PSU: Have you driven an ANT... lately?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2003-11-12, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 7: In Flanders Fields

Aztec landed his squadron for a quick rearmament and repair. They were under attack by a Vanu squad.

While he had been dogfighting, a certain "CDL-Jouster" had nailed his Reaver right through the armored glass with 12mm. Hit him in the arm, nearly locking it in place. He took a look. The joint was shattered. Blood leaked. The glass was tinted red. Synovial fluid, not much though, spilled in droplets.

He was going to get that son of a bitch later.

As he landed, he propped open the cockpit and screamed. "MEDIC!!!!"

A medic came up. Reinforced armor.

"Shit! What the hell happened to...."

"Private! Unless you want a 12mm through your chest, get this healed!"

He whipped out the Med-Applicator and the healing was done in a few moments. The wonders of modern technology.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CDL's 10 downed lied in a hole they had dug. Just visible was a NC base. There was a lot of comotion.

"What do you suppose is goin' on there?" asked Legendary Saiyan, the Galaxy pilot. He had been one of the severly wounded, but now due to the med applicators, he looked good as new.

"No damn clue." responded FireZ, who was a gunner on one of the Galaxies. He, too, had been seriously wounded. He was also healed.

"I've got my Bolt Driver here with me, I suppose I could take a look..." Jouster peered through the scope. The figures were VERY far away, far too far for a sniper shot. Jouster wasn't stupid enough to give away their existence by shooting someone, anyway.

It looked alot like their base, except it was Smurfs instead of Elmos. He peered over a bleeding pilot in a Reaver. The scope displayed his name. [S/E]AztecWarrior.

"And there's the son of a bitch who downed me! Damn! His whole shoulder's shattered. I guess we came out even. You hearing that? Oh, you can't, because..."

"Ssshhh!" Lise said.

There was a hummng in the distance. It got closer and closer.

Threshers.

A line of fire erupted from behind a trench. Vanus firing at the Smurfs. NCs took positions along the opposite side of the field, also entrenched.

Light artillery from Lightnings and medium shells from Vanguards soon littered the area.

Lise remembered a poem that put this into perspective. An old one, from World War 1.

"In Flanders fields, where the poppies blow..."

"What the shit is that?" inquired Hamma.

"A poe..."

A 150mm shell landed not 10 meters from their hole. At that point they readied their weapons and got lower in the hole. Nobody dared look at the situation. Nobody spoke for a few moments.

"How the hell is our rescue going to get through this?" uttered someone.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-11-12, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 8: Special Operations

Back at base, battles were already occuring. The Vanu looked ready to charge. Sentrosi was organizing the two Sunderers.

"I'll drive Sunderer Alpha. Reign, drive Sunderer Beta. Kaoz, gunner on Alpha. EineBeBop, gunner on Beta. And don't jump out this time. We don't want a repeat of what happened at Akna..."

He had jumped out and mowed down several NCs, but the Sunderer fell fictim to a Lightning becaue he had left his post. Ein was crazy.

"Yostin. Newbie. Second gunner on Alpha. We have to keep it short, so only one more will be needed..."

A Flail shot nearly hit one of the Sunderers.

"Shit! You! (he pointed at a random person). Get in the second Sunderer! You're gunner! Go! GO GO GO!"

There was a screeching of the tires, and they were off.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-11-13, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

cool, multiple perspectives...
Old 2003-11-13, 07:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by NewCong. Marine
cool, multiple perspectives...
I shamelessly ripped off the writing style of Ambrose Bierce. Just kidding. I didn't rip it off, I usually do this.
Old 2003-11-13, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 9: Reenforcements

As Sentrosi was putting the pedal to the metal, several Terran drop pods were coming down near the base. He had no time to check who it was.

The first figure was in Agile armor. He spun around. No enemies. He put a 9mm clip into his Cycler, then ran for the base. A "hotspot" was forming on the Global Soldier Distribution Map. These two would be the first to arrive. He was relatively young, looking as if he had fooled the recruiting officers. He was still a bit green, his armor not being fully red. Around BR ten, possibly.

The second figure was in an Infiltration suit. She went invisible immediately on arrival. She scanned the terrain. Nobody. She loaded her Repeater, and also ran towards the base, creating a mere blur on the ground.

Ouroboros was the first to see them. He was running back towards the front lines after respawning, his braincase being hit by a nice .50 caliber from a Bolt Driver. You never hear the one that gets you.

Ouro recognized the two figures. The female one decloaked upon entering.

"You're back!" he yelled.

"Squeeky and {{eMaGyN}} reporting in, sir!" Squeeky replied.

They had left a while ago. eMa had married, or at least engaged a civilian, therefore allowing her to leave the military. This was almost impossible in the Terran Republic. There were a slew of reasons to deny, among them "You are not sufficiently experienced.", "You have not killed enough *armor type here*," and the infamous "You are needed in battle." Nobody really knew why the gave out the generic thrid reason.

Squeeky came and left. He had left CDL.

"Where are we needed?" eMa asked.

"We have a Vanu Zerg headed straight for us. Everyone to the front. Now!"
Old 2003-11-13, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 10: All quiet on the Western Front

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crash site
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The battle had been raging for at least fifteen minutes now, an eternity in today's fast-paced near-Blitzkrieg battles. At this point, drunken soldiers, crazy soldiers, or fools were charging across No Man's Land. Death was almost instantaneous. The air was full of lead and beams. A few dogfights raged overhead, seeming more like a pastime than war. What was occuring on the ground was war. Above, it seemed like a chivalrous game. Downed pilots were known to salute their victors. However, some rammed downed pilots. A mixed bag.

All this was observed by Lise as a dead Vanu, bleeding from bullet holes in the head and upper torso, fell into their pit.

"Shit! FIRE!" someone yelled.

"HOLD! He's dead!" yelled Legendary Saiyan.

"Damn! That scared the shit out of me!" someone yellled.

A 150mm Vanugard shell landed directly in the middle of the pit. It hadn't gone off yet. Everyone stared at it. They were about to die, and every moment turned into an eternity.

Or so they thought.

When they zoned out, they became aware that, luckily for them, the shell was a dud.

"A dud. A fucking DUD! LEARN TO MAKE YOUR SHELLS RIGHT, YOU DUMBASS SMURFS!" yelled Hamma as he tossed the shell out of the pit.

It exploded when it hit the ground outside.

Everyone stared in disbelief at each other. Nobody spoke after that.

The wierdest things happen in war.

A charging NC in Reinforced armor tripped and fell into the pit.

"Oh, shi...." he said, right before the thunder of 10 guns blew him to bits.

A Vanu MAX was observed jumping over their pit. They were about to aim and fire, but Lise halted them.

Where the hell is our rescue? she thought.
Old 2003-11-13, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 11: Say hello to my little FRIEND!

Sentrosi nearly had a hernia when he saw the rescue site.

"Jesus! Look at it! Troops everywhere!" he said.

"Never say never. Come on! Let's get these sons of..." immediately barked Eine.

"Wait. Let's play this smart. How can we get them out? For that matter, where are they? he responded. He got his radio.

"CDL SAR to Lise, do you copy?"

She responded within a few moments.

"Roger that! It's hell out *Bzzt*. Troops everywhere. Can you see our hole? Over."

"No, we can't see where you are. There are at least a dozen holes. Over."

Tracers shot out into the sky from one of the holes.

"We just shot out of our hole. Did you see them?"

"Yes, we did. Stay there for a second."

He got on radio with the other Sunderer.

"KaoZReign! What's your take on this?"

"How about someone gets out, jumps into the trench, and takes all the Vanu by surprise while we get..."

Ein was already out of the Sunderer. He cocked his Mini-Chaingun by rotating the barrel clockwise, then returning it to its original position. He spoke into his headset.

"Stop staring! GO!"

The Sunderer gunners provided suppressive fire as the crazy sight of two Terran Sunderers rushing across No Man's Land and next to a shell hole amazed some soldiers, but not enough to distract them. A few people took some potshots.

"GO GO GO!" screamed Hamma as everyone ran for the Sunderers. Everyone got in all right, despite a few bullet wounds from the steel rain.

Eine was audible, blasting away in the trench with his Mini-Chaingun turned Trench Broom.

"YEEHAWW!!! SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND! HAHAHAHA!!!!!" he screamed as 6,000 rounds of death per minute was blasted into a trench just a few feet wide.

He recorded at least five kills when the Sunderer pulled up.

"SPACE COWBOY! GET IN!" yelled Sentrosi.

He didn't get in immediately. He emptied the belt first, THEN he got in.

This went down as one of the most heroic actions in CDL's history. Eine was awarded nothing less than a Medal of Honor for his actions. But that was later.

He jumped in and grabbed a seat next to Lise, the last one in the Sunderer.

Lise decided to tease him. She took him in her arms.

"I like a man who can wield a Mini-Chaingun."

He looked uncomfortable, and blushed. It was unexpected.

"Don't let it get to your head." she said, and winked.

Everyone burst out laughing.

Last edited by AztecWarrior; 2003-11-13 at 08:28 PM.
Old 2003-11-13, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
KaozReign
Private

Nice progress but I gotta point out one thing.
Kaoz and Reign are both parts of my nick.

But you have our Spec Ops division down pat - me and Sent are the drivers.
Old 2003-11-13, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

Sweet....poor NC...he never saw it coming.....
Old 2003-11-14, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Im still not in story *cries*
Old 2003-11-14, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Originally Posted by Black
Im still not in story *cries*
That's because you're defending the base valiantly. You're not in SpecOps or Air Calvary.

Everyone will get their turn in the spotlight, damnit!
Old 2003-11-14, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Kikinchikin

great story aztec, if you can squeeze me in somewhere i'd appreciate it.
Old 2003-11-14, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2003-11-16, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

All Character Requests By Private Messaging, Damnit!!!

Last edited by AztecWarrior; 2003-11-16 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Pwned by ALLCAPS blocker
Old 2003-11-16, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

Chapter 12: Lights Off

Two Sunderers rolled into the base. Everyone around them was cheering and clapping. Manitou came up to them.

"Great job here, Sent! A fine job. I hate to say this, but there's no time to lose. Rearm and get out there. We need as many guns as we can get." He walked back to the command area. Sputty got to him before he got there.

"Sir, I think we are going to have to ration power if we are going to make it."

Manitou thought for a few moments, then he agreed.

"Keep the radio, PA, emergency lights, respawn tubes, radar, and medical stations on. Wall turrets too. Everything else is on for five minutes and off for ten. Begin as soon as you can."

By this time he had reached the command center. He went back to the map. The purple blobs were closer, except for the one blob. That was the artillery brigade. They kept on pumping out shots. Galaxies came back and forth, deliviering the precious ammunition that could only be procured in the caverns...

Why not eliminate the Galaxies?

No. All vehicles had trunks. They would just get Threshers to go back and forth. Mosquitoes hovered over the Flails while Skyguards gazed the skies, making a Terran air attack unlikely at best.

The room went completely black. A few moments later, the glow of the map came on, as well as the rest of the facilities. Sputty announced the rationing of power over radio and PA.

And then all hell broke loose over the radio.

"Shit! Paratroopers in the rear!" and dozens of variants of that message came over quickly. Manitou opened the door and ran to the vehicle spawn area.

Streaks in the sky came down fast. A sixth brigade, one of paratroopers, came down just outside of the Sphere of Influence.

Things were looking very bad now.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction