PlanetSide Universe
PSU: �
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2002-12-28, 08:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
�io
Lieutenant General

I hear those a lot less then gun stories. Any way you play it guns just mean more dangers in a home then anything else.

Anyhoo let's stop the gun thing and get back to guns in planes. That is the point of this thread no ?
Old 2002-12-28, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

Personally I dont think just anyone should have a gun in their house, as dio said. Some guy will cap his wife, or maybe his kid will find the gun and cap himself or his friend/brother

Next thing we know everyone solves their own crimes, and police will need to start carrying RPG's to make a difference.

As for guns in the cockpit, I think its a good idea. Dont keep it in a safe or somthing however, it wont be of any help there. Should be holstered on the pilot.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-28, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Aviation security and people giving up their rights (which is where the gun thing came from). I think that I consider the right to bear arms the last line of defense. What areas do you think we've given up too many rights. (Sorry D this is mostly American).

I know one thing that made me mad beyond all belief was Campaign Finance Reform. I know this isn't so much in relation to 1984, but it is a gross violation of our rights. The law says no political adds can be bought about a candidate/idea within x amount of days before an election. It says that "Special interest" groups can't advertise.

You guys know about all the bad press that Video Games are getting in relation to the sniper shootings and stuff, well heres an example.

We want to put out a commercial showing gamers as normal people and refudiate the current slander that games get. Well I don't have enough money to buy a nation wide commercial, neither do you. But, lets say we all do. So we combine that money and buy an add, well we can't show it within 60/90 days of an election where anyone who has voiced an opinion on the subject is running for election. So we, "the special interest group", have effectively been silence.

However, Ted Turner, with all of his money, can buy an anti game commercial and show it nation wide because he is a single individual, and not letting him show it would violate his free speech.

What happened to the freedom of assembly? People can't band together in opposition or support of an idea within a certain time frame now, all because of a hot word that gets votes :"Special interest group". You and I are special interest groups.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-28, 08:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

I tried to shoot a rabbit with a err... .22 this weekend, yeah well I'm never firing a gun again My shot was so damn crappy

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2002-12-28, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hamma
PSU Admin

The government is corrupt and controlled by $$

Welcome to the USA, I've stopped paying attention to politics, pisses me off too much.

Old 2002-12-28, 08:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Hamma,

I know you're not into politics but do you really believe that? Just wondering.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-28, 10:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

I believe its all controlled by money, yes. Our congressmen arent voting the way of the people, they are voting the way of their party.

Its all a big mess in my opinon

Old 2002-12-28, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
�io
Lieutenant General

Heh news flash gang the world is controlled by money. Why do you think we have so many problems like little kids in 3rd world countries starving meanwhile some movie actor gives a half ass perfomance and gets a "small" 15million for his role.
Old 2002-12-28, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

Money is lose!

Old 2002-12-28, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Guns dont kill people, I kill people..

Guns in the cockpit are a great idea. MOST of your airline pilots are former military pilots with a clue about what to do with them. The rest, competant proffesionals.

My favorite T-Shirt in HS said:

"In these here United states we have TEXAS"

And on the back:

"Then them other 49 states..."
Old 2002-12-29, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Do the words explosive decompresion mean anything to anyone here.
Old 2002-12-29, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Originally posted by Dio
I hear those a lot less then gun stories. Any way you play it guns just mean more dangers in a home then anything else.

Anyhoo let's stop the gun thing and get back to guns in planes. That is the point of this thread no ?
And to all the other non-gun types, do yourself a HUGE favor, and go read up on the actual stats on guns and gun violence in the home.

YES, kids shoot people(WHICH is tottaly preventable by mature people), yes people shoot thier wives.. (those people would just knife em if they didn't have a gun and you know it)

Guns in the home are no more dangerous then anyother tool. You disrespect the gun, and the gun disrespects you.

I forget the name sof the twons, but two towns in Geroria(I think..) anyhoots both had different ideas on guns and crime. Town A passed a law basically forbidding guns, not entirely, but made it REAL difficult to own one. Town B on the other hand, passed a law saying that ALL heads of house must own a loaded weapon and keep it in thier homes..

Guess what? Town A saw an INCREASE in violent crimes, muder, and crimes with guns....

Town B saw a marked DECREASE in all forms of crime, and coupled with thier gun safety progrram, saw a DECREASE in accidentla, and in home gun accidents/crimes..

Amazing no?

Go look it up on google, I am too tired to so atm.
Old 2002-12-29, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

OK, I havn't read the WHOLE thread, just skimmed it (i'm tired...) ............anyway here's my question.

Wouldn't a pistol in the cockpit be dangerous? What happens when either
a. the gun accidently fires and blows a hole in the (hull in aircraft?) wall and then depressurizes the plane, sucking the pilots and everyone else out... or

b. they fire at the hijacker and miss and then scenario a. happens again...?
Old 2002-12-29, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Incompetent
Do the words explosive decompresion mean anything to anyone here.

Old 2002-12-29, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

Originally posted by MrVicchio
And to all the other non-gun types, do yourself a HUGE favor, and go read up on the actual stats on guns and gun violence in the home.

YES, kids shoot people(WHICH is tottaly preventable by mature people), yes people shoot thier wives.. (those people would just knife em if they didn't have a gun and you know it)

Guns in the home are no more dangerous then anyother tool. You disrespect the gun, and the gun disrespects you.
The problem is, guns are designed to hurt, and kill. There is no other purpose for them, whereas a baseball bat, a knife, etc. all have other non-violent purposes. That's why I think a gun should only be used when it's absolutely necessary, i.e. in a war.

I forget the name sof the twons, but two towns in Geroria(I think..) anyhoots both had different ideas on guns and crime. Town A passed a law basically forbidding guns, not entirely, but made it REAL difficult to own one. Town B on the other hand, passed a law saying that ALL heads of house must own a loaded weapon and keep it in thier homes..

Guess what? Town A saw an INCREASE in violent crimes, muder, and crimes with guns....
I thought they made it really difficult to own one...

Town B saw a marked DECREASE in all forms of crime, and coupled with thier gun safety progrram, saw a DECREASE in accidentla, and in home gun accidents/crimes..
You haven't told us the original stats for these towns, so this source is unreliable
But, even if there was more crime with less guns, then how do places like England cope? We don't have people running around causing havoc 24/7. This might be because we are used to not having guns.. or something, and maybe our people are just more mature and less violent

My point is, crime shouldn't have to be stopped with guns or with no guns, it should be stopped by making people believe crime is bad, therefore preventing them from doing it.

Did I just say all that? =/

-edit- ok that come out wrong - changing layout

Last edited by Flashingfish; 2002-12-29 at 12:10 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge