Surge / agile / JH - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Accepting "since 2003" quotes since 2003.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-10, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Lithpope
Corporal

I play TR and I don't have a problem with it, used to Surge/MCG, and It works quite effectivly as well. Indoors it is pretty much a fair fight IMO, a little more mobility balanced with less protection. Outdoors there is simply too many ways to gib a Surge/JH/monkey before he even gets close, as someone mentioned a Jammer grenade or maybye CE ( I have killed many a Surge/JH/monkey with a well place mine or spit turret, they rely on movement to gain advantage and a spit turret just eats them up). My only real gripe with the JH is the secondary mode, that needs to go, no other HA has anything near equivalent.
Old 2003-12-10, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

yeah its a fricking shotgun.. and NC is supposed to b powerful
Old 2003-12-10, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

I have noticed the MCG slaughters everything indoors especially with Surge
Old 2003-12-10, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
TeraHertz
Major

On Werner I've hardly seen any. Or maybe I have seen them, I'm just kicking their asses now that they can't cheat so much.
Old 2003-12-11, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I easily score kills with JH at 30 meters, so don't tell me it's only good at point blank.

You think Agile is scary? Try Standard/Surge/JH. 1:40 of Surge plus a one-shot kill. The funny part is that people defend it as fair. It's cheap and now that everyone figured out the trick, it's got to go.

edit: Surge is the problem, but as for Heavy Assault:

Jackhammer: one-shot kill

Lasher: Massive damage when multiplied by the number of lashes in a crowded area. Deadly out to 80m.

MCG: Takes a minimum of a full second to kill an enemy at full health, causes no splash, has no one-shot kill. Hideously ammo wasteful. The weakest of the Heavy Assault, it is usually praised by NC and VS pretending to be TR so their pet HA won't get nerfed.

Now that I play NC, I'm still going to point out that TR has garbage for equipment. The Prowler, Maurauder, MCG, Pounder and Striker are the weakest in their fields. There's no argument, it's just the truth. You wonder why TR are starving for population? Get your head out of your partisan ass and admit that TR got shafted hard. Maybe the devs want NC to be 'on top'. They'd better rethink that idea, or TR will go extinct.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired

Last edited by Veteran; 2003-12-11 at 12:24 AM.
Old 2003-12-11, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Mudflap
Sergeant

TR do not have the worst equipment. I see tons of MCG users. MCG/Surge rocks just as much as JH/Surge. At point blank, that damn MCG tears shit apart. Beyond that, it's the only HA weapon that's worth a damn at longer ranges.

The pounder rocks, if you can get 3 people in it. The Prowler isn't too bad, but I'll admit that it's the worst of the tanks. The Pounder maybe the weakest in its field, but indoors, it's the best Max/AI defense there is.

Back on subject, the surge/JH combo is lame. I've seen pansies with audio amp standing in a stairwell waiting for someone to come, then they switch to surge and rule the unsuspecting person. It's pathetic. There is no defense against this except running with your weapon out and surge ready, and having ten guys at your back. Even then the damn JH guy will get 3-6 kills. That should tell you how fair it is.
Old 2003-12-11, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Jagd
Major

Surge + MCG = Wall full of bullet holes. You can use it to close range, but you gotta stop, crouch and then fire if you want to hit anything. And using it at range? Sure, maybe if you have a buddy lobbing plasma nades at them too.
Old 2003-12-11, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Red face

Whine whine whine. Every empire has its advantages and disadvantages. Dont like the JH ?, well steal one and use it yourself.

I hate the TR prowler and the VS Magmower... so i steal them and use them against there dumn-struck owners.

Deal with it!.

Old 2003-12-11, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

It's funny how all the NC come out of the woodwork to defend the JH tooth and nail. Kudos to Biohazzard for actually being objective about it.
Old 2003-12-11, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Madcow
It's funny how all the NC come out of the woodwork to defend the JH tooth and nail. Kudos to Biohazzard for actually being objective about it.
Well that could be said for all the threads about other empires. If i started a thread about "Neft the Prowler", or "Buff the lasher", you would get every TR/VS and his dog defending there empires weapons.

I personally think the NC MAX's special ability was pulled out of a xmas cracker, but i dont start threads whining about it, i except it, cos i know that things like the JH make up for it.

Come on fellas, play the hand your delt, cos for every 2 of clubs, youve got a ace of dimonds in there.

Old 2003-12-11, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Shadowseed, maybe you've missed it but the TR have gotten the ugly end of the nerf stick in a lot of different ways. I haven't even played my TR chars for a while and don't feel any special allegiance to them, but the TR had the Pounder and the Striker. Those were the two strong points, and I had the same mind set that I could live with some of the weaknesses (the MCG at the time was the biggest pile of crap available, or at least would have been if the lasher hadn't been a turd on a stick). Vanguard owns Prowler? No problem, we have Pounder and Striker. MCG sucks? No problem, we have Pounder and Striker.

The problem is so many NC and VS complained (and the stats correlated with their complaints) that the devs took action and nerfed those strong points back to the stone age. Now TR and VS have complained about the surge/agile/JH (and the stats correlate with the complaints) and the devs have stated they're going to do something about it. It's inevitable, no reason to fight it.

I've tried to remain objective about the different empires, I play all 3. There's a reason that NC consistently has the highest populations across the servers though.
Old 2003-12-11, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Madcow
Shadowseed, maybe you've missed it but the TR have gotten the ugly end of the nerf stick in a lot of different ways. I haven't even played my TR chars for a while and don't feel any special allegiance to them, but the TR had the Pounder and the Striker. Those were the two strong points, and I had the same mind set that I could live with some of the weaknesses (the MCG at the time was the biggest pile of crap available, or at least would have been if the lasher hadn't been a turd on a stick). Vanguard owns Prowler? No problem, we have Pounder and Striker. MCG sucks? No problem, we have Pounder and Striker.

The problem is so many NC and VS complained (and the stats correlated with their complaints) that the devs took action and nerfed those strong points back to the stone age. Now TR and VS have complained about the surge/agile/JH (and the stats correlate with the complaints) and the devs have stated they're going to do something about it. It's inevitable, no reason to fight it.

I've tried to remain objective about the different empires, I play all 3. There's a reason that NC consistently has the highest populations across the servers though.
Hav'nt played in a while, have ya ?.
They buffed the prowler and the TR MAX's. Now the prowler owns EVERYTHING, and i mean EVERYTHING!. The pounder is devistating, and one of those fcukers planted on a wall can suppress nmys from miles away. And the striker aint bad at all, its a right pain in the ass to MAXs.

Lasher is good indoors. It dont require any huge degree of accuracy, and you dont have to get up real close to use it.
JH is just a load bang at distance, but get it up close and its devistating.
MCG is a mix, it does require accuracy if at distance, and can be used at distance with a small degree of results. Up close it does require a small degree of accuracy, but tears u apart if you in front of that barrel.

As for populations. Wrong again. The populations vary from day to day, and time to time, and are about equal overall. The deciding factor is that TR and VS regullary hold more continants than NC since the last balancing patch.

Old 2003-12-11, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

I changed my thumper load-out to include some Jammer grenade ammo... disables implants and vehicle weapon systems, and destroys deployables. 1-2 such people in a squad of infantry seems like good planning.

But when JH's surge-monkey their way into your base what can TR/VS do? If NC infantry are supposed to rule at close quarters, then don't you think it would be fair/balanced to leave them at a disadvantage at medium+ range outdoors? Nerfing surge use with HA would force more tactical planning.
Old 2003-12-11, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gigabein
I changed my thumper load-out to include some Jammer grenade ammo... disables implants and vehicle weapon systems, and destroys deployables. 1-2 such people in a squad of infantry seems like good planning.

But when JH's surge-monkey their way into your base what can TR/VS do? If NC infantry are supposed to rule at close quarters, then don't you think it would be fair/balanced to leave them at a disadvantage at medium+ range outdoors? Nerfing surge use with HA would force more tactical planning.
At a pinch, the TR could plant a pounder at one end of the corridor, and turn anything that steps into the corridor into soup. The vs can just fill the corridor with lasher fire. Dont have to hit anything, cos the lash will fry severel players coming down the corridor.

OR!!!: U could us surge as well....

Old 2003-12-11, 11:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Kikinchikin

I can do the same thing with my MCG. What's fun is to surge down a zerged tower into the spawn room. and just run around aimlessly killing everyone in the spawns. Rambo style!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion