Dual Weapons - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are we done here?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the idea of dual weapons?
Hell Ya! 11 16.42%
Yes 2 2.99%
Yes but with some changes 10 14.93%
Maybe 9 13.43%
No 35 52.24%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-03-29, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by Spee
Hell, why not? VS/NC MAXeas have that extra arm, lets balance it out and stick 2x the weaponry on there! 2x starfire! 2x quasar! 2x scattercannon! Whee!
*Pictures Dual Quasar*

*Falls back in chair screaming with eyes bugged out*
Old 2004-03-29, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
EarlyDawn
Major General

Absolutely not on any rifle. I can make the leap on duel pistols if you have the m. booster implant, but over that, I'd prefer a riot shield where you could use a pistol.
Old 2004-03-29, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EarlyDawn
Absolutely not on any rifle. I can make the leap on duel pistols if you have the m. booster implant, but over that, I'd prefer a riot shield where you could use a pistol.
Realistically if the shield got support for it, you could use a rifle with it too, with the shield acting as the 2nd arm on the rifle. And move the shield with the rifle when you aim. Would make it more difficult to aim of course, slower moving aiming perhaps.
Old 2004-03-29, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma
This thread has run it's course
Old 2004-03-29, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Kikinchikin

Dual MCG's would own. It would be like the Black Knight in my story. OMGWTFPWNAGE!

In reality I don't think it would be smart, but I voted Hell ya! anyway.
Old 2004-03-29, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Doppler
Contributor
Major

See people seem to forget that twice the ammo kicked off generaly means twice the ammo that misses the target. Shoot less hit more is a damn good maxim.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-03-29, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

idea sucks like everyone has said.
Old 2004-03-29, 11:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Ive thought through this idea many times and no.
Old 2004-03-30, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
prbountyhunter
Private

Dual Jackhammers on Triple Shot mode.... sextupleshot?

~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~
Old 2004-03-30, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Ahh. i think it would be a good idea, provided it only allows the user to use two Suppressors, two Beamers, two grenades, or two TR-pistol thingys only? But not Mag Scatters because they are too powerful for their own good.

It would be fun in my opinion, people using the weapon least used, because they can use them in a interesting way.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2004-03-30 at 08:25 PM.
Old 2004-03-30, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Cryptica
First Sergeant

I'd have to go ahead and so no on the dual weapons. In concept its a great idea; however, the problems caused by having two guns would be tremendous. Think about it. 1) It would be limited to handguns, since there's no WAY a human could withstand the recoil of two Gauss/Cycler/Puslar's. 2) Like someone said before, there are enough bullets whizzing around peoples heads as it is, lets not make more. 3) It's impracticle for anyone to use it. Normal grunts will prefer single rifles/shotguns etc, and cloakers would benefit much more from dual slots with 1 gun and an REK.
Old 2004-03-30, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

get a terran max suit.

oh, and it's obvious you've never heald a rifle not to mention shoot. it is impossible to aim with one hand when you're using a rifle, your hands will get torn right off.
Old 2004-03-30, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
leased
*least*

I voted no for this idea because i hate it. Sorry.

Old 2004-03-30, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Cryptica
I'd have to go ahead and so no on the dual weapons. In concept its a great idea; however, the problems caused by having two guns would be tremendous. Think about it. 1) It would be limited to handguns, since there's no WAY a human could withstand the recoil of two Gauss/Cycler/Puslar's. 2) Like someone said before, there are enough bullets whizzing around peoples heads as it is, lets not make more. 3) It's impracticle for anyone to use it. Normal grunts will prefer single rifles/shotguns etc, and cloakers would benefit much more from dual slots with 1 gun and an REK.
I agree with Cryptica's assessment. It's a cool idea but would cause lots of game balance issues. If it were implimented I'd put for following limitations on it...

1. only pistols dould be dual wielded (no knives as you can only carry 1 and no rifles)
2. only agile or rexo users could use this tactic (2 pistol slots are needed - sorry standards and cloakers)
3. using 2 pistols should increase the rate of fire slightly alternating shots between weapons. The main advantage it would give is to effectively double the ammo capacity by allowing you to empty 2 full clips before needing a reload.
4. reloading would automatically holster one weapon to free the hand to reload the other pistol and then reload that one pistol. To reload the other pistol you would have to holster the one in hand, equip the other pistol, and manually reload it. Once done you could then draw both pistols and start over... this would take forever...
5. The above would limit dual pistols to the heavier infantry guys and give them an option to have a somewhat effective backup attack when their main weapon runs out of ammo... rather than reload they could draw pistols and continue... once they empty the pistols it's reload party time... lol

Of course then this would bring up another problem... the logic of adding this to support med applicators and BANK engineering tools... could a "dual wielding" support guy heal and fix armor at the same time or use 2 of the same device to double healing/repair rates? LOL... um, NO!

Last edited by BadAsh; 2004-03-30 at 10:10 AM.
Old 2004-03-30, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Doppler
Contributor
Major

There is nothing someone with two pistols can do that one guy with an automatic rifle cant do better.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion