PSU: Destroying your anti-virus software since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-11-20, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by WildHamster23
AMD has to produce out standing 64bits cpu that would outperform the Intel's future 64 bits cpu... else AMD is not going to survive.
AMD spend lots money on the new chips and hoping to gains more market share for the next generation cpu. On the other hand, Intel did not make 64 bit (for regular consumers) is a smart move. Intel used AMD as a geni pig, for testing out the market. AMD is now force to push the manufactures and software companies to make 64 bits hardwares, which require AMD to spend lots money and other resources in marketing. On the other hand, Intel is saving lots money by not having to spend money on marketing the 64 bits cpus. THen, when software and hardware companies start to make 64 bits softwares and hardwares, Intel will starts to produce their 64bits cpu(1.5 years later). So if Intel 64 bits cpu perform btter than the AMD's cpu, AMD will not gain any market share and instead AMD help Intel setup a market for 64 bits cpu..... any comment?????
Plural......and singular. That is all.
Old 2003-11-20, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

OMFG WILD im tired of you talking about dell. Anyways WERE ON THE FUTURE NOT YOUR CRAPPY DELL! anyways AMD always is cheaper. we are talking about top of the line , Xenar . See if you can find any of the extreme editions and look at the price then look at the price of the FX. Rbstr ENOUGH OF THE PRESCOTT! its gonna run at 120vw standard! thats isanely hot also ive heard u could run a Dual Xeon for less power. god rbstr.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-11-21, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
WildHamster23
Private

Smile

[QUOTE=ZionsFire]Plural......and singular. That is all.[/QUOT]
my bad..

If you can afford a top of the line machine, then price is Irrelvent issue. People who cares about the price issue, are ppl (like me) who can only afford a low or mid-range comp. Dell has cheap mid-range comps, which is cheaper than ADM.

My Dell post is to help ppl who is looking for a good CHEAP mid-range system!!!

Plz point out my grammar mistakes... so I won't make the same mistake next time....

Last edited by WildHamster23; 2003-11-21 at 01:04 PM.
Old 2003-11-21, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I realy thing its a matter of brand loyalty and Propaganda, Intel wins this AMD wins that, If amd made a chip of a 865pe mobo and it was better thant intels chip for it i would buy the AMD if the cost/preformance was the same or better

PS the reason i'm excited about the prescott is becasue i have a 865pe mobo an the prescott will be the best thing i can possibly get for it.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-11-22, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

[QUOTE=WildHamster23]
Originally Posted by ZionsFire
Plural......and singular. That is all.[/QUOT]
my bad..

If you can afford a top of the line machine, then price is Irrelvent issue. People who cares about the price issue, are ppl (like me) who can only afford a low or mid-range comp. Dell has cheap mid-range comps, which is cheaper than ADM.

My Dell post is to help ppl who is looking for a good CHEAP mid-range system!!!

Plz point out my grammar mistakes... so I won't make the same mistake next time....
Old 2003-11-24, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I go whit whatever performs the best in the pricebracket i'm looking at. Zealous following of a brand is just bad.
Old 2003-11-25, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

High5 Pyro, thanks for laying the smack down for me! LoL

There should really be no such thing as brand loyalty. Intel and AMD are both billion dollar companies looking to suck as much cash out of you as they possibly can while holding back technology to a snails pace to save them as much money on manufacturing and R&D as possible.

Right now the AMD64 chips clearly are the performance leaders. We'll see what happens when the Prescott's come out. Personally I like to listen to the game developers more than the hardware makers about what they like and don't like and so far they love the AMD64.
Old 2003-11-25, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Im going with Pentium till they make a good 64 them redoing my system. 8) If it sucks im starting a company and making my own. Ive always hated AMD. Intell atleast didnt try to make up excuses when people figured out they using advertiseing methods in there choice of product design. Have to admire honesty. And they know everyone knows it and dont try to change your mind. IMO

AMD with otehr companies boards are ok now but they dont have any direction. Intell will have a more definite and stable design to there future stuff and i think it will be more worth it when AMD cant hold tegether and have to remake everything from scratch like they do with every new major product.

Mostly since Intel makes there own boards. That and i still drool when i see a dual 386 system.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-25 at 01:20 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum