm in my MAX when there are a bunch of friendly infantry right by me who aren't bothering to throw a stinking Jammer at the tank.
Old 2003-12-11, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Jammer Deci's is just adding more benefits and versatility to an already powerful weapon cert (SA). Reloadable deci's could be a bad idea. There's already a lot of deci users running around, so you'd have to keep their ammo supply equivalent to what it is... or you could just make pre-loaded 3-shot jammer deci's. However, I'm against adding more features to SA. Increase the Punisher's capacity (say 3-4), accuracy, and range for rocket-propelled grenades. That's a nice little buff for MA.
Old 2003-12-11, 10:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I bet all the combat engineers are crying from all these ideas.
Old 2003-12-11, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Jagd
Major

I'll wait until they actually hit the test server before getting upset.
Old 2003-12-11, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
TeraHertz
Major

People are loosing track. This idea appears to be aimed at AA from what Hamma suggested. (or is it?)
To do that it needs to lock on. A deci that locks on? Don't think so. Likewise for AV weapons. A lancer weapon that locks on will make it look totaly lame.
I'd like to see a new weapon for AV. Maybe a one or two shot lockon pulsar sized extendable tube weapon that delivers a weapons lock equivelant to that which is acheived using a jammer nade.
Old 2003-12-11, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
People are loosing track. This idea appears to be aimed at AA from what Hamma suggested. (or is it?)
To do that it needs to lock on. A deci that locks on? Don't think so. Likewise for AV weapons. A lancer weapon that locks on will make it look totaly lame.
I'd like to see a new weapon for AV. Maybe a one or two shot lockon pulsar sized extendable tube weapon that delivers a weapons lock equivelant to that which is acheived using a jammer nade.
Well then, what do you think about adding Jammer ammo type (jammer mode for Lancer) to empire-specific AV?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion