News: Ultimate Empire Showdown Update - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Answer my quotes!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-15, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rockit
Banned

Re: Ultimate Empire Showdown Update

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
We have been asked to take this down because the details are not finalized yet. I'll leave this thread up either way since it contains no information about the event other than a now broken link.
OK so it is a conversational piece for now. And thanks Adam for replying to any of this. He is a world designer and chooses to weigh in here because he sees an overall importance for the company.

I'll translate for you the vet concern... "So you turned your back on us by developing this BF3MMO and expect us to support you in this event when you chose empire leaders (excepting TB) who have never even heard of the franchise (apparently by how they play it must be so) and are what we perceive making a mockery of our game Planetside? We see this as a desperation attempt to get pops up when we told you in beta your design wouldn't work and expect us to turn the other cheek and support whomever your marketing department decides as leaders based on youtube channel followers?"

Ok now that is enough. I think I covered the jest of the feelings.
Old 2013-01-15, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rockit
Banned

Good luck guys. I got other games to play. Think I nailed it though.
Old 2013-01-15, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SixShooter
Captain

I really had no interest in this because I don't play on any of those guys servers. Now that I know that it's on my server and on my day off no less, I think I'll definitly have to join in the fun.

Old 2013-01-15, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
It was nice knowing ya.

CS will be in full force that day, so if you don't want to play planetside 2 anymore for the rest of time be my guest.

I don't understand the vet community, this event is nothing but good exposure for the game and for anybody looking to grow their outfit. All of you were once a newbie, help out the new players by embracing them instead of being upset about a PR move because it's "not how you would have done it." These new players don't deserve to be punished because they like a Youtube guy and don't know what planetside 2 is.
Well said! So many negative nancy's here. BRIT players aren't the best, but can tell they have fun which is all that matters. I never hear them being complete douches in the game either, unlike some of the 'vets'.
Old 2013-01-15, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Rockit
Banned

I tell you what I know. No matter what the circumstance vets will get behind their empires and help lead them to victory. That much I am sure of. No matter what they say, you can count on that.

Last edited by Rockit; 2013-01-15 at 06:28 PM.
Old 2013-01-15, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rockit
Banned

Don't worry about p0intman his bark is way worse than his bite. Give me a couple UMVS and DT and his ass would shut up all over the place in game.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Beerbeer
Major

"He who can vehicle camp the fastest with the mostest will win."

If this event is held on Indar, I think we know who has the advantage due to warp gate placement.

I haven't played in a while, but I'll log in to vehicle camp like crazy now that I know there will be a ton of targets.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rockit
Banned

Not sure what you mean beer but express your concerns in this thread please....

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=52055
Old 2013-01-15, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Well said! So many negative nancy's here. BRIT players aren't the best, but can tell they have fun which is all that matters. I never hear them being complete douches in the game either, unlike some of the 'vets'.
I so hate that term, just because people are realist, doesn't make them negative.
Old 2013-01-15, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

It was nice knowing ya.

CS will be in full force that day, so if you don't want to play planetside 2 anymore for the rest of time be my guest.

I don't understand the vet community, this event is nothing but good exposure for the game and for anybody looking to grow their outfit. All of you were once a newbie, help out the new players by embracing them instead of being upset about a PR move because it's "not how you would have done it." These new players don't deserve to be punished because they like a Youtube guy and don't know what planetside 2 is.
I think it is one of those "Mind says support - heart says mock" kind of deals.

It makes sense that your doing it but - but the tought of being led by some guy who barely knows the game just isnt attractive.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-01-16 at 02:24 PM.
Old 2013-01-16, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

For real now! :P

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...pdate-2931.htm

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-01-17, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
vipjerry
Private

Planetside 1 had some strange and wrong marketing ideas. This decisions later more or less ruined first part (CC, BFR-s etc...). Im just sad to see that same incompetent people continue to work for SOE marketing and making such ridiculous decisions/events.
Whole concept of this event is wrong, unimaginative, unoriginal, uncreative and uninteresting for old and for new players.
Even if i try to go deeper with this event this 3 poor twats they picked for leaders are enough for me to stop looking further. Who could they lead for real? Is SOE insane? It would be better if they hired some real actors and gave them faction uniforms.
It could be fun if they picked server wide leaders for 24 hours - some sexy lady as Vanu, some old drunk as NC and some Nazzi for TR. Just imagine this? One thing is for sure it would be interesting and it would bring new players...
Old 2013-01-17, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Black Creeper
Private

I don't understand the vet community...
I watched some SEANANNERS Planetside 2 video and he's funny. He is funny in a 'I get paid to play video games and make funny comments' somewhat juvenile way. He was obvioulsy inexperienced in the game and good natured about it. I hope he brings new players to the game.

Considering issues many vets on the board have with the current state of the game, poor developmental transparency and/or communicaiton from SOE it is easy to see that some may take it out on SENANNERS and/or this mysterious contest.

I enjoy the game and I think it's great but the overall direction seems erratic (Like making SEANANNERS the 'leader' and then looking for someone to organize NC 2 weeks before the mysterious contest that's been advertised for a month). Someone has a dream that this game will be everything to everyone but never worked through the details on how to get there. Or more likely they ran out of time and money on their way to the destination. Certainly better communication would be an easy fix for SOE but that does not seem possilbe.

I was on the server one day when it shut down for schedlued maintenance to remove the 2x XP from the Holiday. 30 minutes later there was a post in the official forum. It was not a big deal but when things like that pile up, people say nasty stuff in forums about internet video game celebreties.

BC
Old 2013-01-18, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hamma
PSU Admin

Jennyboo and I will be at this event. Hope to see many of you there!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion