Mini Games - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because fictional worlds have facts too!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-13, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Senyu
First Lieutenant

Re: Mini Games

Originally Posted by LordReaver View Post
Why would you want mini games to be only in the sanctuary? That doesn't make any sense. It would be stupid to add mini games and then restrict them to an area where you spend a tiny fraction of your time.
Downtime isn't always during hacks, maybe the flight slowed down, maybe you are waiting on somebody, maybe you are guarding some little backwater area.
Because I dont think minigames should really be in the game. Ya downtimes suck but they happen and I dont want to have the devs try to make every single second on the game cater the player so their not "bored" during downtimes. Planetside has the most epic moments and that is traded off for some boring sit around do nothings. Hopefully with more players it this will be less like for hacks because people will be trying to take it back.
Old 2011-06-13, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Vancha
Colonel

Haven't we already discussed ways to cut down on the boring? Especially with the 15-minute base hacks?

I don't see any need to restrict a duel system to sanctuaries (which supposedly aren't going to be in Planetside2), but hopefully they'll improve upon the boring parts of gameplay enough that the need for a duel system will be minimal/non-existent.
Old 2011-06-13, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Naeadil
Corporal

If you are one of the newbies who guard a CC for 15 minutes that will be uncontested 99% of the time, than you deserve to suffer downtime.
Old 2011-06-13, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Punker
Corporal

Great idea, expect to see us resecuring a base at 3mins while the empire "holding" the hack are all killing themselves in duels.
Old 2011-06-13, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Naeadil View Post
If you are one of the newbies who guard a CC for 15 minutes that will be uncontested 99% of the time, than you deserve to suffer downtime.
Thank you for highlighting why 15 minute uncontested hacks shouldn't exist.

Originally Posted by Punker View Post
Great idea, expect to see us resecuring a base at 3mins while the empire "holding" the hack are all killing themselves in duels.
Did you even read the thread? The whole point of Reaver's idea is so people avoid killing each other while dueling during downtime, which is what happens now.
Old 2011-06-14, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
Thank you for highlighting why 15 minute uncontested hacks shouldn't exist.
You can't force people to battle and you can't force the flow of battle. They do exist. They will always exist as long as there's a 15min timer. It happens. Deal with it. Why does this bother you if someone else WHO IS NOT YOU wants to guard a CC for 15min?

Did you even read the thread? The whole point of Reaver's idea is so people avoid killing each other while dueling during downtime, which is what happens now.
And? It's their game. If they want to kill each other, let them. It's not hurting you.
Old 2011-06-14, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
You can't force people to battle and you can't force the flow of battle. They do exist. They will always exist as long as there's a 15min timer. It happens. Deal with it. Why does this bother you if someone else WHO IS NOT YOU wants to guard a CC for 15min?
No. They don't exist and it doesn't happen (yet). Once again, this is not the Planetside forum. I doubt you'll find anyone who wants to sit at an uncontested CC for 15 minutes, hence the reason there's more than one thread in this forum asking how 15-minute uncontested hacks can be "fixed" in Planetside2.

And? It's their game. If they want to kill each other, let them. It's not hurting you.
Did you even read the post I was replying to? I was in no way saying people shouldn't be able to kill each other if they want to, which you'd know if you'd made any attempt to follow the conversation.
Old 2011-06-14, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
SgtMAD
Captain

you ppl are going to get wiped out in PS2,all this crying about guarding hacks is comical
Old 2011-06-14, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Just because 15 minutes hacks are uncontested now, doesn't mean it was this way when the game came out. In fact it was quite the opposite, stop comparing the state of the game now to when the game was actually very good.

The 15 minute timer is fine.
Old 2011-06-14, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

No. They don't exist and it doesn't happen (yet).
I'm talking about uncontested 15min hacks. Not whatever the hell you thought I was talking about. 15min uncontested hacks do exist. I've sat through them - why? Because people like me will find an uncontested 15min hack with nobody guarding it, and will go steal it back. Because there are people like me in the game, who do that sort of thing, I am fully aware that it does happen - so I will gladly park for 15min, make sure that it doesn't happen to us, and whilst I'm waiting for the hack I'm doing something else with my time - like replying to troll threads on PSU, feeding my son, putting finishing touches on my Space Marine costume, having sex with someone's mom, or enjoying a rum and coke.

Originally Posted by Logit View Post
Just because 15 minutes hacks are uncontested now, doesn't mean it was this way when the game came out. In fact it was quite the opposite, stop comparing the state of the game now to when the game was actually very good.

This.
Old 2011-06-14, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Naeadil View Post
You are an idiot
Originally Posted by Punker View Post
That's the point, the way it is now, people just hack and leave. Nobody wants to sit around because its boring.
Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
you ppl are going to get wiped out in PS2,all this crying about guarding hacks is comical
This one doesn't even make sense. Why would we get wiped out? How is that relevant to this discussion? Why would your logic only apply to PS2 and not PS? Who is crying? I only see a discussion here..

Even with poplocks there will be uncontested bases. However, you are completely ignoring the fact that there are backwater fights. I'm sure you are more than familiar with the term "ghost hacking". Well, sometimes those people who ghost hack, come back to undo a resecure. I started playing the game in August 2003, I know damn well what the game used to be like. In fact, if you played back then, then you should remember that there would be multiple fights like current day fights in combination with 1 or 2 poplocks.
I'm talking about uncontested 15min hacks. Not whatever the hell you thought I was talking about. 15min uncontested hacks do exist. I've sat through them - why? Because people like me will find an uncontested 15min hack with nobody guarding it, and will go steal it back. Because there are people like me in the game, who do that sort of thing, I am fully aware that it does happen - so I will gladly park for 15min, make sure that it doesn't happen to us, and whilst I'm waiting for the hack I'm doing something else with my time - like replying to troll threads on PSU, feeding my son, putting finishing touches on my Space Marine costume, having sex with someone's mom, or enjoying a rum and coke.

This.
This is exactly the reason for a minigame. The dueling system kills two birds with one stone. It gives people something to do during downtime, while simultaneously improving the dueling system.

Last edited by LordReaver; 2011-06-14 at 06:56 PM.
Old 2011-06-14, 09:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Vancha
Colonel

I'm talking about uncontested 15min hacks. Not whatever the hell you thought I was talking about. 15min uncontested hacks do exist. I've sat through them - why? Because people like me will find an uncontested 15min hack with nobody guarding it, and will go steal it back.
Well then, I take back what I said. I wasn't aware Planetside2 had people playing it yet, considering that is the game under discussion (what with this thread being in the Planetside2 forum and all).

Of course there weren't as many, but they certainly existed. I remember sitting at them on VS when I first started the game.

Originally Posted by HtSgtMAD View Post
Constructive as always, Sergeant. I'm looking forward to seeing you invent "shooting" in PS2.
Old 2011-06-15, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Senyu
First Lieutenant

There will always be some sort of down time, and honestly dueling as small as it would be wouldn't solve it. This isn't WoW.

But if some people really want it don't see why it cant be added, some ppl like things other don't like
Old 2011-06-15, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Raymac
Brigadier General

You guys really wanna get this worked up over a mini-games debate? I know the deeper issue is dealing with downtime, but still. At this point, for all we know every base will be an llu.
Old 2011-06-16, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Senyu View Post
There will always be some sort of down time, and honestly dueling as small as it would be wouldn't solve it. This isn't WoW.

But if some people really want it don't see why it cant be added, some ppl like things other don't like
Don't understand what WoW has to do with this. People duel in PlanetSide, happens all the time. Facilitating it, and adding to it makes the game more fun.
Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
You guys really wanna get this worked up over a mini-games debate? I know the deeper issue is dealing with downtime, but still. At this point, for all we know every base will be an llu.
It's better to bring things up before it becomes an issue, wouldn't you agree? Isn't the whole point of this section of the forum to discuss what the next game should be like and how to solve issues?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion