PSU: Penis Sock Unwrappers
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-03-03, 07:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Originally posted by Arshune
North Korea routinely threatens the U.S. whenever they want something, however I think they're going to end up biting off more than they can chew this time...Bush=militant like woah.
They're the only country ever to beat the American war machine and you think they will be biting off more than they can chew?

Old 2003-03-03, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

Good point Mtx, except we would be destroying key points with guided missles, not trying to defend SK.
Old 2003-03-03, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

How did NK beat the USA?? No, China entering the war, forced us to back off, or use nukes.. we backed off....

Old 2003-03-03, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Arshune
Captain

Originally posted by Mtx
They're the only country ever to beat the American war machine and you think they will be biting off more than they can chew?
Vietnam did too, I don't care that China helped 'em, they still did it...and the Korean War ended in a bloody stalemate, not a defeat.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-03-03, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Revolution:

They need such a large army so that once they come to the throne as a competing superpower, the US will think twice about challenging them. China is going to be a real problem in the decades to come. Perhaps the US will go the way of the Romans...

Rest of you:

North Korea is a big problem. China, Russia and the rest of NATO have already stated that any action taken by NK deemed hostile without US provocation would mean immdiate retaliation by the aforesaid nations. NK won't chance it. If they are foolish enough, let them try. I've had enough communistic-like rule that side of the world.

NK should be concerned about a nuclear equipped Japan and Taiwan. US officals may use this as leverage in negotiations.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-03-03, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Arshune
Captain

North Korea has 50 years of economic woe and a huge technology gap to overcome before it can even think about mounting the kind of expansionist campaigns necessary for it to become a world power. After all, soldiers don't fight very well when they have to pick through cow crap for undigested corn to get their daily ration.

Old 2003-03-03, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

I infered China. Perhaps we were on a different tracts. Your right about NK regarding them becoming a world power.

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-03-03, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Arshune
Captain

Oh, er...yeah, so you did. Need more sleep.

Old 2003-03-03, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

A NK soldier is a lot tougher than you think. These soldiers will cut your throat twice and watch you die without remorse. You've never seen what these people can do. They aren't soft like Americans. They don't need to eat big meals and they are well disciplined and adapted to their enviornment.

As much as China and Russia talk.. they wont do anything if NK makes a move. They hate America and the enemy of my enemy is my allie.

Old 2003-03-03, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
ABRAXAAS
Lieutenant Colonel

It seems the like the us is wearing itself thin right now, if I was an enemy I would take this chance to strike, that could be what nk is thinking
Old 2003-03-03, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Are not American troops disciplined?

Soft like Americans? You mean, ethical and moral like Americans? From what you describe they seem to be brute animals; not humans.

Adaptation to enviroment can be compensated for by superiror technology.

China and Russia had better act as they declared they would; or they face numnerous critisicms. Besides we don't need them; it just looks better.

Your idea of my enemies enemy is my ally idea is interesting. However, unpractical. China and Russia can't take the chance to severe their relations with us. They need us; espcially Russia. They won't turn their backs on us...yet.

Yours,

Old 2003-03-03, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Mtx
The Mensa Troll

Originally posted by Confectrix
Are not American troops disciplined?

Soft like Americans? You mean, ethical and moral like Americans? From what you describe they seem to be brute animals; not humans.

Adaptation to enviroment can be compensated for by superiror technology.

China and Russia had better act as they declared they would; or they face numnerous critisicms. Besides we don't need them; it just looks better.

Your idea of my enemies enemy is my ally idea is interesting. However, unpractical. China and Russia can't take the chance to severe their relations with us. They need us; espcially Russia. They won't turn their backs on us...yet.

Yours,
You don't understand how the world works. People say one thing and do another all the time. The biggest mistake you make is underestimating the abilities of a worthy foe.

Old 2003-03-03, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

China worthy.

Russia no.

Both has severe problems.

They need us.

To do one thing and say another would mean severe consequences.

Consequences they can't afford. It's in their best interests ot side with us. If they don't they risk being alienated from the western world.

Yours,

Old 2003-03-03, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Derv
Staff Sergeant

I bet that Kim Jong Il knows that he needs resources and food, so he probably wants to attack a weak country near to gain these things. However, he knows that if he does this he will have the US up his ass, as was the issue in N Korea, although it was also to uphold democracy in that war. Maybe what Jong Il is thinking is that he might as well just go right to the source, and attack the US in the first place, because he knows that he will have to fight us in the end.

"I don't know when, I don't know where, but something bad is going to happen." - Donald Rumsfeld
Old 2003-03-03, 08:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sol
Sergeant

Kim Jong Il is a whackjob. I read about how he created 'swedish pleasure teams' for himslef and his father. (Although that might not be as bad as I make it sound ) He loves crappy horror movies where teenagers get maimed by a freak with a chainsaw. Most of his time, when he was younger, was spent partying, his age has hardly changed a thing. Despite the dismal state of his nation, when Madeline Albright came for a diplomatic conference, he threw a huge parade that strained the recoures of his broken nation.

All the while 1000s die of starvation and 100's of thousands live in desperate poverty. Now he his screwing his people over even furthur by getting himself into international trouble that may cut off aid. How do people like this stay in power?!
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge