No jumping while reloading? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mean people suck
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-13, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Chaaos
Master Sergeant

jumping is just dumb. How many special ops or SWAT team personel jumping up and down to dodge bullets.

Jumping is lame. Was lame in quake, was lame in CS, and its lame in planetside.
Old 2003-12-13, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Kikinchikin

I've only played CoD a few days, but I think it's against etiquette to jump to dodge bullets.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Your all dumb. This is not fucking CS, we are not talking about bunnyhopping. There is a stamina penalty for jumps...

I just want to jump off the fucking ledge as I reload.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Chaaos
Master Sergeant

How often do you jump off a ledge and reload? On the base walls or on a tower?
Old 2003-12-14, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hamma
PSU Admin

Half the time jumping is the only way I can keep from getting killed by a JH or lasher.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-14, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Fenrys
Major

So special forces don't jump around to dodge bullets? This is irrelevant because the people shooting at them are not aiming with a mouse, they are able to use cover more effectivly than just crouching down, and a single bullet is all it takes.

With the stamina penalty, things could never be like quake/cs. However, when I'm not shooting, I'd like to be dodging . . . and jumping around is the most effective way to dodge mouse-aimed bullets.
Old 2003-12-14, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Ait'al
Contributor
General

You should be alowed to jump while reloading if it adds half a second to the reload time you are in the air. 8) that would fun and add some realy cool realistic elements to the game!\

And the didnt have 2 mb HDD when they had 23 mhz proccessor. they were 25 mhz proccessor later but those were when HDD were form quater gig to like 2 gigs bassically! a little less too. and the last proccessor at that time before P1s where 55 mhz. I think they were like less than a mhz whne there were 2 mb hard drives.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-12-14 at 03:28 AM.
Old 2003-12-14, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
TeraHertz
Major

Chaaos, jumping WAS quake. Quake was/is an amazing fps. No game other than the quake games have gotten me into the "zone" where your full mind is focused on what you are doing, where you are going, where the enemy is, and being 10 steps ahead of them. Noting else is as fast paced and fun.

However you can't keep playing it becasue you can eventualy become so atuned to the movements you become almost psychic and it gets boring.

---

KiKiNCHiKiN, sounds like a very odd outfit that reduces their member's combat ability using perfectly acceptable and legal actions. There is a stamina benefit you know. You cant just keep bunny hoping.

---

Vick, I agree. Though, since i use a lasher, reload = death for me. If they don't go down in one clip and I ament in using my Speical AI loadout (primaily for use agains't the NC) I'm dead.

---

Hamma, I dont really see how jumping is such a life saving major benefit unless it's off a cliff or wall. When do you use such a move, and with what armour?

(jumped from the very top of anwyn cavern to the bottom last night to survive a reaver attack - that was fun .)

---

Fenrys, I agree. What I miss most about bf1942 when playing this game is the "Dive" option. diving to the ground....is it too much to ask psu? ok...so it would mean alowing "prone"......but come on

Last edited by TeraHertz; 2003-12-14 at 03:38 AM.
Old 2003-12-14, 03:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Chaaos, jumping WAS quake. Quake was/is an amazing fps. No game other than the quake games have gotten me into the "zone"
Im going to find whre you live and kill you!!!
Old 2003-12-14, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Ait'al
Im going to find whre you live and kill you!!!
Merry Christmas.
Old 2003-12-14, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Its the right season for red!
Old 2003-12-14, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Fenrys
Major

I dont really see how jumping is such a life saving major benefit unless it's off a cliff or wall. When do you use such a move, and with what armour?
I'm crouching, shooting at a charging nme. The clip runs dry, the nme closes and aims low, I jump to the side and over the bullets, the nme aims high, I go back to crouching and unload the new clip.

*edit* It's most usefull at close range, but it also helps when you need to dive for cover after that first sniper shot.

Last edited by Fenrys; 2003-12-14 at 04:24 AM.
Old 2003-12-14, 10:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

If you like jumping, try Unreal 2003 or 2004. That shit is the booooom baby. If you don't jump constantly, your going to lose.
Old 2003-12-15, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hamma
PSU Admin

Like it or not jumping is part of the game, you can't compare PS to real life. Its a valid tactic, the more you move the longer you live.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-12-15, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
DoomWarrior
First Sergeant

Try This-

Take an AK 47* and remove its clip, now start running around jumping and try and reload it, it took me a few tries but it worked, but its not as effecient as just standing or crouching there doing it.

*I actually have an AK 47, but the government restricts me from having ammo, because i live in Canada.

O and the red actually comes from santa clause, which gets his red from Coke Cola, sad fact but its true.
In times of life, death will come

Those who face their fate will know of its return,
those who face it's destiny are for the evil to turn.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion