Pilot Ethics - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't your eyes hurt from this tiny text?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-24, 01:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
SuperSixOne
Private

you shouldnt be footzerging in the first place. go in an open place with no AA cover and you deserve to get spammed to hell. If you get a tank reavers wont be able to take you down because it takes too long. Play smart and things like reavers shouldnt bother you too much.
Old 2004-07-24, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

If its ANY FORM OF AA i will bail if possibly because AA is cheap and fairly skillless.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

/me takes deep breath

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, the grunts on the ground with the strikers, those are the skillless people in the rocketspam equation.

Edt: Oh, am i the only one who thinks pilots should have to go through a bailing animation to get out instead of just instantly appearing next to there aircraft? Same with galaxy troops and the like, its stupid that only pilots get to just magically appear outside while ground troops are often killed before they can get out of damaged vehicles. It would be much nicer if the rest of us didn't have to rely on the pilots "ethics" to determine whether we get the kill/XP we earned. Either he waits to long and he dies or he jumps to early and sometimes wastes aircraft he could have saved. Not to mention if you made speed (or even direction) fluctuate randomly on aircraft once the pilot starts the bailing sequence, it could cut down on all those skillles HA whores who cert aircraft for taxis and make real pilots look much worse.

Last edited by Incompetent; 2004-07-24 at 02:15 AM.
Old 2004-07-24, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
GraniteRok
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Much like any other aspect of this game, if I can take someone out with it, I'll use it for the good of the empire. Yes, it's not nice being on the receiving end of rocket spam but if you're in the open, you're a target. It's irritating as hell, but live with it. There's no need to say nerf Reaver Rockets because it's meant for anti-vehicle. As most players, one will use it if one has the capability to use it for any purpose. Phoenix Snipers come to mind.... antivehicle weapon to snipe infantry? Reavers are fine, leave them as they are.

As for dogfights, if I'm half shotup and am able to bug out to repair, I will. If you don't chase me down to finish the kill, then you've lost the kill. If I get to the point where I'm too shotup and there's an opportunity to bail, I will. You will still have a chance to get me on the ground. For me anyway, more often than not, you'll get the kill because usually I'll get shot down before the chance to bail (never bothered to remap the bail key so it's usually not enough time to do the alt-g sequence before dieing).
Old 2004-07-24, 02:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Actualy pilots bailing from aircraft doesnt really bothers me, what bothers me is a pilot can bail from a doomed craft easily, but an infantry guy who alt g's from his vehicle not only has to come to a near complete stop but FORCES THE VEHICLE DRIVER TO DO THE SAME.
Old 2004-07-24, 06:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

In my liberator I will shamelessly go after any gorund target, especially infantry.

Its funny because the 35mm has a faster ttk than an AA max. I only bail if I get more than 2 aircraft/AA maxs on me.
Old 2004-07-24, 06:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Eldanesh
Its funny because the 35mm has a faster ttk than an AA max.
Doesn't suprise me
Old 2004-07-24, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Air Calv isnt as easy a cert as people think. Sure its easy to grab a reaver and rocket some softies, but nothing is more challenging than a dogfight against multiple enemy aircraft or trying to fight an enemy who is well-protected by AA.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-07-24, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Doesn't suprise me

Last time I tried, liberator kills a locked down burster with half life to spare.
Old 2004-07-24, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well you have a lot more armour than a poor little MAX, you should try it half damaged so it can be a fair fight
Old 2004-07-24, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Any AA MAX who lets himself get killed by an aircraft DESERVES to die IMHO.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-07-24, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Yes, unless its a lib gunship, the 35mm can kill a max faster than it can get them

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-07-24, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Unless the bastardized Starfires decide its a good idea to jump
or the NC one turns on their shields and ducks behind a tree.
Old 2004-07-24, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Cauldron Borne
Captain

For Infantry hot drops it's REAL annoying to have the Gal kill you because it moved up or down SLIGHTLY while you dropped.

I use Air Cav. I'm pretty good at it too. I hate rocket spam. If you cert'd Air Cav for the rocket spam, you deserve to die a horrible death every thirty five seconds until you uncert it. They REALLY should nerf the Infantry killing power of the rockets. You want to kill infnatry? fine, use the 20mm. I have a load out with only ONE box of rockets. 20mm will kill infantry twice as fast with about 100x the efficiency. It only takes 20 rounds..out of 250... instead of a full clip...

And for any one who throws up this agrument: 'but it DOES take a full clip of rockets, that's balanced!' ummm...no. because you almost ALWAYS have an air pad that you can VERY quickly rearm at. Use the rockets for their intended purpose.

Oh, and I hot drop on towers when that is my goal. It's a common practice. Especially if Galaxies are hard to find. Shouldn't be penalized for that, yer finding an alternitave.

Now I'm also not saying I don't rocket spam masses of infnatry. I do it because they are all close together and the area effect works well then: snipers on a ridge. But not for some lone guy just running to hit destination.

And you blockheads with the 'If you're out in the open you deserve to get rocketspammed' speech. Use yer 20mms. Your the rocketspamming noobs. Use the 20mms. And infantry, as a rule, seek cover. We don't CHOOSE to be out there.

In short: ANYONE who has more infantry kills w/ theur reaver using rockets than anything else...is a rocket spamming killwhore noob that can't do anything in this game that requires actual skill.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-07-24, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

I bail if I get the chance, but never before my craft goes out of control. I don't let anyone kill me if I can do anything about it. You only get the xp if you work for it .

I use my Reaver for hunting vehicles and aircraft, so I don't worry about infantry much. I only go after them if there are no better targets.
Old 2004-07-24, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sputty
Banned

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word ethics
You may mean etiquette
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion