News: Scythes chasing their target. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You Diggit?!?! Punk!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-11-24, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Re: Scythes chasing their target.

Wonder how much faster the other two empires ESF's are compared to the scythe?

oh, and nice one Morto

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2011-11-24, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
Wonder how much faster the other two empires ESF's are compared to the scythe?

oh, and nice one Morto
I'm guessing/hoping that only the Mossie will be faster. The Reaver most likely will be slower but have more armour/firepower.
Old 2011-11-24, 06:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

They should make the Liberators two-fold aircraft; having one loadout designed as a bomber, and then another to serve as an aerial support gunship for the Galaxy Transports and other aircraft...

I know there was a suggestion the Galaxy was to fulfil this role in the original PlanetSide, and maybe it should as an anti-infantry capacity, but the Liberator sounds more up to the task of holding superior anti-armour as well as anti-air weaponry. That would then mean enemies would still require a squadron of fighters to take it out.

Old 2011-11-25, 01:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I cant see any Air - Air missles on those scythes, ShockFC is clearly not in frame.

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/in...f20a8a01a1e07c
Haha that was great

Good old Bombay TV
Old 2011-11-25, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Traak
Colonel

I cant see any Air - Air missles on those scythes, ShockFC is clearly not in frame.

Hence the new magna-clamp option for Vanu MAX armor feet:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vanu AAmax Scythes.jpg
Views:	546
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	170  
Old 2011-11-25, 02:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Traak View Post

HAX!

haha brilliant!

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2011-11-25 at 02:34 AM.
Old 2011-11-25, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Traak View Post

lol we used to do that in PS1 with maxes and snipers, you can only really go up and down, but its pretty funny none the less boosting snipers into trees or jsut boosting them to some weird ass position where the enemy snipers are like WTF.

Offcourse this was thought of by the Abathur.

lol yea that bombay TV is just perfect...he so gets like that too when you say he did the air to air streak in a wasp...he didn't...he had smash and i wingman for him...which is like 12 wasps...but hey.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2011-11-25, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
EVILoHOMER
Major

My only problem with these "screenshots" is they're all edited and have this weird lighting that I don't think we'll ever see in the game. When we see these and then the ones from actual gameplay the difference is night and day.

I just want them to show what it'll look like when we're playing because EVE Online does the same thing where they say the gameplay trailers are in game, but they aren't. When you're actually playing it doesn't have them edited effects in and all the blurr to make it look better and the UI covers half the screen.

Just show me gameplay so I'm not disappointed when I see what the actual game looks like.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
My only problem with these "screenshots" is they're all edited and have this weird lighting that I don't think we'll ever see in the game. When we see these and then the ones from actual gameplay the difference is night and day.

I just want them to show what it'll look like when we're playing because EVE Online does the same thing where they say the gameplay trailers are in game, but they aren't. When you're actually playing it doesn't have them edited effects in and all the blurr to make it look better and the UI covers half the screen.

Just show me gameplay so I'm not disappointed when I see what the actual game looks like.

What twoddle, go watch the AGN higby shows the lighting in game.
Old 2011-11-25, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
LZachariah
First Lieutenant

Yeah, I'm pretty DAMN sure that these shots are not doctored at all (aside from Morto's million-fighter ambush and the Scythe-surfing MAX's). But yes, I think the gorgeous lighting in these shots is totally accurate to what the Forgelight engine can actually do. I'm absolutely going to master being a Demolitions Engineer, but I'll sure as Hell be saving a few points to certify myself as a Scythe fighter pilot.

~Zachariah
Old 2011-11-25, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant

*cough cough*

You should check this out.
Old 2011-11-25, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
demonicale
Sergeant

this game is looking AWSOME!, with every new screenshot!.
Old 2011-11-25, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
EVILoHOMER
Major

The game does look good, I'm such a big Planetside fan and want the game to be a huge hit as it was one of my all time fave games. It's just I'm so sceptical of SOE after they ruined every single MMO they made that I liked and constantly lied to us. I just don't want them to ruin another game, they haven't released anything worthwhile since 2003 and only ruined games I once did like.

Everything I've seen has looked great so far apart from the character faces, they do look dead behind the eyes. I'm just gonna be really vocal because I don't want SOE to fuck this one up. I hope they take their time with it and release it when it is done. Which DCUO doesn't give me much hope cause it just seemed like they haven't learnt from their mistakes in the past and they keep releasing rushed out mediocre content for EQ.

I am loving how each faction has their own style now with the aircrafts, there really isn't need for a Reaver and a Mosq model for each faction if we can switch out weapon loads.
Old 2011-11-25, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Xyntech
Brigadier General

That footage that Higby broadcasted during AGN community night speaks volumes.

SOE will do what SOE will do, but as for the dev team, they are solid. This thing is going to be great.
Old 2011-11-25, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Shogun
Contributor
General

The game does look good, I'm such a big Planetside fan and want the game to be a huge hit as it was one of my all time fave games. It's just I'm so sceptical of SOE after they ruined every single MMO they made that I liked and constantly lied to us. I just don't want them to ruin another game, they haven't released anything worthwhile since 2003 and only ruined games I once did like.

Everything I've seen has looked great so far apart from the character faces, they do look dead behind the eyes. I'm just gonna be really vocal because I don't want SOE to fuck this one up. I hope they take their time with it and release it when it is done. Which DCUO doesn't give me much hope cause it just seemed like they haven't learnt from their mistakes in the past and they keep releasing rushed out mediocre content for EQ.

I am loving how each faction has their own style now with the aircrafts, there really isn't need for a Reaver and a Mosq model for each faction if we can switch out weapon loads.
THIS!

but i am sure the devs are doing their best to make planetside 2 the game it deserves to be! and when the team was introduced, a guy was mentioned with the job to keep the soe suits of the teams back ;-)
after release this will be the most important job in the dev team!
and i hope it works this time.
soe may not have learned from previous mistakes, but i think our dev team really showed that they have learned a lot since ps1! if they hadn´t, the game would still be top secret and we could not even give feedback on their ideas! but they give us q&as show us pics and ideas and watch our feedback and speculation.
most other devs don´t even listen to the gamers during beta, and we get heard at alpha stage!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion