Assault Buggies - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: we be off da' hizzy
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-03-30, 06:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Scikar
Private

Making the empire specific buggies immune to mines could be a start then? Immune as in not setting them off, at least. It makes sense from the Thresher point of view anyway.

I was thinking of the same thing for ATVs as well, but with ATVs down to 1 cert point I've seen plenty of them kicking around (though I haven't seen many people following me in running Fury raids against BFRs, and hunting down wounded tanks as they pull back for repairs. It would be nice if ATVs had to be closer to mines to set them off though.

EDIT: BTW, the Marauder makes the perfect anti-BFR tool when given a chance. You've got enough speed to get around the back of the BFR, a 12mm to knock out its shield gen, and a nice Ground Pounder to finish the job. The trouble is, any mines near that BFR and you're toast, a flight variant will just fly off if it gets into trouble, and a gunner variant with any half decent gunner can toast you even if you are behind it.

Last edited by Scikar; 2005-03-30 at 06:39 AM.
Old 2005-03-31, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Well, the Mines in Planetside aren't normal mines that you'd find in <shock> real life </shock>, they're actually Proximity mines.

So, the game lore reason that everything sets them off, even hover vehicles, is that they detect an enemy object within their radius, and detonate. Hell, even aircraft can set them off (which is annoying in my Mossie).

A fun way to use this proximity feature, is that the mines are set off when you enter their sphere of detection. Yes, this sphere goes through objects. See where I'm going?

Enemy-mined bridge + enemy vehicle over it + you going under it = fun. Also a rather effective way of demining without jammers/emps/taking damage.
Old 2005-03-31, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Scikar
Private

Originally Posted by jsloan31
Well, the Mines in Planetside aren't normal mines that you'd find in <shock> real life </shock>, they're actually Proximity mines.
Yes, I am aware of this. It's not hard to consider a field generator which disrupts the detonator or trigger of the mine though, which would be installed in the buggies.
Old 2005-03-31, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

My Enforcer is never abandoned. But it gets stolen or destroyed when I leave it alone for 5 minutes. The Harasser is damn good when you are alone and you need to get to a base under the radar...in Rexo.

Old 2005-04-01, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
HorusBickle
Private

i actually like the harraser. i like the no radar aspect. and it is faster than h e double hockey sticks.
Old 2005-04-01, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

I'll pull a rasser for one of two scenarios, 1: transportation, 2: it's name
Old 2005-04-01, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
HorusBickle
Private

i like driving it, although i will concede that that is ONLY after many many (way too many really) attempts at driving it. its handling is super fast, and actually really responsive once you get used to it. i love taking it somewhere real hilly and tearing off all the jumps i can find.
Old 2005-04-02, 06:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

A Harasser is the ultimate vehicle for a team of snipers. I like to tag-team snipe with my brother Knightwyvern or Secondraven, and nothing beats a vehicle like the Harasser to get you to a great sniping spot without getting you lit up on radar in the process. Its trunk is also big enough to carry a few extra bolt driver rounds without cutting into the ammo supply too much, and its pretty damn good at shooting down aircraft with that 12mm gun. Also makes for a quick retreat if a Magrider decides to come give us snipers a visit.

We do similar runs with the Enforcer and Skyguard, but the Enforcer is a bit weak in the AA dept, the Skyguard can't always be pulled due to tech, and both are easily spotted on radar. Harasser wins the Snipers Choice award.

Edit- a cool little trick I've found is to use the Harasser as cover when sniping. You can easily snipe at targets right through the cockpit by sitting on Driver circle and firing through the vehicle. If the enemy pulls out AV, just hit G and get out of there. Damn its a fun little vehicle.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2005-04-02 at 06:27 AM.
Old 2005-04-02, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I call that the Jackal trick, if you ever saw the movie you know why.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion