Emerald TR - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Play with fire, you get burned
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-05-07, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Firefly
The widely-regarded opinion is, once the surgile was removed, a certain breed of gamers were unable to handle the trauma of having their surgile Heavy Assault rendered useless, and true to their nature, jumped ship again.
I played NC sence release, before I even knew what empire was what. I never used JH surgile, I switched because I was tired of winning all the time because of the pop imbalance.

I'm not surprised that TR picked up and started moving. It's nothing conceited like "Oh we're better organized" or "We have skill and we've always had it" or any of that BS. Although those of us who have stayed exclusive TR will tell you that we play TR because we play the game on Hard Mode... The simple truth is, it happens. Every empire eventually has its day in the sun, for some unknown reason (probably the fourth-empire). NC had it for a long time, the Vanu had it for a long time, the TR had it for a long time... the cycle never ends, truly.
TR is soooo not hard mode, I have played all three and none of them are any easier than any other. This was made up by people to make themselves feel l33ter, like they are playing the weak team.

On a final note... one could say that the NC are losing now because they gained The Enclave and lost Serious Gamers and Liberty... if one wanted to be sarcastic and insulting.
They lost Serious Gamers a while back, they have been playing Vanu.
Old 2004-05-07, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Vick
TR is soooo not hard mode, I have played all three and none of them are any easier than any other. This was made up by people to make themselves feel l33ter, like they are playing the weak team.
Whatever you say chief...SO playing against a 40+ population of surgile isnt hard?

PS. I love making myself feel l33t

= Crack addict
Old 2004-05-07, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
BDMJ
First Sergeant

Eldanesh, Diddy coined the term "operation grab-ass", but I was the one to set it in motion when I took amerish back for the NC the first time on wednesday. Breaking the vanu's hold on amerish was crucial for kicking them out of ASS.
Old 2004-05-07, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by Vick
Hmm, I very much disagree with that statement. It is a matter of fact that the TR have both the worst MAXes and the worst tank, and I feel in addition to that the Marauder and MCG are not superb as well. If having wretched MAXes, a terrible tank, and OK buggies and Heavy Assault is not 'hard mode', then I don't know what is.
Old 2004-05-07, 05:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Nereid
TR didnt have much use for surgile HA because the mcg can be used effectively from farther range. MCG can cut down someone with a jack hammer or lasher before they can get into range and the guass and pulsar can duel the chaingun at close - medium range but without much success.

i can beat an MCG user with gauss at meduim range almost all the time. for close range i can win bit not always.
Old 2004-05-07, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Manitou
I think it had to do with SilverLord leaving. As soon as he left, we started winning and the team he left started losing!

On a serious note. hehe! It was interesting to me to note that the population percentages were still fairly even during this time that the TR began a surge of victories. This indicates it wasn't simply a "zerg" type win but that we are becoming maybe more efficient. Pretty cool, though.

PS. SilverLord, just in case, please stay with the Congs a little longer, okay? Or if you have to switch, try the Barney suits next.
No offense intended but, is there some reason that anytime I make a post, it's always followed-up and perceived as some sort of anger issue by you? I mean- this has to be the fifth or sixth consecutive post I have made in this forum (notice it dropped a lot, and for this reason) where I get a follow-up talking-to. And what's more, when anyone else says the same thing I see a bunch of "hear hear!" with it.

Let me clarify this, in case anyone seems to think I'm bashing some outfit or bashing SilverLord, who I have worked side-by-side with in game with great-times-had-by-all. The very last paragraph that I made was "levity". I was being facetious. Trying my humor on for size. I even included a emoticon in case someone doubted it... and I never use emoticons.

I think I'll just slink back into The Lounge now that yet another of my posts has been blown way out of context... Roger Out.

--ff/bwc
Old 2004-05-07, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I understand FireFly, we have had our cooperative times but I misunderstood your post and thought you were bashing me because I went NC.

Mani, the next time I switch (in a year probly) will be back to the TR, they are just so cool looking.

Old 2004-05-07, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
TheN00b
Colonel

Indeed, they look and feel very cool. It's awesome when you charge retardedly into a mob of enemy grunts with your MCG, barrel blazing, and manage to take down several before being blown to shreds. Besides, throughout the fight, you're maintaining your sense of style with your awesome ski-mask-like helmet and cool armor. Good times.
Old 2004-05-07, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

N00b, don't forget the goggles.
Old 2004-05-07, 10:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I love the Rexo CR 5 TR toons, it's great. If I keep thinking about it I will have to switch backk1!11!1

Old 2004-05-07, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Now I know how NC and VS rexo users find TR infiltrators without darklight... your helmet visors have it built-in! And our goggles are just to keep the sand out when we drive the Marauder.
Old 2004-05-09, 02:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Now I know how NC and VS rexo users find TR infiltrators without darklight... your helmet visors have it built-in!
This is a problem for all cloakers since the last patch.

As for the other statements- The prowler's main gun is the best AI weapon in the game, and chews through vehicles like nothing else. The marauder is gimped, but noone uses heavy buggies other than the skygaurd much anyways. Stiker is the best infantry AA weapon in the game, MCG beats the other HA in vercitility b/c of it's range.

TR started to win and are still holding their ground because of a few things.
1) They've learned to counter the Vangaurd Collums with massive(and I do mean MASSIVE) amounts of air power, as the VS have, and rolling their own collums.
2) the populations finaly evened out. There is no denying this was a factor in many NC victories.
3) They have begun adopting the NC "Homeland deffence" strategy.
4) I haven't played my TR alt lately, so you guys may have to confirm this for me, but I suspect the TR CR5s pulled their heads out of their asses.
Old 2004-05-09, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

What is "Homeland Defence" strategy?

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-05-09, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
TheN00b
Colonel

The TR, like the NC, have adopted several continents as their 'home continents'. These continents were chosen for the same reasons that the NC chose ASS: They are easy to attack and defend from. The only difference between ASS and IFH is that IFH is a more defensible group, whereas ASS is harder to defend but has more attack-launching points.
Old 2004-05-09, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

This is not my own drawing, it was done by Hedron, but imo it does a great job of illustrating intercontinental lattice.

THe value of ASS is that it has a low number of links in. It has a mirror, FIC, but its advantage is that a majority of the bases in are nontech and more importantly biolabs/amp stations and easy to crush.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion