Strong Concerns about Planetside 2 at Fan Faire 2011 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now accepting knolls.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-06-28, 04:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Re: Strong Concerns about Planetside 2 at Fan Faire 2011

Ah, that's an interesting perspective. Yes, I think I see your point. And of course you're right- I have no particular attachment to accusing Smedley of lying (unless I believe that the evidence points to it). It would be just as comfortable for me to believe that he was hasty or that he was misinterpreted, if the evidence made that appear more likely. So I appreciate your mapping out of the events as you've laid them down.

And yes, the Tears of Disappointment valve is presently set to "off," but that flow could start up at any moment; the pressure is building o.O
Old 2011-06-28, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by LZachariah View Post
Smedley said that in a public statement; "We" consists of anyone who reads it. He told us, even if implicitly, because he told it to video game journalists (whoever they were, I can't remember who was interviewing him).
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ng-This-Spring

He then told me that I could say that he "hinted" that the new Planetside was imminent, which translates to 99% of a confirmation.
This is why I believe everything else was meant to be off the record, not to mention it's the writer that jumps to the conclusion of 99% of a confirmation.

The article's full of quote shards, but who knows how many qualifiers and conditions got cut out. It just feels to me like the whole article was jumping the gun in trying to create buzz.
Old 2011-06-28, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

If it was all a mistake, then they should have really tried to clear it up by dropping a line here on the forum for example. That's all it would have taken. But hey, they are the professionals, they surely know what to do (or not to do) ...

Edit: Or SOE should have told the site that hosted the interview to correct the mistake. Surely they would have been aware that there was a 'mistake'. But that's all senseless speculating. Let's look forward and not backward.

Last edited by BlazingSun; 2011-06-28 at 10:35 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion