Greetings! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How I cert agile?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-09, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Greetings!

Great to see you here Matt, thanks for all the info you guys gave us from the Fan Faire, still sifting through it all.

Don't think I've been this excited about a game before.

p.s. You could always tell your better half that since everyones seen you at the fan faire your hairs been trademarked by SOE

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2011-07-09, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Raymac
Brigadier General

Higby, thank you so much for unveiling Planetside 2, and showing us the really amazing direction you are taking it. Also, I think I can speak for all Planetside fans when I say "Good Luck". We hope this game will be as successful as it is ambitious.

Seeing you talk about the game, I really get a great sense of comfort and excitement. I'll be looking forward to every update.
Old 2011-07-09, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
BlazingSun
Sergeant Major

Hello.

I hope your visit here will not only be a short plessure and you will visit und join us more often in the coming months.

While I'm aware that the people on this forum are only a fraction of the new playerbase and our opinions are not necessarily equal to those of the average gamer, I still think that we can help to push the game into the right direction in certain areas if SOE chooses to listen to us now and then.

Just a word of warning though. To a certain degree some of the old PS Dev teams tried to put some player ideas into the last game as well, which brought us BFRs, Core Combat, the wasp, and some other lesser evils. Not only the idea matters, but also how you implement it. I'm just saying.
Old 2011-07-09, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Good to see developers who care, good luck with development!
Old 2011-07-09, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Hey! It's good to see higher-ups getting in contact with the low folk ^^

Originally Posted by Planetside View Post
Welcome....quick question

Are you guys considering headshots?
I second this question. Please do not add headshots...
Old 2011-07-09, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Bruttal
Sergeant Major

Hi matt, I know your no stranger to PSU but now we can officially welcome you!. if you haven't already check out our ps:next wishlist theres alot of trash in there but there are some cool things .
Old 2011-07-09, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Mirror
First Sergeant

Welcome to PSU Matt!

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2011-07-09, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zulthus
Colonel

Welcome Matt, glad to see the developers interacting with and listening to the community.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Always great to see dev involvement with the community. Glad to have ya around PSU man!
Old 2011-07-09, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
MgFalcon
Captain

Welcome to the best community that has kept me informed for the past years on PS stuff and what-not. My only suggestion for y'all is to hire some extremely attractive girls [3] for a poster-marketing campaign (VS, TR, NC themed of course). Hands down: best marketing campaign yet.

I cannot wait for the sequel of the best game I have ever played (in my life). Also please be sure that long-ago vets get the credit we deserve
Old 2011-07-09, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

And bang, you just got as high on my eternal respect list as T-Ray and Scott Brown (End games, former NetDevil), simply because of that Reddit QnA that happend a few minutes ago. Never seen something like that done by a guy in your position. Awesome, just awesome.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Bags
Lieutenant General

Ye, it's amazing how much less pessimistic the community becomes when we actually get information, even if we don't like it. ^_^
Old 2011-07-09, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
MooK
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Hey PSU!

As you may have surmised I'm Matt Higby, the creative director for Planetside 2. I've been lurking on these boards for a long time and I'm really stoked to finally be able to talk about Planetside 2 outside the confines of our office.

As is often the case with these things, our revelation of Planetside 2 and some of the systems and features of the game has spawned even more questions than it answered. I'll definitely be around to clarify some points where I can and I'm looking forward to being able to give you guys some direct, exclusive looks into the development process for the game in the near future as well.

I've been really happy to see that the majority of the folks on this board are excited by what we've revealed and I'm sure that as we start showing you guys more of where we're heading that some of the holdouts will come around too. We've got a solid direction with PS2 that the team is really excited about and things are really coming together amazingly well.

Anyways, I just wanted to pop in, introduce myself and let you know that this is an incredibly important community to us and we are here and we are listening.

Thanks all, until next time!
I'm both surprised and impressed that this development team has so far characterized such passion for this game, and also a willingness to interact with the community. I hope that even in the face of such a difficult job, you and your fellow developers maintain that passion and willingness to interact. Good luck, and don't let the whole "everyone is expecting this to be the greatest game" thing get to you. Seriously this had better be the greatest game I've ever played.

Head on down to the IRC some time, heh.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Aractain
Major

Hello. No pressure overseeing Planetside's future btw.......
Old 2011-07-09, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I like chicken sammiches.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion