Faction Speific Mobile Artillerys - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: wang on tap
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-15, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Purchaseable only in the sanc!!!! Right off the air pads. That way if there is a huge battle going on its going to take a while to get one to the battle field (also it CANNOT go in the lodestar)
Old 2004-04-15, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SuperBallz
Corporal

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousFrog
TR artillery would have an 8-barrel "Nebelwerfer" style rocket launcher that, while all 8 rockets can be fired quickly, it would have a heavy reload time. It would also require a Laze designation to work properly, as the rockets would fall down at a certain trajectory to hit the lazed target, otherwise they simply travel straight, making them ineffective unless pointed at a stationary target. It would be able to fire at targets on the ground, but it's extremely long reload time would make it vulnerable once all the rockets are gone from the clip. It would be transported on a simple, truck-like vehicle (1 driver, 1 gunner), and would need to b deployed out (spikes come from the side ports of the vehicle) to fire.
Not Bad, MayBe A Trailer To Carry The Ammo. If Destroyed, Artillary = Useless.

The NC would have a massive cannon, like the "Paris" gun utilized by Germany. It would cause devestating damage where it hits, but the per-shot reload time is huge. It also will show up on radar as if it was under detection, thus giving it nearly no radar cover. Also, it would have almost no straight-fire arc, thus limiting it to laze-pointed targets. It would be transported via a massive tank-tread vehicle (driver and gunner), would need to be deployed (stabilizing pads from the sides of the artillery platform), and could only be deployed on flat ground.
Cool, If It Required One To Get Out And Lock Stability Pads Down, and To Unlock them.

The VS would have an interesting artillery piece. It would be 2-barreled, have a pretty good ROF (this to make up for its damaging means, which I will get to later), and fire energy orbs with a laser trail on them. The way that it damages is by making a cloud that causes frequent, heavy damage at anything in its radius (think super-radiator) for a short time (around 3 seconds to compensate for its not-slow-as-dirt ROF), and the actual damage zones would be pretty big to compensate for the actual impact not doing anything. It would be transported via a floating platform (artillery in the middle and 2 hover-generators at either side), and, of course, would need to be deployed in combat to be used (gravlocks coming from the hover gens).
Like It.
Old 2004-04-15, 06:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Cauldron Borne
Captain

Pretty nice stuff, but i don't think the VS artillary NEEDS a second barrel.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-04-17, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

It sounds fun. But like you say; piss easy XP. I think it should need 3 troops to dedicate time to supply, load and fire the mobile turret. Say, give it weak armor, make it slow, and defenseless when mobile. Needs to be guarded when deployed, due to it being crap at close range. (big, slow turret). Encourages teamwork and can be a very powerful asset the any offensive/defensive. My ideas are;

1 Gunner (drives, and fires the turret)
1 Commander (Aquires target from the main map [[Like setting an OS, but with more distance]])
1 Supplier. (Loads the turret. Each clip fires 3.)

What 'dya think? Time, effort, defence, teamwork.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion