What did you think? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What do you mean I cant kill a Tank with a Pistol?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-02-07, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

HERE HERE!!! Great interview, the tech stuff was no big thing!

Thanks Guys for your hard work on that interview! I enjoyed it a lot!!

I loved that TR and PSU ads!!! I hope that they will have them for dl! That was sweet (eh bubba) lol Well, we now know what the TR is all about lol!!!!

GREAT interview!!! GREAT ads!!!!

Congrats, and thanks for the hard work guys!!

-MrVulcan

=)
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-08, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
CrazyMike
Sergeant

Woah there boys.. how about you both take a cold shower.

Navaron to be honest, your thread is asking people what they thought. If all you expect is good comments then you expect too much. Bonnie is entitled to state his opinion. I will say this though, Bonnies comment towards you wasn't needed. Of course you didn't exactly shy away from an excuse to start a whole "Us vs Them" thing either. As far as I'm concerned the both of you look like a couple of school yard children.

I couldn't be around to listen to the chat but I hear it had some technical issues and that some people weren't happy with how the whole thing came off. I say boo hoo for them. If you haven't taken the time to bring something new like this to the community then you should STFU and sit down. This goes for those people who would take any opportunity to critisize Hamma for the shoutcast or even myself for the IRC chat.

Despite the efforts of a lot of people there is no "us vs them" thing. I'm not sitting over in IRC plotting against Hamma and I have faith that he's not doing that either. We're just one community who has a few vocal people who love to stir up shit. They are either too lazy or too stupid to organise something like this themselves so they have to try and bring those that do down.

Good job on the shoutcast Hamma. I'm sure you've learned a lot for the next one.

CrazyMike
Old 2003-02-08, 12:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sputty
Banned

He as trying to say that the shoutcast gave no new info. It gave lots. The majority of the questions gave new info. Lots of things were speculative and almost assured by others but there was no dev response. bonnie was basically lying for some reason. He also openly attack PSU which was uncalled for, unnecessary, and just wrong. Why would he go and attack another fansite of the same game? Also, I think everyone learned alot from it and for him to come on and so those types of things was just undiplomatic. Also, whle in IRC someone named BonnieDundee was spamming alot which is jsut sad. You'd think he'd nderstand what Hamma and the staff was going through to set this up. Also, "a few more" out of over a hundred questions isn;t very many. If it was only a few why didn't he post them? I think it's sad and basically(I wouldn;t sue penis envy as the tern but it;s fitting) Nav was 100% right. There's a difference between disliking something and just being jealous almost. I just find it odd hed post something like that
Old 2003-02-08, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Format
First Sergeant

LoL, i cant believe im reading this. Putting these interviews together isnt a simple process, and recognition and gratitude should be given to those who do them. Both recent interviews gave the public some new insight into the game, and thats what counts. Now, lets all realize that and go on drooling over PS. K?
Old 2003-02-08, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Madfish
Corporal

I haven't heard the interview yet... fell asleep in my chair!! heh.

Can't comment on the shoutcast therefore, but even if it was full of stuff we already new (hypothetically), it was a superb job getting it together. Good job PSU!

I've been sulking around the PS site since 2001... and I have to say CrazyMike and Bonnie are some of the most respected people in the community I know. Anyone calling anyone a DICK for any reason when they've given an opinion they were asked to give is OUT OF ORDER.

Bonnie's just alittle hurt about the treatment of the european / uk community concerning beta (I know I am). I don't want to start on that subject, but it still hurts we aren't mentioned after all our support from day dot. Not only that but it was 01:30am when he heard it all, so he's bound to be operating at a diminished capacity!
Old 2003-02-08, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Sputty
Banned

Did you hear what Bonnie(BTW, CrazyMike didn't say anything bad about PSU so this isn't directed to him in any way) basically said about PSU? "Amuses the newbies". I mean, tht makes no sense. He's supposed to be promoting and helping PSU not openly bashing it as if he has some immediate superiority. If he's angry with the treatment of Europeans(PS is treating it better than most gmaes) then why attack Hamma? Why not post something stupid on his own site? Bonnie wasn't stating an opinion but just getting an excuse to attack PSU. It's sad when a community "leaders"(they are that) attacks another for no reason except, basically, jealousy. We wouldn't have minded some decent things like "The tech probs were annoying" but saying no new info was given was jsut a lie. So much unknown info was given out it's great. Also 2 questions plus "a few" hardly makes a difference(The questions were hotly debated so people wanted to rest those debates) and there were over 100 questions. The PSU staff spend hours hand picking really good questions. He also tried to say alot of info that was given out earlier in HIS dev chat(of course, even though, very little info was given out) on IRC(so it was easier, but slower and more spammed and annoying) was less that I hoped for. Alot more people had that complaint as I heard in the channel. But eh decides since PSU got more info he has to flame Hamma and PSU personally and try to amke himself sound better. I think as I said earlier if he had put up good reason in a non-flamed contet(Not calling PSUers "newbies" and PSU old news) maybe we could've said "that's a valid reason" but he didn't. He came on and just insulted Hamma, The whole PSU staff. PSU itself and everyone who uses PSU. "Credit where it's due, those commercials were very funny" was the worst part. Now he jsut says the whole dev chat was bad and useless. I find that pathetic and un-apologitcal
Old 2003-02-08, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
BonnieDundee
Corporal

I'm not going to go to a full argument here. If you feel like posting anything you want a reply to, e-mail is the place for it.

I will say this though. The text dev chats were never "mine". So don't say that they were. All the credit for those is CrazyMikes.
Old 2003-02-08, 07:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Joker
Private

I haven't heard the shoutcast yet and am greatly looking forward to hearing the recording. Kudos to Hamma and all at PSU for once again providing a great service to the PS community.

As for Bonnie Dundee's comments, I don't see why they were interpreted as a flame or an attack on the PSU staff. As far as I could see, he gave credit for the interview, and stated his opinion. Sure his opinion was critical, but it was constructive in that he did not simply say the interview was bad, he gave reasons, and suggestions as to the way it could have been improved (try not to ask questions which have already been answered)

PSI's recent IRC devchat had its own problems (discussed in a thread on the OF). Having people tell you what they did or did not like about a service you provide, or something you create, is a postive thing, and the feedback allows you to provide better and better service.

Anyway, can't wait to hear the new info, keep up the good work.

Cheers

www.dreamscapevirus.com

Woah! Too much goddamn information!
Old 2003-02-08, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

I am going to say this, and I am going to step back:

Those questions we asked were taken over a period of time BEFORE either interview went down. So if there were a few "redundant" questions.. that is to be expected.

Yes, we had a 5 minute techinical difficulty, but as Murphy's Law states: "Anything that can go wrong... will"
But thanx to our great staff and support, we cleared it up and were back on air with some great stuff.

Props to Hamma and Marsman "The Detriot Radio host with a Maine Accent" for pulling that off.
Old 2003-02-08, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

PSU, PSI, PSC,

There is a misunderstanding. My comments to BonnieDundee do not apply to what he has posted here in the forum. CrazyMike, I also would like to say that I in no way would like to put down your efforts or create and us vs them thing.

However, my comments referred to Bonnie's childish behavior in IRC. It may be in your interest to get a transcipt of the chats to see how poorly and childlishy he represented you and your site. He had nothing new to offer, and simply insulted the shoutcast, it's listeners, and psu until the point where he was banned from IRC.

I personaly told him the same thing as you, that when he produced and arranged a better shoutcast, to do so, and I would listen, but untill then not to knock hamma for his efforts. I was dissappointed to think that someone as immature and irresponsable as that could be considered a leading figure in the PS community. Fortunately, the rest of the leaders such as CrazyMike, HTS, Hamma, Marsman and so on, are of a much finer cut of cloth.

Thankyou,

Navarone

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-02-08, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The fact than someone even consideres to actually bitch and moan over irc dev chats, shout casts, whatever is mindboggeling to me...... The devs are taking time to answer questions that the community has asked to the guys running the major sites.

When you think about it, its even amusing in a sad way... Guys bitching over something they get for free from other people kind enough to go thrue the effort of making it happen

Keep at it Crazy, Hamma, Mars and you guys.. I and the majority of the community love the chats and the info we get... good job =)

Edit:

Personally i enjoyed the clear ups S made about Europe, the servers here and the release. I was really worried that someone else than SOE would run the servers in Europe til yesterday.
Old 2003-02-08, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
The Shrike
Private

The music was great and the commercials were better... the answers outstanding... i just have one question..... why did i get banned for 1 day? I was warned not to ask my question about dual monitors again and I didnt but i was banned anyway.... and low and behold it was the first open question asked to Dave.... go figure..... anyway.. no hard feelings... see you in the beta (hopefully)
Old 2003-02-08, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
The Shrike
Private

I would like to say that i was most dissapointed that flying will require little or no skill... I thouroughly enjoy flying in BattleField 1942 and have honed my skills at it. I think that They should consider adding flight dynamics to the physics model if not by release then certainly as an upgrade in the future. It would add so much to the game.
Old 2003-02-08, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Zhor_Prime
Corporal

who writes your commercials? i thought they were very well done and acted out as well as incredibly commical (you shot me in the buttox! )

overall i think that all the people did a very sweet job putting this together and you all deserve a big atta-boy!
Old 2003-02-08, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Hamma
PSU Admin

In my mind this just proves that there are 2 sections of the community which are night and day. PSU didnt head over to PSI and start flaming mike for his efforts. I commend those who attempt to unite this community. Its unfortunate there are more people who will never accept PSU for what we have made it.

You're loss.

That is all I am going to say on the issue, thank you everyone for your good comments.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge