SOE PS Banning's Unanswered Questions. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm so confused.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-07-25, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: SOE PS Banning's Unanswered Questions.

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Lag doesn't really trip hack-detection, generally speaking (unless they have specifically factored that in). It's a factor, yes, but one which is taken into account because of the staggering variety in connection types, providers, and pings. SOE isn't staffed by incompetent dumbasses, not completely.

Everything this dude says he runs, I have running. And I play an honest game. Never been banned, suspended or warned. I got a /tell once from CSR-DanB but I told him to go fuck himself. Nothing ever came of that, either.
I was on my brother's NC CR5 and nuked a vterm with about 20 NC at it. I immediately logged off after. Though I think either DanB was on or he was in the crowd I nuked. The house phone rang at like 10 PM at night. My mother screamed up the stairs DanB needs to talk to Tunrips who the fuck is turnips lol (she sounded mad too). Neither of us spoke to him, but I think he was mad . I didn't stop laughing for about 10 minutes.
Old 2011-07-25, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Presuming that's a real story, I'd call that a gross violation of privacy and a stunningly disturbing abuse of duty.
Old 2011-07-25, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Yes the story is true. Any time I had any (attempted) contact with a CSR from PS due to doing something "bad". I am still shocked to this day he called the house that quickly. Do they normally even do that?
Old 2011-07-25, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I don't work for SOE so I couldn't tell you. Bioware-Mythic's support is in-game only. The only out-of-game contact we had was if we sent an email to the account's registered email. Personal contact was expressly forbidden.

Now from a Planetside player's perspective, I've received email notification that my issue was being addressed, or in-game contact. That's the extent of my contact. So I don't know if they personally contact you, but my guess would be no. So, if CSR-DanB did call you, he was probably in violation of company policy, especially if it was to yell at you for OS'ing him.
Old 2011-07-25, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Haha. Shame I should of pursued that more. Oh well.
Old 2011-07-25, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
CaineDeSoulis
Private

****UPDATE*****
Response Customer Service Supervisor via Email 07/25/2011 09:38 AM

Greetings,

This is Lead GM Praesum. Your account was suspended for 7-8 days on 07/21/2011 because our hack logs indicated that your account was using an altered/assisted game client to access our servers and gain an unfair advantage on other players. Our logs were triggered several times throughout the day on 07/21/2011 from this account.

As a follow up to your other account, there are no hack log entries for the Ph33P account.from 07/22/2011 to today.

All this being said, I have decided to release your account a little early from the original 7-8 day time frame. It is now available for play. Please be sure to un-install all PlanetSide game clients, and re-install fresh only using the official client from SOE.com.

As for your legal inquiries, if you wish to pursue through legal channels, you can have your legal representative contact our legal team.

Best Regards,

Lead GM Praesum
Customer Service Supervisor
Sony Online Entertainment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Customer Ph33P soe via CSS Web 07/25/2011 01:58 PM

Hello, And Thank you for the quick response and the time invested by yourself and of your team. I appreciate the suspension being lifted early but i still have some concerns. Namely Will the Account CaineDeSoulis be considered "In Good Standing" in accordance with the SOE TOS? Is it possible to have this account monitored to confirm my latest re-install (from the link provided) of the planetside client. Is in fact operating as it is intended without infraction's. Since my aspirations for reopening this account was to eventually become a beta tester I feel this may have jeopardized my opportunity's to achieve this goal. As for legal inquiry's I believe you TOS prohibits any such formal action from myself.

~Sincerely, Phillip Clayton
Old 2011-07-25, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

I always love when players threaten legal action (or even the merest mention) - that's an immediate ending to the issue because once you do that, CSRs are usually prohibited by policy from discussing the matter further. Makes their job so much easier.

Let me translate this for you:

"because our hack logs indicated that your account was using an altered/assisted game client"
-- One of your Planetside files was modified in such a way that you would have been able to cheat. Like maybe fly, or be invincible, or move underneath world geometry.

"to access our servers and gain an unfair advantage on other players."
-- Meaning your character was able to fly, be invincible, deal massive one-shot damage to tanks, or other crazy shit like that. Or warp around the map. Or go under world geometry or inside of it.

The fact that you GOT OFF LIGHT with a 7-day SUSPENSION (you didn't get banned) tells me that SOE is, indeed, in dire enough straits that they won't outright terminate your account. Usually most game companies will straight-up perma-ban you. On top of that, they were generous enough to lift the suspension. So, again - they wouldn't have stuck it up your ass if they weren't sure. Now at this point they're being nice. So whatever the fuck you did, you should probably NOT DO IT again.
Old 2011-07-25, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

@OP: Shut the fuck up, you got off easy as firefly said. Deal with it.

Also, you're being petty as hell for even thinking of legal action. also, if any actual SOE CSRs read this, feel free to outright permanently ban asshats like him. I hate hackers. I hate them more than I hate the trees in PS1.

Last edited by p0intman; 2011-07-25 at 05:14 PM.
Old 2011-07-25, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

what did we learn today: dont run muturrent while playing planetside. and crying for legal actions make you look more like a coward.

edit: last game i got banned from (using a bot) i didn't waste all this time trying to get unsuspended. i owned up to my mistake, and i left with a loss. i didnt bitch out and threaten legal action

Last edited by krnasaur; 2011-07-25 at 05:49 PM.
Old 2011-07-25, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by krnasaur View Post
what did we learn today: dont run muturrent while playing planetside.
Again - I run multiple programs on my quadcore uber1337 gaming rig when I play, mainly because my bad-ass computer and my bad-ass FiOS can handle it - and part of this involves running the same programs that the OP has mentioned. In addition to that, I run Ventrilo or Teamspeak, WinAmp, Steam, Xfire, Trillian, Google Chrome, a PDF (I read whilst waiting on Gal-drops). Frankly I don't buy the excuse that one of these programs caused the OP to get busted.
Old 2011-07-25, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
CaineDeSoulis
Private

Again Your opinions are your own. but hacking isn't something i personally do nor do i condone. The legal team comment was to find out more about SOE Terms of Service Agreement and possibly to petition its change. As stated Section II point D Consent To Monitor does *NOT* have a non-disclosure or a disclosure agreement meaning they can look into your system's *ENTIRE* Hard Drive and store that data on their servers if they so wish it. Anyone else worried about that? anyone here ever red the TOS? kinda scary if you think about it. BTW everyone here gave up the right to press any kind of charge when they clicked accept. and you are right it would be petty to sue over being suspended for 8 days lol. again I'm not doing all of this for multiple days in order to play planetside. its because its the right thing to do. Edit* according to the last message from a gm it was the game client itself. of which i downloaded from station on 7/21/2011

Last edited by CaineDeSoulis; 2011-07-25 at 06:13 PM.
Old 2011-07-25, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Presuming that's a real story, I'd call that a gross violation of privacy and a stunningly disturbing abuse of duty.
DanB was a psycho company nazi. The story is entirely possible given his elevated authority.

Old 2011-07-26, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Bravix
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by CaineDeSoulis View Post
Again Your opinions are your own. but hacking isn't something i personally do nor do i condone. The legal team comment was to find out more about SOE Terms of Service Agreement and possibly to petition its change. As stated Section II point D Consent To Monitor does *NOT* have a non-disclosure or a disclosure agreement meaning they can look into your system's *ENTIRE* Hard Drive and store that data on their servers if they so wish it. Anyone else worried about that? anyone here ever red the TOS? kinda scary if you think about it. BTW everyone here gave up the right to press any kind of charge when they clicked accept. and you are right it would be petty to sue over being suspended for 8 days lol. again I'm not doing all of this for multiple days in order to play planetside. its because its the right thing to do. Edit* according to the last message from a gm it was the game client itself. of which i downloaded from station on 7/21/2011
So THATS how the naked shots of my girlfriend got on the internet. Damn SOE stole it off my computer!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion