Major items from Twitter - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Smoke me a kipper, skipper - I'll be back for breakfast
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-10-28, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Re: Major items from Twitter

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Nah, i guess its more complex this time around. Charge really sounds like pushing through a bloddy wall of enemys. Fits the TR. :>
That would be cool. Give the TR MAXes a more offensive ability to compliment the defensive lockdown ability.

I hope that all three empires MAXes get at least one major offensive and one major defensive ability.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
That would be cool. Give the TR MAXes a more offensive ability to compliment the defensive lockdown ability.

I hope that all three empires MAXes get at least one major offensive and one major defensive ability.
Charge probably increases movement speed? Maybe let's you fire while in run mode.... Gah. Curse you SOE for faking a power outage. Until I have proof they faked because they weren't ready to release Lib info.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

I'm glad to hear that they're keeping the ES vehicles with the same seat count across empires. Less moaning from the TR when the Magrider splodeses them that way.

MAX Flamethrowers sound epic. Tried And True tech.

Liberator as a 3 seat gunship sounds odd. Tailgunner + pilot + Kaboom Guy? I'd imagine the pilot will get some kind of Warthog-esque chaingun with options to switch out for various Other Things. Or maybe a chin turret a la modern helicopter gunships... though that sounds more like a Kaboom Guy kind of thing.

We'll have to wait and see.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by xSlideShow View Post
I would like to know what the third guy is going to be doing in the lib... And what you will be able to load it out with. I wouldn't be surprised if you could outfit it was bombs? Dunno. WTB Info on this now as well... Still waiting on my Screen shots for VS. Although the did finally pay up with the bases ^.^
Yeah, that seems weird. Why have 3 operators but no bombs?

Pilot, tail gunner, front gunner?

Doesn't that seem to go a little bit against the whole modern design philosophy? A tanks main cannon is now controlled by the driver. A PS1 liberator pilot could control a gun. Now will a liberator pilot be unable to do anything but fly?

Maybe it will look something more like:

Pilot/missile operator
Front Gunner
Rear Gunner

or

Pilot/fixed front gunner
Missile operator
Rear gunner

If they aren't dropping bombs, they at least have got to be unleashing missiles right? Maybe make them like slower, more unwieldy versions of pre nerf Reaverside reavers?

I hope we got a bomber variant though.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

TR MAXes confirmed for having the abilites:

charge, lockdown, and possibly 1 more

Wtf is charge? Is it like overdrive? Is it like a run mode where you can bash through a bunch of enemies? (Chaaaaaarge!)
MODES not abilities. So charge is just "run mode" I imagine. The extra mode might be a submarine or jumpjet option. Could rock.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by NapalmEnima View Post
I'm glad to hear that they're keeping the ES vehicles with the same seat count across empires. Less moaning from the TR when the Magrider splodeses them that way.

MAX Flamethrowers sound epic. Tried And True tech.

Liberator as a 3 seat gunship sounds odd. Tailgunner + pilot + Kaboom Guy? I'd imagine the pilot will get some kind of Warthog-esque chaingun with options to switch out for various Other Things. Or maybe a chin turret a la modern helicopter gunships... though that sounds more like a Kaboom Guy kind of thing.

We'll have to wait and see.
Ah, good point, a apache kind of style. Pilot gets the rockets and stuff, Gunner takes the moving machine gun and other neat thingy, and the tailgunner takes the other machine gun at the back, in case their is a tail gunner.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Yeah, that seems weird. Why have 3 operators but no bombs?

Pilot, tail gunner, front gunner?

Doesn't that seem to go a little bit against the whole modern design philosophy? A tanks main cannon is now controlled by the driver. A PS1 liberator pilot could control a gun. Now will a liberator pilot be unable to do anything but fly?

Maybe it will look something more like:

Pilot/missile operator
Front Gunner
Rear Gunner

or

Pilot/fixed front gunner
Missile operator
Rear gunner

If they aren't dropping bombs, they at least have got to be unleashing missiles right? Maybe make them like slower, more unwieldy versions of pre nerf Reaverside reavers?

I hope we got a bomber variant though.
Maybe they will give the Lib anti flight missile system and etc and the third guy will be focusing on defensive things? Or shooting remote controlled rockets? Or maybe all 3? Could outfit your gunship like the others no?

QQ to many ways this can be taken...

Last edited by xSlideShow; 2011-10-28 at 07:23 PM.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Ah, good point, a apache kind of style. Pilot gets the rockets and stuff, Gunner takes the moving machine gun and other neat thingy, and the tailgunner takes the other machine gun at the back, in case their is a tail gunner.
I guess this makes the most sense. I hope that the driver can equip something like the PS1 liberator 35mm gun, only much more warthog like.

I wouldn't mind seeing liberator gunships becoming one of the deadliest and most effective tank killers in the game. Just make them cannon fodder for AA and ES fighters, while ES fighters have a little more survivability against AA and other fighters, but a little less anti tank firepower (relatively speaking).
Old 2011-10-28, 07:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I guess this makes the most sense. I hope that the driver can equip something like the PS1 liberator 35mm gun, only much more warthog like.

I wouldn't mind seeing liberator gunships becoming one of the deadliest and most effective tank killers in the game. Just make them cannon fodder for AA and ES fighters, while ES fighters have a little more survivability against AA and other fighters, but a little less anti tank firepower (relatively speaking).
Nah, keep the rock paper shotgun err siccor stuff out, its no fun. :>
Old 2011-10-28, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
xSlideShow
First Sergeant

Pretty sure the Lib will be able to kill tanks more effectively than the ES fighters. Cause you know more armor let's them eat up that tanks AA while the ES fighters are gonna have to dodge around. They will also more guns etc... So yeah... It will also have a harder time running away so multiple AA maxes or targets will still make it more vulnerable to AA overall. All speculation of course...

Last edited by xSlideShow; 2011-10-28 at 07:34 PM.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Nah, keep the rock paper shotgun err siccor stuff out, its no fun. :>
It makes for good balance, but I'm not even talking rock paper scissor, just making the Liberator have the fastest TTK's against tanks of any aircraft. That, along with it's high speed (relative to land vehicles) and it's high vantage point would make it a great tank hunter.

Make those tanks be afraid to run around without an AA turret to keep them safe.
Old 2011-10-28, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

I like to think the new lib will be the gunship to the ES aircraft fight jets. My impression of the ES aircraft has been that hovering will probably be a very bad idea with increased lethality on weaponry. They're already pretty flimsy in PS1.

Pilot gets missiles or maybe a nose-mounted cannon, main gunner has access to more missiles and a rotary minigun, tiertery gunner has access to coaxial gun ports cover the tail and both sides, though I'd rather the pilot could attach gun pods to the side of his craft, demanding FIVE people for maximum effectiveness.

For the sake of bombs however, there is little need when your gunner has access to other forms of high-yield explosives such as rockets. A bit more precise than bombs, but probably far fewer in quantity can make it on board the craft, making them more of a strategic weapon and less of a spammy weapon.

Basically, lots of guns, lots of firepower, decent staying power, but real fighters will race circles around it.

Last edited by EASyEightyEight; 2011-10-28 at 07:53 PM.
Old 2011-10-28, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Baron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by EASyEightyEight View Post
I like to think the new lib will be the gunship to the ES aircraft fight jets. My impression of the ES aircraft has been that hovering will probably be a very bad idea with increased lethality on weaponry. They're already pretty flimsy in PS1.

Pilot gets missiles or maybe a nose-mounted cannon, main gunner has access to more missiles and a rotary minigun, tiertery gunner has access to coaxial gun ports cover the tail and both sides, though I'd rather the pilot could attach gun pods to the side of his craft, demanding FIVE people for maximum effectiveness.

For the sake of bombs however, there is little need when your gunner has access to other forms of high-yield explosives such as rockets. A bit more precise than bombs, but probably far fewer in quantity can make it on board the craft, making them more of a strategic weapon and less of a spammy weapon.

Basically, lots of guns, lots of firepower, decent staying power, but real fighters will race circles around it.
Kinda the vision in my head as well.
Old 2011-10-29, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Thinking laser guided or camera guided bombs for the middle gunner on the Lib. If it's just going to be a gunship with no explosives then that seat might be for better radar/countermeasures. Personally sad to see that they're changing my favorite aircraft but if they can keep it as a vehicle that's worth having 3 people man I might not pull too much hair out.
Old 2011-10-29, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Graywolves
General

I want a flag to stick out the back of my max.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion