PSU: dirt > mold > vanu
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2011-08-24, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Tigersmith
Major

Misc Info

im not gonna lie MW2 very fun. But the cod series is such garbage. It hurts other good small fps games.

Very sad. And all of my friends play this stupid game. it's legit the easiest game ever. I have a 3.0kd with 100k kills on ps3. Its good for entertainment but other then that. I won't be playing this any more
Old 2011-08-24, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zulthus
Colonel

Re: MW3

I don't mind the COD series at all; what I hate is how it influences pretty much EVERY other FPS out there these days. I was looking foward to Crysis 2, but guess what? Killstreaks (UAV, gunship, and an airstrike.), create a class, challenges. Battlefield 3 and PS2 are my last hope for the FPS market. All other games feel like garbage to me.
Old 2011-08-24, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Sadly the game is very very very very simplistic. So the gameplay was never really that special. And now they've gotten lazy, MW3 is just an expansion pack for MW2. Its even hard to call it that, i've seen more innovation and change in xpacs from Blizzard than i see in the entirely "new" games in the CoD series.

They are gettin into the "Madden Syndrome" where you release games every year and really only change 5% or less of the game if that, and still call it a sequel. Hopefully BF will stomp em good or atleast give em a good beating so they have to start being creative again. Being a monopoly makes ya lazy, again look at madden and its monopoly to see why its stagnated.

But its not about makin good games, its about makin games people will buy like mindless zombies. They've gotten that down. I may not like the dull gameplay of CoD, but its not terrible. However its now very old and boring and really in need of some innovation and an actual sequel for once, not just an expansion pack they label a sequel.
Old 2011-08-24, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
krnasaur
First Lieutenant

Can we just have a new timesplitter's game?
Old 2011-08-24, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by krnasaur View Post
Can we just have a new timesplitter's game?
ooh yes please! and i want the level editor brought back too! =)
Old 2011-08-26, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Accuser
Sergeant Major

I don't really do deathmatch games... running around in circles shooting at anything that moves isn't my style. I guess there are some people that are into that, but it's not for me. I don't see how that can compare to the tactical maneuvers that are required to win a Battlefield fight, whether it's destroying objectives or holding control points. Add in the -glorious- graphics, expansive maps, and destructible environment (read: no grenade spam behind invincible cover) and Battlefield dominates the non-MMOFPS competition.

Last edited by Accuser; 2011-08-26 at 01:23 AM. Reason: grammar

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion