PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The real cool club
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-03-10, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Cyanide
Major

Well, I have no computer know how at all, so my current goal is to net an Alienware. Those things are really good, right?
Well, you could take the time to learn how to build a computer. It's really easy. Most people think it's complicated but in actuality a monkey could do it. Most stuff only fits in one plug and it only fits in that plug one way (heck a lot of it's color coded now too). So it's pretty hard to screw stuff up.

If you'd still rather buy one, I would not go with alienware. Their systems are overpriced and over rated. If you're going to spend big bucks on a pre-built gamming system I'd go with Falcon-Northwest or Polywell.

Dells are so quiet its not even funny. I love how quiet it is. You can't even tell if its running or not if it's under a desk or something.
The reason they're so quiet is because they use low RPM fans and many of their models don't even have a CPU fan. They use the power supply fan to duct air away from the CPU. Major bad idea for a gamming machine.
Old 2004-03-13, 11:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zakaah
Private

I been waiting for a new gaming monster since god knows when but now my prayers are answed by dell shock horror. My dads work is giving him a computor and it is has a 2.6ghz intel processor and AGP 8x slot no GRFIX card suppliead and 256mb ram. Why am I w00ting, well I have an awfull lot of old PC parts. Soooo I am gonna put in my GFX 5600, 1024 ram and an Audigy 2 ZS Not quite Ultra Uber Gaming monster but more than enough to play the latest games at decent resoloutions .
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum