Damage - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: don't hate the player, hate the game.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: No region specific damage
Good 14 21.88%
Bad 36 56.25%
Don't know. I'll ahve to wait and see 14 21.88%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-02-06, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
MooKoo
Sergeant

i guess they changed it because i heard that you could either be shot in the head or any thing else and the head would do more dmg then any where else
Old 2003-02-06, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by SandTrout
Last time I checked, newbies weren't supposed to be able to own at a team-based FPS.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-02-06, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by MooKoo
i guess they changed it because i heard that you could either be shot in the head or any thing else and the head would do more dmg then any where else
Where'd you hear that?? (And please tell me it was from a Dev and not on the offcial forums)

...Visit {BOHICA}...

Old 2003-02-06, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

It used to be in the offical FAQ mistled. I'm disapointed that they changed it.
Old 2003-02-06, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Ok, now I'm completely confused. All I have ever heard from anyone who actually knew anything (read: SmokeJumper) was that there is currently only one hit location at all. Back in a Sept remark that he made, he added the qualifier "(so far)" to the end of his statement. Has anyone every heard him say any differently anywhere?? And if so, could you post a link to it??

...Visit {BOHICA}...

Old 2003-02-06, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

Apparently I'm loopy, but I thought I remembered some dev saying that the boltdriver would kill XX armor in X headshots. This seemed as if it was meant to be different than body shots. I don't remember where. I just thought that I saw it somewhere.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-02-06, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Sputty
Banned

I think Hamma said that a LONG time ago and he later said he was wrong by mentioning headshots. I'm pretty sure that's what happened
Old 2003-02-06, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I remember a list of how many shots it would take for each armor (they're even guessing on the official forum about this number for the maxes), but I was thinking it was just shots in general. And yeah, I guess there's the off chance that Sputty is correct.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

Old 2003-02-06, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Kyonye
Contributor
General

we must have region specific damage because we all know that getting hit in the head with a bullet will usually do more damage then getting hit in the stomach or leg.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-06, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Derv
Staff Sergeant

One argument that I just thought of for the non-region specific damage has to do with the armor.

I guess if you pretend that the armor is uber then its just a matter of the bullets getting through the armor that kills the person, and once you've fired enough shots to get through the perosn's armor they die.

I don't know if this is what the PS people were thinking or not. Maybe they just don't feel like spending time making region specific damage.

Personally I like region specific damage, it makes aiming worthwhile and just makes more sense overall.
Old 2003-02-06, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I like the armor argument for why a shot to the hand hurts the same as one to the chest. The hand has less armor, so the person is hurt more, but the hand isn't as vital an area as a chest shot. I still want head specific damage though. Getting shoot through that little clear screen on your helmet should hurt more than getting shot in the chest because the armor over the face is weaker and it is just as vital an area as the chest.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

Old 2003-02-06, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

Personaly, I think that having it the way it is, without headshots armshots, ect is good for PS. You have to look at what kind of game your playing, this isn't a squad based shooter here where u come back the next round, and its not hardcore deathmatch where u just hit a button and your back fighting. When you die it matters. Take the guns of planetside for a monet, things like chianguns and assault rifles and shotguns, lots of wepaons u can use effectivly even if you don't have the best aim. Basicaly what I'm saying is that if your making a game like this, you want your players to have as much time in battle as possible, headshots would just make it OP your dead go back to your spawn, then theres a long run back perhaps to the battle.

Realism is fun, and region damage does add realism, but this is a game, you have to think of how the game plays out first so that it can be enjoyable.

I don;t say this because I'm a n00b who can't aim, im alright and have played all the FPSs out there you can name probably, but I just hate it when realism gets in the way of the core of a game.

It's like another post someone posted on the official forums, you don't put bushes and trees in a baseball field to add "realism"

I hope you all get what im trying to say, and I totaly agree with the desicion for non-region specific damage.
Old 2003-02-06, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
�io
Lieutenant General

And i'm sure you aren't the only one, it's a matter of personal preference. I just wish they had 2 regions, body and head, or at least back and front so a sneak attack from the back is actually worth something.
Old 2003-02-06, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

Well think of a chaingun spraying at a target, theres a dang good chance your gonna hit the head, wheather on accident or on purpose. and any decent skilled skinper can take a headshot to a target in an open field, especialy somehting like a slow max armor or a enginer fixing something. a 2 hit kill to a MAX and it cant do much about it? hehe dont think the MAX would be very happy.

And yes I know you don't want your enemy to be happy, you know what i mean.
Old 2003-02-06, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zoolooman
Corporal

I think they should have a leg region, torso region, and head region.

I think head region shouldn't exist for MAXes. Just torso and legs.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion