AGN: PS Chat - Outfit Roundtable - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It will push your button.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-21, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
mikkyT
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Nice one omnipotentkiwi also another question: What is the process for creating an outfit / administering and outfit going to be like. Can we possibly have some screen shots of the interface for creating your outfit etc?
Old 2003-02-21, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
SilentCacophony
Master Sergeant

I'd still like to see some sort of communication between leaders of outfits in seperate factions. i.e. in case the VS have locked down a continent, or are about to, the TR and NC can band together, albeit temporarily, and combine forces to fight back the VS.
Old 2003-02-21, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

I think that that will happen by itself, no need to talk to anyone, if you see a one thats locked, wouldnt you try and get it unlocked? I think that once one is locked, both sides will hit it hard over and over again, at different spots from here to the moon, it will be very hard to keep it locked.
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-21, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
MarkHawk
Corporal

The Hawks Which is now a large part of the well known and well orginized NCCT which if you don't know has a lot of Outfits united together and the Hawks as well. We actully have held little topics like this discussing such things as base placement, possible attacks on a lock down base and such. So Hawks would like to attend and we do appeal to a very large crowd.
Email me at [email protected] or send me a private message.
Old 2003-02-21, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
afex
Contributor
Major

iv needs to be in there to reprahzent
Old 2003-02-21, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Oh!

I wonder if the devs will let us pre-register outfit names during, or before the open beta or something, so that the outfit names will not be taken by rand people once the game comes out.

It would be quite annoying to have to change your name the 1st day the game comes out just because someone just got the game and decided he would create an outfit that had the same name as yours, and you already have a large amount of people that have been using that name for months...
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-02-21, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm sure servers will be wiped for final release.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-02-21, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
HeadhunteR
Private

sounds fun
rawr
Old 2003-02-22, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
HollowPoint
Private

Originally posted by afex
iv needs to be in there to reprahzent

and whatever your bloody TR outfit is
Old 2003-02-22, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Terran Elite Airborne Regiment

i dont belive that my outfit is large enough to have a rep. go but even so there are a lot of questions about how exactly an outfit would work in game, and how to creat squads within the outfit that would provide different essentials such as Assualt, Recon, Infiltration, Support,ect. How would you get the different squads to react when u need them 2 inorder to get the mission done right for a higher chance of success. Also the opcenter needs to have like outfit management tools that actually let you see ur members rank, and then splits then in "recon force" if thats what their squad within ur outfit is named. I still think that there should be like outfit bases within the game, that like towers have like a symbol for ur outfit if u get permission from your empire to create a base of operations and that way it would be harder to capture diifernt towers as they are controlled by outfits who want to keep their bases.

Dark- MERCY ??? PEACE??? ..."stop making up words!!!"

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-02-22, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by HollowPoint
and whatever your bloody TR outfit is
i'm on the "afex doesn't play for nobody" team
Old 2003-02-22, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
VegetaVarnay
Private

Well, since there are not a lot of questions out there for those Outfit Leaders (that get chosen) I will post some. And yes Mars if you read my PM I did say I would let the community post questions but since there are not too many I might as well help

1. Which Empire is your Outfit Fighting for and Why?

2. How did you come up with your Outfit Name?

3. Which server is your Outfit planning to fight on and Why?

4. Are you going to allow anyone in your Outfit or will you have some requirements?

5. Is there going to be a Cap on the amount of players you let in your Outfit? If yes why/ if no why?

6. Why should anyone join your Outfit?

7. What makes you a Leader? What Experience or Qualifications do you have?

8. Do you have anything you want to say to the other Outfit Leaders in your Empire?

9. Do you have anything you want to say to the other Outfit
Leaders that are in the other Empires?

10. WHAT SIDE!!!!????? (sorry I could not resist)
"Defend Freedom"
Old 2003-02-23, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
TheStimmedMedic
Private

)=

noooo my idea lol.....i did this but a while ago but it hasnt gotten ne attention from the vanus yet
Old 2003-02-23, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Flashingfish
Forbidden Leader

I do have one sort of idea; a type of "blacklist".

Seeing as there are only a few servers people can play on, griefers could be a more potent problem. I'm not talking about TKing, because this can be picked up by the grief point system, but other forms of grief such as swearing, spamming etc., and mainly being a bastard ;p

So, if outfits have a big problem with a certain person, his/her name could be posted on this "blacklist", and the details could be made available to anyone who genuinely wanted to find out about them. This would be useful for outfits wanting to check up on the history of a recruit - to make sure they won't do anything untrustworthy.

This system could also be used in the other extreme; people looking for an outfit to join could enter themselves into a database, with details etc. Then outfits looking for members could choose certain criteria such as location, age, preferred ps role, and then be presented with a list of people who match these.

Just some ideas to discuss =]

Old 2003-02-23, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Well I understand where you are coming from, but I do not think that would work.
People would get posted on that for innocent things, I could see that list going on 4ever after a few days of playing. Someone would get mad at someone else, tell his friends what he "did" and so on, and poof he is on the blacklist.
Nope, I think that it should be just on what you actually do, not on what someone thinks of you. What if the griefers just started trying to put you on the black list since you put one of them there? I think that we should stick to real values. I think that Griefers will be easy enough to find the way it is.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion