5K base cap - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where Rank doesn't matter!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-18, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
kreeten
Contributor
First Sergeant

5k cap

As far as I know the number of points is calculated by the munber of enemies in the soi ....... Something like every 5 or 15 secs ( a time slice) the count of enemies 10 mins before hack through the 15 min hack determines points and yes I still get 5k hacks.
Old 2003-09-18, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Intruder
First Sergeant

Originally posted by Harps
if u solo u can get 5k all the time if ur a good player

*sigh another misconception... all that matters is how many enemys in the SOI and how long your in the SOI for, enemys its counted from 10mins before hack goes on, till hack, and for you its how long your in the soi during the hack

(the 10min is why sometimes youll get a big exp hack even though there arnt many enemys around (if you rehacked the base right after the zerg leaves))

The second one he was in his skeeter
Old 2003-09-18, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

No, it's not the number of enemies in the SOI, it's the number of unique killed enemies within the SOI within a certain frame of time, being the 25 minutes before the hack goes through. There some computations that go with it too.
Old 2003-09-18, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Katanaboy
They lowered the max cap exp to 3k, and messed around with the exp system a bit (not too much, but a little), so thats why there are no more 5k caps.
Err... i got a 5K last night....

Its definatly got something to do with the amount of resistance the nmy is putting up in a SOI. The bigger the battles, the more K you seem to get, regardless of how long it takes... , ive had a 5K for a base hack that only took about 5 minutes, big battle though! (until we blew the gen! ;-) )

Old 2003-09-18, 04:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Nijal3T
Private

Originally posted by Katanaboy
They lowered the max cap exp to 3k, and messed around with the exp system a bit (not too much, but a little), so thats why there are no more 5k caps.
Had 2 base caps of 4900 points each, 2 nights ago on Werner... guess you are wrong on that.

Last edited by Nijal3T; 2003-09-18 at 04:13 AM.
Old 2003-09-18, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Fingerbob
Private

the XP works like this : (trust me)

you do NOT get capture XP for kills : kills have nothing to do with capture XP at all, unique or otherwise. you can get XP for a capture by killing NOBODY in the base (try it, find an enemy squad one night and trade captures without hostilities).

Capture time runs for 25 minutes max, recapture works for 15 minutes max.

for each 5 second interval ("slice") you stand inside the SOI (you must be ALIVE), you'll be earning experience.

for each ALIVE enemy in the SOI while you're inside it, you get 1 XP per 5 seconds, or 12 XP per minute, when the capture goes thru.

the maximum you can get for a capture is 5000XP and for a resecure it's 3000XP. if you earn more than this amount (say there's 50 enemies in the SOI with you for the full 25 minutes, that would be potentially 15,000 capture XP) then it's simply capped to the maximum amount.

squadmates share the TOTAL capture XP for all members of the squad, which is summed, shared THEN capped (so it is possible to get 5K for the whole squad even when people in the squad are outside the SOI, by having most of your members earn more than 5k inside the SOI to make up for the outsiders)

and last but probably the most important point, you do NOT have to be inside the SOI when the capture goes thru : you just have to be on the same continent.

CEP starts at a max of 3000 for 2 people, and caps at a max of 5000 for a 10 man squad.

CEP is calculated by taking whatever BEP you'd have earned, then doing the following to it :

CEP = BEP * (0.6 + (0.4 * (S - 2) / 8))

where S is the size of the squad (starting at 2, ending at 10)

this works out the CEP caps like this (on a capture, not a resecure):

2 men in squad, MAX CEP is 3000
3 men in squad, MAX CEP is 3250
4 men in squad, MAX CEP is 3500
5 men in squad, MAX CEP is 3750
9 men in squad, MAX CEP is 4750
10 men in squad, MAX CEP is 5000

questions ?

Last edited by Fingerbob; 2003-09-18 at 04:53 AM.
Old 2003-09-18, 04:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

No sir. I got my information from a notepad file within the /Sony/planetside folder. It's a good possibilty that they changed most or part of what was writting in that notepad file AFTER they put that file on the game disc. That's where I got MY information anyway. That's why I use it, as in game it seems to be like that sometimes, and other times it seems to be your way. I've gotten 3500 exp for just running to a hacked base, having someone hack the vehicle terminal, and my grabbing an ANT and running to the warp gate. On the way back, I got the 3500, then I got my ANT to the base and filled the base. I've also had it where I visit a Neutral base under our hack, fill the base, and leave right away, and along the way to my next base I've gotten 4300, and I didn't spend much time at that base, nor touch any enemies.

Go figure
Old 2003-09-18, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Fingerbob
Private

all I can think is that there were a load of enemies somewhere in the SOI in both cases ( I guess a couple of AMSs with enemy streaming out might be enough)

to get 4k for passing thru ... let's say it took you 5 minutes, there would need to be 60 or so enemy inside the SOI while you were in there. possible, I guess ...

were you solo, or squadded ? if you were in a squad, then both of those numbers are easily possible assuming your squadmates were inside the SOI longer than you were.
Old 2003-09-18, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Solo, each time
Old 2003-09-18, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Here is what I read, in a notepad file called news_unicode

This is where I got my information from. I may have read it wrong, but I doubt it........

<item>
<title>Experience System</title>
<mm-dd-yy>04-30-03</mm-dd-yy>
<body>Many folks don't fully understand the new experience system, so here are a few details about it in an "Example" fashion so that it makes more sense.

Here goes:

1) If you're an individual (not part of a squad), then you just have to be *present* during the 25 minutes before the hack is complete and the base capture occurs. During the time that you are present, the game is counting "UNIQUE" kills that occur within the SOI around the facility. Outside the SOI doesn't count. "Unique" kills means *different* people....not the same guy over and over.

NOTE: YOU do not have to personally kill those "unique" enemies. You just have to be PRESENT while they are killed.

2) Why "unique" kills? Basically, if there are only two guys defending the base, then you don't get much in the way of xp for taking that base (two unique folks would be 10% of max cap xp...see above). If you bite off a big challenge, then you get big XP. Bite off a small one and you get small XP.

3) Squads help you in regards to "unique kill count". Basically, we keep track of all the unique kills that were viewed by ANYONE in your squad in that SOI during the 25-minute window. Basically, this benefits squad members because they can be in and out of an SOI and still accumulate "unique kill count" if at least one of their squad members is there. Thus, it's easier for squad members to get to the max capture XP. (And remember...xp is now shared across the entire continent for squad members.)

4) This also applies to resecuring a facility. The system is almost exactly the same for resecuring as it is for hacking in the first place. When a base is hacked by the enemy, a "resecure timer" is started. All the kills you were present for the 10 minutes prior to that enemy hack, and all the kills until your Empire actually rehacks (thus resecuring the base) are counted as "unique kills" toward the maximum resecure XP. This "resecuring" xp should be a huge incentive for defenders since you now get xp for doing base defense (which didn't happen previous to this change).

Make more sense now? In a nutshell...big fights give big cap xp. Small fights give small cap xp. Defenders get xp for resecuring a base.

And, of course, in addition to capture xp, you also get all the xp for the actual kills...and that's not limited by "unique" numbers. So all-in-all, you can wrack up an amazing amount of xp if you a) get into a large squad and b) go into large battles, whether on offense or defense. If your style is to play with smaller squads and go to smaller battles, you'll still have fun...but you'll receive smaller XP because you're taking smaller risks.

NOTE: You and/or your squadmates can freely go in and out of the SOI during the 25-minute window. But kills are only added to your "unique kill total" when you or your squadmates are actually in the contested SOI.

--------------------------

Okay...that's BEP...what about CEP for captures?

The system works exactly like BEP awards, but there's a modifier based on your size of squad.

Basically, take the amount of xp that would be received using the BEP system described above. Now multiply the CEP gained by a percentage based on the number of folks in your squad. A two-person squad gets 10% of the max CEP for its leader, whereas a squad leader with 8+ members gets 100% of the max CEP. (Scaled proportionally in between those numbers).

Therefore, large squads net max CEP for their commander. Small squads net less.

NOTE: There is no limitation to the number of commanders that can gain CEP in a single SOI. It's only limited by their squad size.

ALSO NOTE: Capture xp now has *NOTHING* to do with who hacked the building. There is no reason to kill friendly hackers.

LAST NOTE: You, or at least one of your squad, MUST be in the SOI of the building AT THE TIME OF CAPTURE (or resecure) in order to gain BEP or CEP.

</body>
</item>
Old 2003-09-18, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Fingerbob
Private

yah, that's VERY old and out of date I'm guessing that's why people have this "must be in SOI" mentality, still - even though this has been proven wrong (by your description above, you were outside the SOI when you got those cap points)

well, like I say, find a friendly enemy squad and swap captures without killing each other for half an hour, and work out the math : it does add up to what I described above.
Old 2003-09-18, 06:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh, I don't doubt you. I was just posting where I got my information from. I know it's out of date. It would be nice to find an official view on this, just so one can read it and say, OH, okay. Your view point works though
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion