Male or Female?? Which will you play? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your quote is denied.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Male or female? Which shall you play?
Male 17 33.33%
Female 7 13.73%
My Character will be the same sex as I am. 27 52.94%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2002-12-25, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sputty
Banned

In Q3 I play a female because they're slimmer and smaller overall...harder to hit but since they'll be armor and vehicles I'll probably play as what I am, a male
Old 2002-12-25, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Serbitar
Sergeant

I normaly dont understand why men should play female models. MAybe they have some sexuality problems . . .

Ill play as what I am.

"May the light shine at thee in the dark !"
R| Relativity
Old 2002-12-25, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sputty
Banned

Originally posted by Serbitar
I normaly dont understand why men should play female models. MAybe they have some sexuality problems . . .

Ill play as what I am.
Guess you didn't read wht I put down. In Q3 I pciked the hardest to hit character, a female. Maybe the rest of us are comfortable with ourselves and you have some issues
Old 2002-12-25, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

Now now children.

Old 2002-12-25, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

It all depends on how much bigger a male is. Looking at the armor screenshots, it looks like it won't be that big of a difference and therefore I'll be male.

EDIT - Now that I look at it, the male NC reinforced armor looks retarted so I might be female instead.

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-25, 10:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

I've always played a male. Never thought about a smaller profile though. I might make 1 girl grunt

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline
Old 2002-12-25, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
DiosT

I'll probably play both (you can have 4 characters per account/server)...

If i want to be a pilot, but the light and agile armors for male stink, I'll probably play female...

i care about Fashion(or looks), and hit-box's.. in tribes females were big and bulky for no reason other then to more closely match the male profiles heh, I'll probably play a short female for my sniper(if they allow variable heights like some MMOG's), a large male for my MAX, and a male tank pilot =p

all this assuming the armors look good, If the male armor looks like a cardboard box with tape, and the female armor has the fashion of a ferrari, I'm gonna go with the ferrari =p

and if i play a female character, I'm not going to 'pretend' to be female, just want to make that clear =p those guys are sick.. but this is a fps, so it dont matter heh, in EQ it was sick =p

Old 2002-12-25, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

It was fun for me when I was RPing as my wife because I knew something they didn't. I do stick witht he female models most of the time cause they look better, but I DO mak it clear I aint a gal.

But it was fun playing EQ back then lol.
Old 2002-12-25, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
diluted
Major

hmm - i don't like the whole "why would you play a gender different then what you are?" blah i dunno females just look better. like it sounds stupid but with cars with curves and sleek bodies - hey i like that. and for painball guns with really curvy sleek milling - that appeals to me too. maybe because its preference on what looks better in one's opinion. well whatever its all about looks when it comes to char creation.

by the way can you name individual characters, or in-game do people only see your account name. in diablo2 it was different named characters per acct name.

Last edited by diluted; 2002-12-25 at 12:11 PM.
Old 2002-12-25, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
DiosT

I'd assume it's by character name, not account name...

and all character names will need to be unique at some level... by server or empire, otherwise ya can't send 'private' messages if they support that system, which i'm fairly sure they will, most MMOG's do...

but i do think they will allow a "John doe" in Vanu and a "John doe" in terran empires, since you shouldn't/arnt able to communicate between empires =p

Old 2002-12-25, 01:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
diluted
Major

thats kinda lame. not able to talk between empires.
Old 2002-12-25, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Serbitar
Sergeant

@sputty:

Too bad, EVERY model in Q3 has the same hit boxes . . . size of the model didnt matter. So you picked your women model for nothing . . . if so you should ahve picked the eyeball . .(by the way: same in Tribes 2, where everybody and his brother is running arround as a female because of the same wrong reason . . .)

BTW: Any females here who want to play male models ? In my experience girls cant understand why some males want to play in female armor (neither do I). Maybe some boys in here should go out and see some girls so that they dont have to play as females . . . Call me intolerant but boys wanting to play as girls sound a little strange to me.

Edit: And I dont think that males and females in planetside will have different hitboxes. FPS developers learned to make them the same a long time ago . . . (even if the models are different, sometimes the hit boxes are bigger than the model so that they are equal on every model)

"May the light shine at thee in the dark !"
R| Relativity

Last edited by Serbitar; 2002-12-25 at 07:20 PM.
Old 2002-12-25, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by diluted
thats kinda lame. not able to talk between empires.
Well think of the possibilties of losers revealign info. It would be way too easy to say "Hey TR! My empire will be attacking your south base in about 5mins!!!"
Old 2002-12-25, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
DiosT

what Dio said....

on a side note..

I know 2 women that play male characters... 1 because she doesnt have to listen to men hitting on her every 5 minutes, and the other because her boyfriend origionally played then she took it over =p so rawr =p

Old 2002-12-25, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
m0rphiu5
NC Superior
Firepower

i think playin a female character would be fun, i will have atleast one... the female NC stealth looks soo cool, so thats what my stealth character (main) will probably be....

oh and DiosT nice matrix quote, i was gunna use it myself..... but wouildnt fit in sig, nice job
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion