PSU: your Karma ran over my Dogma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-02-07, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

What band is he playing with?? Just some studio guys??

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-02-07, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Sorry Civ, but you have to understand that I'm a Speed Metal fan from way back.

Slayer, Venom, Exodus, S.O.D., Deicide, Gorguts, Canibal Corpse. Stuff like that. When I want to mellow out and hear something with a slower tempo i'll pop in something like the Misfits, NOFX, Screeching Weasle, Dr. Know or English Dogs.

Don't get me wrong. I like stuff that's even Mellower then Speed Metal, or Punk but when I went and saw Perfect Circle I was expecting more Tool, and less Pink Floyd. Had I known what I was getting myself into before hand I might have enjoyed the show a little more.
Old 2003-02-07, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Oh I see, I did misunderstand A Perfect Circle never struck me as something Maynard should be a part of, but I am actually a fan of any kind of rock, including APC. I can't believe you like Audioslave if that's the case.

What band is he playing with?? Just some studio guys??
I would imagine it's similar to what Reznor does with most of his bands using alot of electronic beats and baselines. Although there probably will be a studio band, I doubt they will play a large part in any of his songs.
Old 2003-02-07, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
mistled
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh well.... I guess I was hoping for another Zack/Morello type match up.

...Visit {BOHICA}...

{BOHICA}: Giving it to Gamers, One Ass Kicking at a Time
Old 2003-02-07, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Yeah, that would be nice. I am not saying that won't happen, he has been pretty tight-lipped about his solo stuff. It may be VERY similar to Rage, I dunno.
Old 2003-02-07, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I just have to be in the right mood for melow music like Pink Floyd or some of the Audioslave tracks. Some of the other tracks like Gasoline kick much ass.

I like all kinds of music, but my tastes definnatly lean tword the harder/faster stuff.

Hell I even went and saw Neil Dimond live one, and had a great time. That dude rocks live, and given the chance I'd go again. Nothing like a stadium full of people going nuts sining along to "Sweet Caroline *BUM* *BUM* *BUM* Good times never felt so good, I been Inclined......shit I'm getting carried away, sorry
Old 2003-02-07, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Civilian
Yeah, that would be nice. I am not saying that won't happen, he has been pretty tight-lipped about his solo stuff. It may be VERY similar to Rage, I dunno.
I am not expecting much from that guy, his vocal delivery was getting steadily worse with each album.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-02-07, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
HotDogTommy
Corporal

Brad Wilk is an awful drummer?!?!?!
That sounds pretty nuts to me. Do you play any instruments Civilian?
And Lex! Tom Morello was always known for being creative with different sounds on his guitar, but the reason he stayed popular was because he wrote great riffs. He got popular before everyone saw videos of him doing weird shit with his guitar, b/c the songs were good. And besides, he's still doing different things, I can hear it on the album.
Everyone just took the band in a different direction than RATM and SG, which makes sense as its a different band. I always thought Rage would have been a good band if they got rid of Zach and just started rocking. And they did! I been waiting a long time for this.
Old 2003-02-07, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Lollapalooza is back with QOTSA, J5, Incubus and Audioslave headlining. Gonna be GREAT!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/146...headlines=true

Yes, I play guitar.

Years of Matt Cameron drumming may have me skewed but I'm just not all that impressed with Wilk. He is definitely the weakest musician in that band, and probably wouldn't make my top 50 drummers.
Old 2003-02-07, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by HotDogTommy
And Lex! Tom Morello was always known for being creative with different sounds on his guitar, but the reason he stayed popular was because he wrote great riffs.
I disagree, Morello does not crank out great riffs. What he does do is crank out interesting guitar tricks and sounds. He has run out of tricks. Raw guitar noises are better suited to a rawer sound than Audio Slave has anyways. His riffs with RATM are very simple and repetative, almost without exception.

Now he is trying to do something that is not his forte and it shows. Someone like Navarro would be a better fit for the sound Audioslave seems to want to have.

Speaking of Dave Navarro, what the hell is Perry Farrel up to these days? Is he still going on and on about "Jubilee."

Old 2003-02-08, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
HotDogTommy
Corporal

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree Lex.
Old 2003-02-08, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Old 2003-02-09, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

I have some RATM, Soundgarden and Audioslave CD's. Really good stuff. Although, I think Audioslave's new album would sound better with Rage's old singer. Chris Cornell should have stuck with Soundgarden.
Although these bands are cool, I'd have to say that "Sevendust", "KoRn", and "Tool" top all!

Edit: WOOHOO I'm a Veteran rank now!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge