Why doesn't TR use the Prowler more? No flaming please... - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm drunk, how about you?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-10, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

To answer your question, I don't know.

I'm Vanu, and I sat one night and watched 52 people buy vehicles, as I was sitting in my Sunderer waiting for gunners and passengers. I counted 28 reavers, 5 Mosquitoes, 1 ANT, 5 AMS's, 1 Deliverer, 10 Mags, and 2 Harassers go.
So I'd say on our side, the most common vehicle is the Reaver. But that's just a rough guess from what I saw. These weren't accurate numbers, just rough guesses, except for the Ams's, ANT, Deliverer, and the Harassers. Those were accurate numbers. I didn't see anything else. No one bought a Sunderer, a Skyguard or a Lib. Not sure why. On that note, there were tonnes of vehicles already out, in the air and around the base.

I don't know what to say.
Old 2003-09-11, 01:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Mazzic
Corporal

Spent the entire evening Driving a Jacked Vanguard.

I have one thing to say about it. The one shot one kill thing might be cool. But, it handles like Dogshit. The manuverability is terrible.

Take your Vanguard and Mower and shove it. I'll keep my Prowler.
Old 2003-09-11, 01:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Madcat170
Sergeant

The Prowlers weakness is its Huge Size and having no extra armour (yes all tanks have the same armour), this makes it such an easy target to hit may as well just sit still and just make it that tiny bit easier for em to hit it.

Btw the Driver gun on the magmower = good against armour. Been almost killed by a Magrider without its gunner when in a 2/3 crewed prowler, damm thing hurts.
Old 2003-09-11, 02:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I had a long post written, but I decided to keep it simple.

The Prowler is not as popular because it is dwarfed by the power level of the other empires' tanks.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-09-11, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
CraZy
Sergeant

Prowler fatser then Magrider? LOL with Mag i can reach 80 km.h and on Prowler max 60
read the official site.....
Old 2003-09-11, 10:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Mazzic
Corporal

Prowler's max is 65. Drive one.
Old 2003-09-11, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Mazzic
Prowler's max is 65. Drive one.
Old 2003-09-11, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Madcat170
The Prowlers weakness is its Huge Size and having no extra armour (yes all tanks have the same armour), this makes it such an easy target to hit may as well just sit still and just make it that tiny bit easier for em to hit it.
I thought I heard that all the tanks have the same hitbox regardless of size and shape?
Old 2003-09-11, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Nimbus
I thought I heard that all the tanks have the same hitbox regardless of size and shape?
I believe that was in reference to the hitbox which runs people over, not their profile. Of course that's just an assumption.
Old 2003-09-11, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Well if the hitbox that runs people over is the same on all tanks (and they are) the only way they could vary is in height.
Old 2003-09-11, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Searo
Second Lieutenant

Mags don't miss when they run after you. If they're off, they strafe.
They're totally silent as well.

Vangs make a huge clunky gear grinding engine noise when they DON'T MOVE AT ALL!
When they do move, it's worse.

I've never really seen many Prowlers, so no comment. But Tanks are more of a "meatshield" or "damage sponge".

All those grunts aren't picking off the other grunts, they're pumping AV missiles into the enemy tanks. Therefore, the grunts busy picking off grunts instead of tanks get an advantage.

Plus, the psychological aspect of "If I move, I get run over" or "Don't go outside! There's a big tank!" stops everyone without AV certs. So instead of counterattacking, they're trying not to get killed by a tank.
Old 2003-09-19, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Caspertoo
Sergeant

Bottom line is that they should get rid of the 3rd crewman, make the turret the 100m dual gun and the mg.
Old 2003-09-19, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Prowler has the best weapon systems I'e seen. Best on the 3 tanks because you have two SEPRATE people focusing on different things. Infantry and Armor. It's a really nice combo. Just get 2 gunners and see how good you can do with engineering. There are secrets to driving a Prowler too. You drive it for awhile, you will fiure them out.

Old 2003-09-19, 10:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

For people that say prowler sucks, you've obviously never been in one when all 3 guys in it are on Team Speak. Voice communication makes it's efficiency jump by 300%. That goes for any vehicle when everyone is on voice chat. I've been in a stolen, fully manned, prowler. Let's just say, Ain't nothing like it. We lasted for a good half hour at the edge of battle before we ran out of 100mm shells. After that, we just became a meat wagon.
Old 2003-09-20, 06:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sago
Private

Why do people keep saying something like, "The Prowler is weaker than the Vanguard, so I don't want to use it"?

I'm NC, and I admit straight away that I have only tried the Prowler once or twice.

I'd like to think that I'm a pretty decent Vanguard driver, and I don't spend a lot of time killing other tanks. Sure, I hardly ever see any Prowlers, so that's one reason - but there's plenty of mags out there, and I don't spend a lot of time killing those hwen fighting VS.

Most of the time is spent shelling towers, bases, entrances etc. That's what can turn the tide of a battle... the Prowler can do the same.

Of course I spend a lot of time killing random infantry, AMSes etc. too, but still - I can't see why the Prowler can't do this just as good as the Vanguard.

With the higher rate of fire, it should be better at shelling entrances and so on.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion