Can the TR ever win? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Those who live by the sword may get shot by those who don't.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-26, 09:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Go to a different server.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-02-27, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Uberpimp
Corporal

THANK YOU KIASON!! That was the response (or something close to it..) I was waiting for! So just wait and be patient for our day? hmmm..... Ok. Back to getting owned!

" 'tis better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven"

You know they call cigarrettes in England ****? Well, some one tell that cigarrette to shutup!
Old 2004-02-27, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Kayith
Private

You just don't know how many NC fear the sight of a Prowler rolling up. Vanguards hate them, and justifiably so; Vanguards get to fire fewer shots than Prowlers. Add to that an independent machine gunner for the Prowler and better armor, you will find it's superior.

Since the nerf, MCG > JH. I despise you chaingun spammers.
Old 2004-02-27, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Kayith
You just don't know how many NC fear the sight of a Prowler rolling up. Vanguards hate them, and justifiably so; Vanguards get to fire fewer shots than Prowlers. Add to that an independent machine gunner for the Prowler and better armor, you will find it's superior.

Since the nerf, MCG > JH. I despise you chaingun spammers.
Vanguard has more armor.

And poplation still matters, if anything they matter more. If you can poplock x conts and still have the manpower to poplock one more cont while the enemy is unable to field sufficient troops on that cont, well then you've just gotten yourself one free cont.
Old 2004-02-27, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ducimus
Sergeant

Can the TR ever win?

Yes.

Just for fun, had to link this poster

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.
Nothing is too difficult if your used to it.
The difficult we do immediatly. The impossible takes a little longer.

Last edited by Ducimus; 2004-02-27 at 07:36 PM.
Old 2004-02-27, 08:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
MidnightDave
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Im a die hard TR man, even though I have an NC alt, And I love being the underdogs, we always fight hard, like well, rabid dogs. I mean we do damn good for an empire who's pop is always well below the other two. Markov the other night was 40% VS 32% NC and 28% TR and we still were fighting off vs zergs and holding off nc backhacks. Since the patch the NC have become less of a threat, which unfortunatly means a lot of empire jumpers went for VS. Just once I want a time where empire jumpers go TR. However I have to say that I was fighting against the TR with my NC char and I really saw how freaking tough the TR can be even when faced with an NC zerg of major proportions.
Old 2004-02-28, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
DemiInuyoukai
Private

out of all my kills, i have TR as my most killed
Old 2004-02-28, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by DemiInuyoukai
out of all my kills, i have TR as my most killed
Thats good for you..........................shut up
Old 2004-02-29, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Fencer
Private

OMG That poster KICKS ASS! I love it! Now if I can just get someone to do a "Thirdcousin Richard" poster. (Think Uncle Sam ripoff.)
Old 2004-03-01, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

NC own this game. I love the helplessness of enemy snipers as my Phoenix tears them a new pie-hole. So what if it takes more shots. I can sense their blood-pressure rising as my AV weapon forces them to withdraw from sniping without any chance of retaliation.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-01, 01:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

technology <= might
Old 2004-03-01, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
mikemil828
Private

I got a potiential idea on how TR can win....we must exclusively use our enemies weapons against them, yeah I know it sounds absurd but listen. Imagine how utterly ticked off the VS will be when they get lasher spammed to death trying a back door hack! Imagine the fear the NC will have of us and our mighty Vanguard squads! If we keep giving them the utter misery that that their weapons have put on us for all this time, soon enough they will ask to have their own weapons nerfed. And eventually their weapons will be so nerfed that if one day we happen to switch back to our own weapons they will utterly conquer them! Then all the fair weather people will switch to the TR and we'll be back on top of the food chain where we rightfully belong!

....Sounds ridiculious huh? Thought so, well back to the drawing board....
Old 2004-03-01, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
OfaLoaf
Colonel

How'd we get all the enemy weapons and vehicles?
Old 2004-03-01, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Steal them.

Old 2004-03-01, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
mikemil828
Private

Simple, we convince all those guys who like to change teams to whichever one who has the best weapons that they will gain far more fame and noriety if they steal tons and tons of their equipment for us, than just being a no name traitor in the zerg. Example, get a squad of 10 of these guys and have 9 of them cert in Armored Assault, 1 in air support then have them get on a deserted cont that they've already captured. then have them start pumping out tanks, then once all 9 reach a certain meeting place they'll get off their tanks, hop on a gal and go back to pick up more tanks, meanwhile we have a squad of advance hackers jack the tanks, have another squad load them onto lodestars, then fly them back to Sanc. Sure its an awful lot to do but if we do a huge raid at that time with the enemy equipment, people might consider it worth it. For small arms, they'll just run a emporiums laying out dozens of enemy HAs with advanced hackers hacking the lockers so that the TR can load their lockers up with such valuable equipment and ammo

The team changers get the fame of being announced on a global thanking them for all the phat lewt they garnered. The enemy will be shocked and awed by a massive strike by TR using their own weapons, they'll see how ridiculiously overpowered they truely are in the hands of the enemy. And after several successful raids using the tactic, they'll be screaming at the devs to nerf their weapons.

Of course I was kinda kidding with the idea at first....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion