Announcing the first "Community Design Meeting" with SOE Developers! Take your ideas - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What do you mean I cant kill a Tank with a Pistol?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-17, 06:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Announcing the first "Community Design Meeting" with SOE Developers! Take your id

I really love both of the suggestions posed in the video. Neutral hexes to guide the flow of combat and a better logistical system where resources are rewarded to players who are inside or just adjacent to their empire owned territory. Really brilliant ideas and easy to implement. Good work guys.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Announcing the first "Community Design Meeting" with SOE Developers! Take your id

I agree about reddit not being the kind of nice place for such competition.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Vashyo
First Sergeant

Seems like I have to make a Reddit account

The first idea is allready good one since you would finally have more focus when u aren't fighting for 5 hexes at the same time, but only problem is that the resources just don't matter to people who survive long extended times in their vehicles, which isn't that hard to pull of if u don't play like an idiot.

Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-01-17 at 07:50 AM.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rolfski
Major

Awesome idea OP! Great to see an outfit stepping up in the way we can interact with the devs.

I do have some concerns though about this becoming a popularity contest in who's best at selling an idea vs what really are the best idea's.
I suggest to take a deep dive into the forums and extract a few of the awesome ideas to improve metagame without much dev effort that have been posted in recent months.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Annnd just put up my entry.

http://dk.reddit.com/r/Planetside/co...holds_and_the/
Old 2013-01-17, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
OnyxD
Private

Here is my suggestion, sure to please the vets around here

Please upvote if you agree!

Linked continents via warpgate network
Old 2013-01-17, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Paperboy
Private

I'm sure only those that support the "This is a great game!" propaganda machine are going and will be asking irrelevant questions like "When will the first expansion come out?"
Old 2013-01-17, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sturmhardt
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by OnyxD View Post
Here is my suggestion, sure to please the vets around here

Please upvote if you agree!

Linked continents via warpgate network
Signed!
Simple, not revolutionary or new, but a proven concept that I would love to see return.
Old 2013-01-17, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sirisian
Colonel

Was busy reading all the cool suggestions and decided to make my own.

There are a lot of good ones if you view new.
Old 2013-01-18, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mietz
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by DjEclipse View Post
The world is full of ingrates.

TB did A LOT in helping bring new players into PS2. And Buzz did A LOT in keeping those new players interested in playing PS2.
Thats cool and all but that doesn't mean anything from a design perspective or policy making.

I don't even know why this is being done in the first place in this form to begin with.
I mean with the EVE Council Of Stellar Management the process of voting is standardized ingame etc. here we get a bunch of randoms that are chosen by le reddit.

???

What does this accomplish, beyond looking like a token effort of community interaction.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion