Thumbs up or down poll for the Flail - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because your work computer can't render 200 surgile jackwhores.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you give the Flail a thumbs up or thumbs down?
Thumbs up! The flail adds to game play 33 50.77%
Thumbs down! The flail detracts from game play 32 49.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-14, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Red October
Nothing like a pack of infils and one of them throws a jammer at it. The guy thinks "I'm going to nail that infil", jumps out with a spam weapon, heads in the direction of the jammer...only to be taken down by the rest of the pack.

Or if you feel mischievious, throw a jammer, he jumps out, you shoot him with your weak assed pistol, he heads your direction, you yank out a nade and drop it just as he finishes you off.
3 mines, and a vehicle that takes way too long to deploy in order to get away. 90% of flail gunners are too dumb to get out and try to spam you anyhow, they just try to undeploy and drive away.
Old 2004-04-14, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by Vick
Its well balanced, and I dont see to many of them because of the v-mod deal. Seems cool to me.
/agreed
Old 2004-04-14, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Flails are sitting ducks for air or heavy tanks. The only thing I would change on them is the armor which I'll readily agree is too high.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-04-14, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

Limit 6 flails per empire per cont, boom
Old 2004-04-14, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Seer
Major

Flail might actually be as dangerous to the enemy as it is to your own team if it had a targetting system that was worth two shits.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

It needs an armor nerf and a better targeting system but overall I think it makes the game better when used correctly.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
The flail if used correctly can end a battle very quickly. Just have 3 flails shell the three exits of the base and the enemy cant get out. Boom you have the CY.
Agreed but thats what makes taking an enemy base so much fun. PISSING THEM OFF

Old 2004-04-14, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Yeah, like others have said, just give it much less armor. And I mean much less. Give it the same armor, if not less than a Lightning. Allow it so that Reavers can destroy it in one pass. Also, perhaps you should make it a multiperson vehicle. And finally, making it so that it can't fire below 40 degress of the REAL horizantal, none of this deploying on hills crap and firing 50 meters away from you.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, the Flail gets misused a lot, which usually results in copious friendly fire. It really shines when you have some good spotters who can tag targets and to say when too many friendlies are present for safe shooting.
Old 2004-04-14, 10:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Cauldron Borne
Captain

I like to spot for competent flail gunners, but I gave that up when some dumass flail gunner nailed ME when i was setting up hit target. Seems he was to impatient to wait the three seconds it took to lase the friggin back door...

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-04-14, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rempel
Corporal

Could be better.

I like the idea of Planet Side FINALY getting some artillery. I've alway's been a fan of indirect combat, not becuse I suck, I just don't think the flail is the arty I was looking for. Some empire specific ordinance would be lovley. somekind of giant howitzer for NC, mabey a rocket platform that fired off a bunch of little rockets for TR and the VS can have a super soaker. Honestly the Core Combat expansion didn't add anything of value to the gameplay. 99% of the battles still occur over land and don't include AT weapons excluding the occasional flail. To this day I haven't seen anyone actualy duke it out in the caverns OR cruise around in a... scythe? Anyway The flail added that artillery aspect to the game, that's good, but the flail itself sucks, that's bad, so I give it a thumbs up for adding to the game. But it dosen't deserve it.
Old 2004-04-15, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

If you get killed by friendly flails, you're retarded. Those energy balls move so slow a crouch walking rexo with 0 stamina could get out of the way faster. Just look around once in a while, like you should be doing anyways.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-04-15, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne
If you get killed by friendly flails, you're retarded. Those energy balls move so slow a crouch walking rexo with 0 stamina could get out of the way faster. Just look around once in a while, like you should be doing anyways.
I gotta disagree with that statement. The shooter needs to have responsibility for what he is shooting at when there is line-of-sight firing going on (in other words 90% of the times the flail is fired). You can't just spam into an infantry fight or into contested doorways and not expect to hit friendlies... yet this happens ALL the time.

There is nothing more scary in this game than a n00b in your empire with a flail.
Old 2004-04-15, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I'm not saying it's not their fault at all, but every time someone dies to flail FF, they blame it on the flail user. I've never used the flail, and I've only been killed by it like 3 times.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-04-15, 07:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Oh, so if I'm rushing into a tower with a bunch of other friendlies, and a flail kills 5 rexo's, then it's our fault.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion