Infiltration suit help - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is your brain. This is your brain on PSU.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-23, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Intruder
First Sergeant

Originally posted by JLeeAZN
My Old-Fashioned(Everyone hates me) Way of InFiLtRaTiNg:
-Get an Infil. with advanced hacking
-Get to a tower, that you know will be get hot, or get to a hot tower, and make your way to the bottom
-After the tower is in Enemy possesion, hack a term, and get and Anti-Infantry MAX of your empire and camp the damn respawn, and if your about to get screwed, turn back to infil. and just chill forawhile - then repeat the process!

You can also do this on an enemy base - now that you can respawn at a hacked base

~Knifing Snipers from behind is ==MeaN== <===== So do it

How do you hack the terminal back to get into infltration suit? I thought you couldnt hack in a MAX suit? am I wrong?

The second one he was in his skeeter
Old 2003-06-23, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Intruder
How do you hack the terminal back to get into infltration suit? I thought you couldnt hack in a MAX suit? am I wrong?
You're correct.

I think the implication was that the terminal might stay hacked throughout this, but since retail terminals don't stay hacked terribly long.. shrug. ;p
Old 2003-06-23, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

I have done the ole...sneak in a base... hack a term, turn into a MAX and camp the spawn tubes. What seems to happen is that after a while a few more friends will show up and join the fun (usually at least one is an advanced hacker), or the badguys get pissed-off and bring an army down to root you out.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-11-29, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
VanuStorm
Private

I never use my knife, i find it takes too long. AMP kills, 2-3 sec........ Sneak behind someone and plug him full of it. (WHY DID THE FOOLISH DEVS TAKE MY GLOWY KNIFE?) Oh well, what you cant see CAN hurt you, so
Old 2003-11-29, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Spee
Colonel

And another word of advice: When running across bridges, get to where the action is most heated, and jump.

No one expects an amp in the back while they're shooting a vanguard with a deci. Also, try not to get TOO mad when someone with a particular hardware setup snipes you from 300+ meters away. It's a nasty bug - Infiltrators, even when invisible, show up like lightbulbs through the scope.
Old 2003-11-29, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Deadlock
Contributor
First Lieutenant

"Act like your not invisable" <= BEST ADVICE EVER!

I've also noticed that alot of fellow infls make this mistake, make sure u close the distance between you and your prey. If you'r going up against a HA enemy flip on a surge implant (must for infls) and keep to his blind side as close to him as possible... that way u match his rotation speed and he couldnt hit you even if you forgot to cloak urself (another thing to watch, i always shutter when i notice infls leavin the tubes like this)

Most people think infls are only good at sneakin in and gettin hacks... which for the most part is their purpose, to "infiltrate" but with practice one infl can be a devistating force to squads in transit from one place to another.

on days when im really on the ball i've whipped out whole squads on the move from their respawn point to the base underattack. So learn your limitations, figure out how to lay traps or create choke points with the terrain around you and know when to run and when to fight.
Old 2003-11-29, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Seer
Major

What the heck, this thing is from June! Still good advice, I guess.
Old 2003-11-29, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Spee
Also, try not to get TOO mad when someone with a particular hardware setup snipes you from 300+ meters away. It's a nasty bug - Infiltrators, even when invisible, show up like lightbulbs through the scope.
It's not really a bug. We can't see you if you're not moving. Whenever you move, even when you crouch-walk, you show up a little bit. Most people don't notice it. They're looking at a whole screen full of tracers and other characters and looking at their chat bar and trying to get to the battle. Snipers are ALWAYS looking for easy targets and we look for details. If we think we saw somebody ghosted, you can almost guarantee we watch that spot and wait for it to happen again so we can get a bead on you. I seriously once waited over 5 minutes for a stealther to move again so I could blast him. Also, a lot of stealthers run when they are outside and thats the worst thing you can do if there is a sniper around.

As for infiltrator tips. A lot of times there isn't a lot of exp or kills involved with it, outside from engineering. You can do a LOT of damage though. My old outfit had a group of 6-10 infiltrator/engineer/hackers. When we were trying to take a cont, they would go to all the enemy facilities not under attack and would blow their gens. It has a BIG effect on enemy forces when suddenly their facilities start dropping.
Old 2003-11-29, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Spee
Colonel

Actually, Nimbus, there is a bug regarding infils for snipers. When they move, a large white glow silhouettes the stealther. However, this is for people with a certain hardware configuration. Devs are addressing it in thier stealther buff.
Old 2003-11-29, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Snipers can see you better than anyone. Zoomed in the movement of Infils is 10x more visible than normal in 90% of hardware configurations. Its really a problem with Zoom in general and the clip plane. Its the same reason you can see AMS bubbles from the flight ceiling. Dont sweat snipers tho. While nothing makes them more happy than sniping another sniper, getting infils is thier next favorite target. However this is not a problem if you have surge. No one ever hits me zig-zagging with surge on, its just almost impossible.

You really have 2 choices at that point:

1) Surge from tree to tree till you get where you are going and ignor the snipers (not even great snipers can hit you even tho you are as visible as a battleship spotlight in the dark) or..
2) Hunt them the fuck down

I always go for option #2 because after all, we are the Sniper's worst enemy. Leave the battle area, come up behind them crouch wallking and get your revenge. It is really simple. Carry a boomer or 2 so you can blow them up AND any turrets or motion sensors they have placed beside them.

If you want to do infiltration dont bother w/out advanced hacking unless you only want to ninja-kill on the edges of battle
Old 2003-11-29, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Spee
Actually, Nimbus, there is a bug regarding infils for snipers. When they move, a large white glow silhouettes the stealther. However, this is for people with a certain hardware configuration. Devs are addressing it in thier stealther buff.
Thats interesting to know, I had never heard of that before. I just see the slight ghosting like normal.
Old 2003-11-29, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

the Silent Run implant is your best friend
Old 2003-11-30, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
DramaticFanatic
First Sergeant

An AMP can attract alot of attention when you kill somebody. Almost all the time I can see an infil trying to AMP my buddy, but knifing is very stealthy, you usually can get them before they react and they don't right away know that an infiltrator is pounding them.
Old 2003-11-30, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

The thing about the Repeater as opposed to the AMP or especially knife kills is that you are much more versital. Say your outside a base or tower in the field, aside from running up and directly killing grunts, you can watch 2 grunts face off and EASILY finish the enemy off if he loses his skirmish. You can do this well beyond Darklight range and can wreak absolute havoc this way on the edges of a battle. The AMP just simply sucks at this, so does the Magscatter. You just have to get too close with those weapons to be effective at all and that closes the door to a whole style of combat. The Beamer is also capable at doing this but is far less acurate than the Repeater. To use the Magscatter, AMP or knife requires you to plunge it in thier backs. I find the everso slightly faster ttk just not worth the limitation of only 1 way to attack

Also I have found that the hitbox for the knives to be extrordinarily small. You have a lot of trouble queueing up melee booster and secondary right when you attack. These are the most difficult and rewarding kills by far but seem to only effective on people who are AFK, sniping, repairing or using a Phoenix. Also because of the humiliating nature of knife kills, people start flipping on DL and looking for you when they see knife kills go by on the chat bar

Finally, if you have darklight other infiltrators dont stand a chance against the repeater. If you see them first, its over. If you see them at the same time its over. It is very easy to stay out of effective range of the AMP and Magscatter and gun them down with a repeater
Old 2004-04-04, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
ZeroRaven
Private

Hey everyone, i just started playing PS a few days ago, and found that i have more fun as a stealther, than as a grunt (get more kills too ). On that note: i have a few questions for you:

1) Will spitfire turrets spot you no matter what?
2) When a opposing base has a field up, does it decloak you?

Thanks for the advice and this thread.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion