Plasma or Frag? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What do you mean, no wookies?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-18, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Otherick
I prefer Farg to Plasma because 1 It damages health a bit more then plasma (at least in me past) and 2 It because its more controled that means less grief
I agree. Always used Frag myself. Very powerful for killing Troops, MAX Units, and Vehicles.
Old 2004-04-18, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
scarpas
Captain

i belive plasma is weaker but has a bigger blast radius, while frag is stronger but has a smaller blast radius.

i like all three nades, they all have thier uses, but if its just a hand nade then go with the jammer, its an awesome tool.
Old 2004-04-18, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

O F N thing is filtered because squeeky was using it WAY to often....
Old 2004-04-18, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Plasma kills a rexo in 2 direct hits. Plasma is definately superior, though you get less grief if you chance to hit a friendly with frag. The whole "frag is better at MAXs and Vehicles" is a stupid argument, if you're shooting frag nades at vehicles, you're in a bad situation anyway. I don't know the exact figures, but the amount of AV damage caused by frag cannot be that much higher than Plasma in any case, I regularly take out MAXs using plasma, doesn't seem to take any longer than using frag.
Old 2004-04-18, 10:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Personally, I found out that Frag is better if you have good aim. A direct hit with a Frag does a lot of damage. Plasma is good if you have poor aim, or if you're too far away to reliably get direct hits. That's because an enemy will always get tagged with plasma as long as he's in the splash radius of the grenade, but how far away he is from the center of the explosion doesn't seem to matter. Frag grenades, however, have splash damage that degrades the further the enemy is from the explosion center, so accurate shots mean a lot.
Old 2004-04-18, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

40 plus kills per base defense per hour with thumper grenades. You are one safe mother sitting from the battlements taking out groups with your plasma. Never tried frag, but plasma is for massive amounts of kills. 3 per rexo is a sure thing, great for supression and stopping advancement. Plasma all the way.

= Crack addict
Old 2004-04-18, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Rayder
General

Misc Info

*Sigh* Frag grenades are better for Agile and lower. Plasma is better for Rexos and MAXs. Neither are good for armor. It's as simple as that.
Old 2004-04-19, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Real Mulambo
Corporal

I had to get rid of the thumper because of the NOOB puppies who like to chase the balls.

Bounce one around a wall and off they go. Fetch boy fetch.

Major grief
Old 2004-04-19, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I wish I had the certs for SA. The Thumper is the easiest killing machince when defending a base by far.

Old 2004-04-19, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I tested it and plasma kills a rexo in two direct hits. Frag takes three. Plasma has more splash dammage. You get to see it you hit with plasma, wich is also usefull for tracking cloakers before DL charges. I love the psychological effect of plasma. It sends enemies (and stupid friendlies) running back jamming the medkit button looking for repairs. It only gets you grief if you use it in crowds. Use something like a gauss for that. Frag does less dammage, has less splash, and less psychological effect. Plasma>frag IMO.
Old 2004-04-19, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Red October
Second Lieutenant

As an infil I use grenades (hand tossed of course) pretty much exclusively. My personal experience, use plasma outside. Larger area of splash so you don't have to be too terribly acurate. Its nice to run up to a wall and lob plasma (in your case shoot) over it. Nothing like catching a few enemies running through the courtyard off guard...and with plasma, its a good chance it will happen. However, I almost never use plasma indoors, like it was said earlier, instant grief machine. Particularly in a crowded battle and someone bumps you hard and you end up throwing the nade to the wall next to you. Hurt your troops and kill yourself all with one lob. But on certain occasions its a beautiful weapon (such as a tower basement full of nc or vs)....lots of death.

Frag nades are wonderful indoors. Frag tend to be concentrated in smaller areas hence it just kind of fits in small corridors, doorways, etc. Plus less grief from the guy's that run right into the area (even though they see you lobing).

For vehicles, I usually lob a jammer on it and then follow up with frag.

Just my personal prefrence.
Old 2004-04-19, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Thumper + Plasmas + Decent skill = Awesome
Thumper + Frags + Excellent Skill = Even better

Plasmas are awesome, but when the skill is applied, frags will own.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion