PSU: Can we login yet?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-07-22, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

Roger that... i told you i suck at making cheap comps...
Old 2004-07-23, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Indecisive
Major General

Originally Posted by Mag-Mower

EDIT: This is what i got from tiger direct

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tiger direct burrnsss usssss

www.newegg.com = your new best friend. Now go get aquanted. Now, I command it.
Old 2004-07-23, 10:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Mattx - You might wanna venture over to HardOCP for the "official" DM3 bench's released a few days ago. Hell its been all over the net. Yes the 6800 GT is well ahead of the the X800 XT. Now this is one game, but I did say DM3. I fully believe the XT will make some comebacks in DX games, but I think its clear the GF6 series has more than a little horsepower under their hood also.
Old 2004-07-23, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Corrosion

Misc Info

MSI's K8N Neo Platinum nForce 3 250 for teh motherboard win.
Old 2004-07-23, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
ICha0sI
Corporal

...Indeed, he is mad.
Old 2004-07-23, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Daleon
Mattx - You might wanna venture over to HardOCP for the "official" DM3 bench's released a few days ago. Hell its been all over the net. Yes the 6800 GT is well ahead of the the X800 XT. Now this is one game, but I did say DM3. I fully believe the XT will make some comebacks in DX games, but I think its clear the GF6 series has more than a little horsepower under their hood also.
Thats one game like you said, Im not denying anything about that, Hes trying to build a good comp at a decent price, modding an x800 pro to an XT is a great money saver, and plus, on most games, @1600x1200, with aa/af maxed, the xt is a few frames ahead. BUT thats current games, the difference between these gen cards is so little, it doesn't matter which one you buy, until this plays out a little longer. Once pixel shader 3 is in full motion, nvidia will really shine again.
Old 2004-07-24, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Gohan
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tiger direct burrnsss usssss

www.newegg.com = your new best friend. Now go get aquanted. Now, I command it.
^ Newegg 4 win. I've had so many awesome experiences and deals from the site I could spend 5 minutes making a list. Hell, I even got GOOD customer service from them OVER THE TELEPHONE. I couldn't fucking believe it. Anyhow, shop newegg, they kick ass.

edit- Oh and I agree with MattxMosh on all his tech tips. He went and said everything I was going to

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2004-07-24 at 08:45 AM.
Old 2004-07-24, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Mattx - So I take it your taking back your totally false "untrue" statement about what I said then? As I very clearly stated the first time "the GT is faster than the XT in DM3" and you boldly said I was wrong.

Also I wouldn't go pushing the whole haxor the Pro to XT bit. Not everyone will be into that, also only more than likely the first batch of production boards will have any kind of good success rate at doing this. Later batches of Pro's will have a much greater chance of being a board from a batch thats not stable with all pipelines enabled. Which would leave people would what I consider a Nudered board, the stock Pro.

And Electro, newegg doesn't care for Canada to much.
Old 2004-07-25, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

Mattx - So I take it your taking back your totally false "untrue" statement about what I said then? As I very clearly stated the first time "the GT is faster than the XT in DM3" and you boldly said I was wrong.
You actually said: 6800 - I would get atleat a GT/256. DM3 bench's with the GT board are rather nice, faster than XT currently.

I just read it wrong, and hell, you made your point, quit being a fan boy of Doom 3 and nVidia.

Old 2004-07-26, 04:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

how the hell am i supposed to know whos candadian and whos not?! Mag-Mower, move to the US. then you can get excellent newegg.com service.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-07-26, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Fanboy of NV? Hello, read my sig. I've been ati since the 8500 Pro, thank you very much. If anyones on the fanboy wagon, its someone on the ATI one I do believe. I go by the cold hard facts.

But thats ok, I wasn't mad or anything. Just don't like being told I'm wrong about something I know I'm not on. Besides, I'll be doing dual 6800 Ultra's lol.
Old 2004-07-26, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

I'll be doing dual 6800 Ultra's lol.

I heard ATI and nvidia are working on something just like alienwares dual card set-up, I also heard you can mix and match cards.. just imagine, TNT 2, and 6800u. THE POSSIBILITIES!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum